“Business Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Very helpful and eager to please and make our stay easy and comfortable. Lobby very inviting and room was very large and comfortable. Bathroom was clean. All workers and staff were eager to help and looked for ways to assist us during the 3 day visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Hello Paula C, WOW! The comment can't get much better than that! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I'm so happy that you had a good time with us and that every thing was just as it should have been for you stay. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see your comment when you stated " All workers and staff were eager to help and looked for ways to assist us during the 3 day visit". This is exactly what our goal is as a collective staff. We want to be able to assist in making your vacation experience the best it could possibly be. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We are heading back to the HGI tomorrow...stayed there last year when our daughter's ball team played in a tournament and they are playing there again this year. Looking forward to it!! Super clean, super comfortable, and a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: We didn't know some rooms have fireplaces...wish we would have known and asked for one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Jennifer C, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first stay well enough to come back again. I hope this stay was even better than the first. I'm happy to see the comments regarding the staff being wonderful. I will never get too tired to hear those great comments. Our staff strives daily to exceed your expecations and I truly hope that we were able to do that again this trip. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My boyfriend and I have taken another random trip and decided to try out the HGI Gatlinburg this time around. The location is unbeatable and, staying on an employee team travel rate, the value is impeccable. Everyone has been more than amazing as far as customer service. Housekeeping has really taken care of us throughout our four days. Alton at the front desk has been exceptionally nice every time we've seen him. Matthew, who served us at breakfast and at the bar, was one of the friendliest servers ever. The bar wasn't too busy but he stayed right there and held a conversation with us for over an hour. The breakfast is definitely worth the 9.95, especially with such wonderful service. Gatlinburg is always great but Hilton hospitality multiplies that by a million. We've had the best time here and will certainly book here the next time we're in town!

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello Victoria L, thank you for taking the time to reivew your stay with us. I'm so glad that you were able to take advantage of the employee travel program to come and see us. I'm even more glad to see that you had such a great time! The #1 goal of our staff is to assist in making your vacation experience the best it could possibly be, and I know that Alton and Matt are extremely glad to see that you thought enough of them to mention them by name in your reivew. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Great Hotel to stay at, I feel I'm repeating myself. I have NOTHING TO SAY BAD about any Hampton's Inn's we have stayed in. That's why we ALWAYS choose Hampton Inn's!
Thank you for everything!! Claudette Bougie

Room Tip: All rooms have been accommodating to our needs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Claude743, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm gald to see that you had a great time. I hope that you continue to stay with us every time you visit Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Enjoyed two nights at this hotel. Room was nice, nothing spectacular but clean and newer furnishings. Bed was clean and comfortable. Fireplace was a nice touch. Within walking distance of much of the city.

Would say this is a good choice, though I thought rate was a bit high for the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello SteveinGA, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. While I'm glad to see that you seem to have a good time with us, I'm sorry that we were not able to "wow" you enough for you to give us the highest possible rating. I hope that you will continue to give us the opportunity to "wow" you when you visit Gatlinburg in the future. I know that me and my staff will do everything in our power to make sure you have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel was so pretty. If your looking for a clean and ritzy place to stay this is it. The only negative thing I can say is check in isn't until 4 and then our room still wasn't ready until 15 minutes later. Maybe because its the holidays the hotel was full and caused the delay. It had a full restaurant and pantry. If you have kids the Pantry is very nice it has everything. I will be going back. The bed is very comfortable also. It has a keurig also.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello AAIN13, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to reivew your stay. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry that you were not able to get into your room until 15 minutes after check in time. We try our best to make sure that every room is ready by that 4PM check in time but there are those rare incidents that it occurs. Again, I'm so sorry that you had to experience that, but I promise you we will try and do better for your next visit with us. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was our third trip to Gatlinburg and our first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. On our previous trips we had seen the Hilton so decided to give it a go based on TripAdvisor reviews. Booking was really easy and the rate direct with the hotel was favorable. We booked the additional breakfast package which was excellent value for money, loads of choice, freshly cooked omelettes etc which started the day off well. Plus breakfast started at 6am in the week which meant we could be up and out to the trails nice and early. All of the staff at this hotel were excellent- Alton at check-in, Roman who serviced our room as well as Matthew and Kolby in the bar and the maintenance guys. Everyone seemed genuinely pleased to see you and wanted to make sure our stay was perfect. The guys in the kitchen produced great food- breakfast was always cooked to perfection as I requested and the pizza etc in the evening was delicious. I cannot fault any item of food or drink throughout our stay. I don't think it seemed that obvious that pizza etc was available until you read the menu, I was delighted with the one I ordered. The hot tub was superb after a long days hiking and very relaxing by the fire pit. The rooms was decorated well and the TV etc were good. Internet was easy to connect and speed seemed really good, never gave us any issues. Our room had a fire which was lovely and really handy that you can set this on a timer. Apparently the hotel is having a re-vamp but I don't know why as none of the decor, furniture, floors etc seemed in need or re-newing. We have no hesitation in booking our next Gatlinburg stay at the Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello tommy70Uk, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be staying with us again in future trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you for taking the time to mention Alton, Roman, Matt and Kolby by name. I know that they have already seen this review and is very humbled that you would think to mention them in your review. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.