“Great 'Bang for the Buck'”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“Great 'Bang for the Buck'”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Wife and I had a 3 day get-away and we chose this newer hotel over other established hotels we've stayed prior and GLAD we did. I saw the many favorable reviews before I booked and 'bang for the buck' is a good term. We had a king-bed suite w. whirlpool tub in the room, fireplace, balcony, etc. The mattress on the bed seemed to be issues for some negative reviewers. We have a very simillar mattress at home and I was extatic that this hotel also had. It is also not easy finding a good (or any) hotel that offers king beds. We didn't participate in all ammenities; pool, public hot-tub, fire-pit, restaurant, etc. so can't say. Slight drawback - no safe in room, had to use safe at front desk, no big deal. Used the corded connection and WIFI on lap-top, iPad and cell phones -smooth. The shower was unique in that it sprayed differently - in a very invigorating good way. Hot water is on demand. Also this hotel is supposedly 1st LEED certified in TN, a great concept. Parking was free and plentiful. Close proximity to building depended on time of day / evening. Luggage carts were avail. during check-in and check-out. Located approx 1 block off main-drag on high / top side of G'burg. Lots of restaurants, shopping and attractions w/i walking distance. We have stayed at much worse for alot more money; ie. SC beach. Overall great place to stay. "We'll be back"

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobsaye
gardenkelly, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate loyal guests such as yourself who spread the good news about HGI Gatlinburg!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The good:

* Nice looking and impressive lobby.
* Fairly new hotel.
* Parking is easy.
* Pool is indoors, spa outdoors.
* Convenient location to downtown stores.

The bad:

* Nasty dirty carpets - don't even consider walking around in white socks.
* New beds are foam and inflatable bladder types, which were very uncomfortable for me. Wife preferred to sleep on an Aerobed that I brought in from the minivan.
* Gravel path to main street is gravel lined alleyway, littered with debris and overgrown foliage. (I would suggest that front desk stop recommending this path, or send staff to maintain it.)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyDaddyGuy
Thank you so much for your review on our property. I appreciate that you took your time to share the pros and cons of your stay. Please allow me to give you an explanation about your cons.... as you may know our property is a certified LEED property and several of the components in our hotel are made of recycled material. That being said our carpet is one of the recycled components and tends to wear a little sooner than regular carpet, currently we are changing it. The walkway that we recommend to our guests as easy access to the Parkway is often misunderstood and many times people may walk all the way through, we usually give options as access to the Parkway. Again I would like to thank you for response and hope to have you stay here again soon.
Travelers Rest, SC
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This hotel is new and everything is immaculate. The beds are so comfortable. Location
is right in the heart of Gatlinburg, walking distance to everything. It is a Hilton and it
definitely lives up to your expectations. The breakfast was the best part of the day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRrenegade
gardenkelly, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
TRrenegade,
Thanks so much for wonderful comments on our property. I agree that our breakfast and breakfast staff really makes a great start to your day while staying at the HGI Gatlinburg! Next time your in Gatlinburg we'd love to have you stay with us again. THANKS AGAIN!
Morehead City, NC
Reviewed 5 July 2011

You know what to expect from Hilton and this one doesn't disappoint. Great location for your Gatlinburg vacation. Great Staff. The outdoor hot tub and fire pit were a great afternoon early gathering spot for several couples and families to discuss the days adventures. Beds are the best at the Garden Inns. The staff was really helpful with directions to our rafting outfitters and providing daily run routes for me to keep my training up to date on vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MagicNC
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg. We are so thankful to loyal guests like yourself who spread the word about us to others. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you visit Gatlinburg...Thanks again!
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn and have been impressed with the consistency of service. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are nice. I love the beds. So comfy and adjustable to taste. I think it's a bit pricey but it's nicer than cheaper options. Definitely will stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again whatever city I might find myself in.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BJM49
gardenkelly, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg. Your feedback means so much to us, next time you visit Gatlinburg we'd love to have you! Thanks again.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My sister and I stayed here in March 2011. This hotel is clean, comfortable, modern and within walking distance to everything in downtown Gatlinburg. Parking was very easy and they allowed us to leave our car in the parking lot after we had checked out. The front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank KYMichelle
gardenkelly, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to mention your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg. I'm so glad to hear that you had a great stay. We hope next time your in Gatlinburg you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg for your lodging needs. Thanks again!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at the HGI - Gatlinburg for second time in May. The rooms are very clean and the check-in staff and dining room staff are the best. I did have one minor complaint during my stay. While my room was totally clean, apparently the previous occupants had left bath towels hanging on hangers in the closet. I would think who cleaned the room would check for such things. As others have said, it is nice to have an easy place to park and walk to all of downtown Gatlinburg. I enjoy the made to order breakfast at HGI over the free breakfast at Hampton and Fairfield Inns. In fact, I wish that they would open a HGI in Pigeon Forge or Sevierville closer to Dollywood and all the attractions in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: I alway get the King Evolution Room at HGI's