“Perfect stay in the Smokies!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
UK
“Perfect stay in the Smokies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was our third trip to Gatlinburg and our first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. On our previous trips we had seen the Hilton so decided to give it a go based on TripAdvisor reviews. Booking was really easy and the rate direct with the hotel was favorable. We booked the additional breakfast package which was excellent value for money, loads of choice, freshly cooked omelettes etc which started the day off well. Plus breakfast started at 6am in the week which meant we could be up and out to the trails nice and early. All of the staff at this hotel were excellent- Alton at check-in, Roman who serviced our room as well as Matthew and Kolby in the bar and the maintenance guys. Everyone seemed genuinely pleased to see you and wanted to make sure our stay was perfect. The guys in the kitchen produced great food- breakfast was always cooked to perfection as I requested and the pizza etc in the evening was delicious. I cannot fault any item of food or drink throughout our stay. I don't think it seemed that obvious that pizza etc was available until you read the menu, I was delighted with the one I ordered. The hot tub was superb after a long days hiking and very relaxing by the fire pit. The rooms was decorated well and the TV etc were good. Internet was easy to connect and speed seemed really good, never gave us any issues. Our room had a fire which was lovely and really handy that you can set this on a timer. Apparently the hotel is having a re-vamp but I don't know why as none of the decor, furniture, floors etc seemed in need or re-newing. We have no hesitation in booking our next Gatlinburg stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Hello tommy70Uk, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be staying with us again in future trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you for taking the time to mention Alton, Roman, Matt and Kolby by name. I know that they have already seen this review and is very humbled that you would think to mention them in your review. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Excellent location off the main street across from a wooded area and creek and within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Nice, cozy lobby with fireplace to hang out in and awesome hot tub and firepit area outside. Wonderful breakfast buffet available for a fee and nice bar that is open in the evenings. Some of the rooms have fireplaces and hot tubs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi there Deborah R, thank you for choosing to spend your girls weekend here with us. I hope you ladies didn't get into too much trouble while you were here! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will continue to stay wtih us on what we hope will be many more girls weekend getaways back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assitant General Manager
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Wow! What a beautiful room. Upscale, sophisticated furnishings. Warm and inviting. Big fireplace that did the job. There was a coffeemaker, microwave, and refrigerator. Linens to die for and comfy king bed. Clean! The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful...service with a smile. Room #2 was upgraded due to cancellation. A nice surprise. Yummy food in the restaurant as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Karen T, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The goal of our staff is to give you that "service with a smile" so that we can assist in making your vacation experience the best it could possibly be. I hope that you will continue to come back and visit with us so that you can recieve that same attitude and service each and every time. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cynthiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have spent hundreds so nights in Gatlinburg, TN. and have stayed in a large number of the facilities there. This was my first stay at the Hilton, but will not be my last. The staff was great and it was such a frindly place and everything I needed was there and what I used worked very well. The pool was great and the fitness center was as nice and I looked forward to my morning workouts since it was raining and I could not run outside. The Vac could have been ran a little better and there was a few hairs in the bath room. However, it was not enough to cause any issues with my overall experience. Thanks for a great three nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Hello Billy H, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly do hope that this will not be your last visit with us, and this was just the first of many. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is our 2nd stay at the Garden Inn, and I highly recommend it.

The rooms are clean and cozy. The fireplace was wonderful - especially after hiking through the snow that fell around Thanksgiving. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The water was always hot and great water pressure. The new Keurig coffee makers are a very nice touch.

Workout room was very nice, although not open 24 hours. We didn't eat here (after all, shouldn't you get pancakes in Gatlinburg?)

The front desk staff was perfect - always helpful & friendly. Parking is great (and free), and it's an easy walk anywhere. You do have to cut through a parking garage to get to the main street, but it's just fine... or you can walk around. Our view was over the river, which was also nice. Internet was fast & reliable. And recycling was available everywhere!

I am very surprised by the negative reviews just before mine, although some seem to come from the same group. I don't know, but there were a LOT of groups walking around this Thanksgiving, and a lot of them were pretty rowdy. I don't know if this group was one of them, but maybe... The few that mentioned anything with cleanliness? Were they at the same hotel? Our room was absolutely clean all the time.

I would recommend it totally, and when we head to Gatlinburg, we don't even shop around anymore. There are some really grimy, grungy places in town - this one is excellent! We will be back.

Room Tip: Views of the river were really nice!
Green Features: WONDERFUL!! Thank you for in-room and plentiful recycling!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank professorroyhinkley
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hello professorroyhinkley, Welcome back! I'm so glad to see this was your second time to stay wtih us. I'm even more glad to see that you don't even shop around any more for places to stay in Gatlinburg. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when I read your review. Our staff works so hard in every department to ensure your complete satisfaction so that you will have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for mentioning so many of the positives regarding your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

When you visit the Smokey Mountains do yourself a favor and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I stay in hotels every week and this is one of the best that I have encountered this year. The staff is over the top and by far the best there is.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to Gatlinburg. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt our staff is "over the top and by far the best there is". This is exactly what our goal is each time you stay with us. I want my staff to do whatever possible to make sure that your vacation experience is a positive one. I hope that every time you come back to Gatlinburg we are the first phone call you make so that we can continue to host you and your family for what we hope will be many more trips back to the Smoky Mountains. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Brooks, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have to say that the Hilton Garden Inn is definitely one of the nicest hotels in Gatlinburg (and we've stayed in a lot of them). The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful! The Garden Inn has a great indoor pool and a nice jacuzzi / fire pit area. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Stacey H
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Hello Stacey H, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time with us. We strive for you to have that "excellent travel experience" and I'm so pleased you were able to witness that first hand. I hope that you will always continue to stay with us so that we have the opportunity to wow you each and every time you visit Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.