“Great place to stay in town!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was passing through on my way back from a business trip and I decided to stay here as it was walking distance to everything and is one of the newer places in Gatlinburg. Great customer service and the location is quiet. I may plan on staying here the next time I come to Gatlinburg for fun.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is a beautiful property with many "Green Features." When you leave your room the air-conditioning shuts off. There is a sensor that determines whether anyone is in the room. So coming back to your room on a hot day hoping for it to be cool is out of the question. A huge problem for me is the bathroom in our Suite. There is almost no exhausting. So after one steamy shower the bathroom remains dripping wet. And if you plan to use the bathroom I strongly suggest that you bring some air freshener or you will have to listen to your daughter complain for more than an hour that the bathroom stinks. Sometimes green goes a little far. Having an exhaust fan on its own switch can be properly used. The bathroom has almost no ventilation so when the room is hot the bathrooms become hot. And there is no way to cool them. Even opening the door completely does little good. I hope this IS NOT a trend for the future. There already appears to be mold or mildew on parts of the ceiling and the place is only 2 years old. The evening manager and his maintenance people both told me that the entire hotel is designed this way. It was not just my room. Sharing a bathroom with 4 people is typically a challenge.

Room Tip: We selected a room with a balcony which was worth the extra money. My wife and I had a nice time si...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank RAH4
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed here three nights with my sisters for vacation. Hotel is very clean and convenient to downtown Gatlinburg. Everything is within walking distance! The hotel is on a back street and was very quiet. No great view from the room, but we weren't in it much. Breakfast was very good and had a nice variety of food. Only complaint was the bed wasn't adjustable as advertised but it did end up being very comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, a very nice stay.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stopped one night on our way though Smoky Mountains.
We hadjunior suite which was large and as requested on reservation on a high floor away from elevator. There were a number of baggage carts waiting by the entrance from the car park which made unloading our extensive luggage much easier. A nice comfortable bed and we both enjoyed good nights sleep. We also had a large balcony which would have been nice to use with more time.
After walk through town we decided to eat in;we have discovered this is unusual on this trip. However my burger and salad was good. Breakfast the following morning was not so good. The cold buffet was good with good fruit selection but the hot ...
In summary a good, convenient stop if you are visiting Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Go for high floor overlooking front of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Let me start by saying that this hotel is EXTREMELY nice compared to some of the more "rustic" places in Gatlinburg. The front desk staff were a little standoffish but the staff in the restaurant were EXCELLENT!!
I'll be honest, as African Americans we were a little aprehensive about Gatlinburg but we were there for a family wedding so we decided to "make do" and we had NO problems whatsoever.
Front Desk: When we first walked up, there was about 6 people behind the desk in a little huddle and only one Gentleman spoke to us, he checked us in and was very friendly and informative, I wish I could remember his name.
Lobby: Smelled very nice, everything was modern and clean
Room: A little "tight" but again, everything was modern and clean. I appreciated the "check up" call from the front desk about 10 minutes after we arrived in the room. The fireplace is a nice feature but it is on a timer that clicks loudly, not very romantic:)
THE WALLS WERE PAPER THIN - Someone in the adjoining room was taking a bath and I could actually hear the water splashing...not good. I could also hear most of their conversation one night at 2am.
Bed:..OMG, when you first sit on it, be glad you don't have brittle bones. I read the instructions on adjusting it but could never tell the difference. It seemed that the dial just spun around freely. Actually sleeping on it was not bad as long as you didn't move around a lot. .
Breakfast: DELICIOUS and the restaurant staff are super friendly and accomodating.
Parking: They have a dedicated parking lot with lots of spaces but if you arrive late, you will have to park a little far back in the lot - But it is very well lit.
Price: I have stayed in nicer places for less money - we paid $165 a night and to me, that was a little high for a city like Gatlinburg.
Overall, it was a nice stay with very little problems. I don't see us ever going back to Gatlinburg as a couple (too touristy and skeevy) but I would definitely stay at this hotel chain again.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with the "adjoining" doors..you can hear everything that happens ne...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Boostanka
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We have been to the Gatlinburg area many times for weekend getaways, and we have never found a hotel with the standards we have for traveling. We figured with a Hilton, we would get something more our speed. We booked online adding the breakfast buffet option to our room. The hotel is a couple of blocks off of the main strip, which is nice but can be tricky to find (especially with the construction work going on). The hotel lobby, dining area, pool, etc were very clean. The staff was fine, not super friendly. Our room was clean, with the exception of one glass that appeared to have been used and left in the room. The beds were ok comfort-wise. The hotel webpage states they have a heated indoor pool...a more accurate description would be that the room containing the pool is heated, but the water in the pool was frigid. Regardless, our kiddos enjoyed splashing around in it! The hot tub is outdoors in a very nice courtyard with a great view of the stars at night. There is also a great fire pit with comfy seats around it. The breakfast buffet was a great combination of cold/hot and made-to-order items. The kitchen/serving staff were the friendliest, most helpful people there.

All in all, this was a very good resort. My complaints are the "heated pool" and the uncomfortable bed. My husband's complaint is the length of time it takes for the hotel to process payment.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the creek/river.
2  Thank Amber N
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Chose this hotel based on very good Tripadvisor reviews. I recommend it as well. Great location very short walk up to 'the strip'. Currently street utility work in Gatlinburg so there is no "Traffic light #9" which made it a little difficult to find, but once there, we truly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very spacious (we had the 2 queen, no fireplace), staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend adding the breakfast - a great deal when added to your room charge. Hotel is very clean, modern decor, bed comfortable though I agree that the comfort settings don't really seem to change the beds feel that much. Overall a great place to stay.

2  Thank BailesinAL