“weekend romp!”

GreenLeadersGold level
sweetwater, United States
“weekend romp!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

nice getaway for a semi short weekend! have stayed here a few times in the past and the experience has always been pleasant. easy walking distance to most businesses i choose to visit. would like them to have balconies that were directly over the river though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Scott S
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello Scott S, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! While, unfortunately, we can't get any rooms over the river due to our location, I'm so glad to see that we continue to host your 'weekind romp's'. It means so much to me to see folks continue to stay with us time and time again. I hope that we will conitnue that tradition in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
South Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

From our welcome at the front desk to our final delicious breakfast our stay was wonderful! The room was nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly and made an effort to speak to me and my teenage nephews and niece when encountered. The location is perfect! Cannot wait to go back. The complaint I read about water pressure made me a little nervous but was not a problem. I found the shower worked well with great pressure.

Room Tip: High floor has great views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AKdreaming
Hello AKdreaming, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled that we are your 'New Favorite hotel in TN'. Coming from a Top Contributor is an extra special treat for us. I'm can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you felt that way. We want to continue to impress you every time that you visit so that, not only will we be your favorite hotel in TN, but your favorite hotel period! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Alabama
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This is a nice, basic Hilton Garden Inn. As is typical, it's a bit pricey for what you get, and no breakfast items or similar perks are included. Parking is free, and there is a nice indoor pool (not what I would call heated...more like tepid). Courtyard with fire pit and large outdoor hot tub is nice. The lobby seating area with fireplace is nice as well. Five floors, interior hallways with two (somewhat slow) elevators. Rooms are nicely appointed, but basic (rather small) size. Mini-Fridge/micro are in the room. No balcony except for king suites ($159/night non-peak). Regular rooms were $119 in late January. Location is decent. One block off of parkway on River Road, in the Ober vicinity. Access to parkway is more like two blocks though, unless you opt to hike through the nasty parking deck directly behind the building. There are no views to speak of from this location. Staff was very friendly. So, the things that the management can control were all fine. But, I probably wouldn't choose it again. Although this is newer, there are plenty of less expensive options with creek side or parkway balconies (Hampton Inn for one) and more included amenities. It's just not worth the rates.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank deskclerk102
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hello deskclerk102, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to see that you felt that there wasn't anything "spectacular" about your stay with us. While our rates are a little higher than some other hotels, including the Hampton, our brand provides a different quality than some of the other, older, hotel options. I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be "very friendly". The goal of our staff is to assist in making your vacation experience the best it could possibly be. I do hope that you will change your opinion about our hotel and stay wtih us again. I truly feel that the experience that you receive with us supercede's what you can find anywhere else. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Kolby and Darren made great meals with a homemade and personal touch. All staff friendly and helpful. Room cleaning not the best, but overall enjoyable stay. Outdoor hot tub @ 26 degree weather was actually kinda fun!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Bigdoglittlekat
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi there Bigdoglittlekat, thank you for your most recent stay wtih us. I'm glad to see that you found everyone "friendly and helpful", especially Kolby and Darren. I know that they will be excited to see that you thought enough about them to mention them in your review. I will promise you that we will work harder on the cleanliness of your room. We want you to walk away feeling that every aspect of your stay was the best it could possibly be. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are traveling to the Smoky Mountains and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Galtinburg, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Absolutely one of the finest most enjoyable hotel stays ever! Staff was wonderfully accomodating. Room and lobby were warm, cozy, intimate. Beautiful fireplace with large windows in lobby perfect for viewing the snowfall on my trip. Cooked to order breakfast and happy hour in the evenings. This hotel met every possible expectation. Will stay the next time I'm in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Thomas D
Hello Thomas D, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm thrilled to see your review and that you had a great time with us. Our staff strives daily to not only meet your expectations, but help exceed them so that you can have the best vacation experience possible. While I love your review my goal will be just that, to exceed your expectations for your next visit. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever your travels lead you back this way and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

La Vergne, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Second year in a row I was in Gatlinburg for a short business trip in January. This hotel, like any other HGI, is a wonderful hotel. I got an upgrade to a King, Whirlpool, Fireplace room with a view of the mountains. Didn't use the whirlpool but since it was snowing and 5 degrees outside the fireplace and view was awesome. Room and entire hotel is clean. Staff is friendly. Did room service (since it was SNOWING AND 5 DEGREES OUTSIDE) and they were quick and food was good. Regardless of purpose in Gatlinburg this is one of the newer, cleaner hotels and should be considered for all kinds of trips to the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank CJ608
Hello CJ608, thank you for choosing to stay with us again and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled that you chose to spend another trip in Gatlinburg with us and that it was just as good as the first visit. The snow kind of threw us all for a loop but it sure was pretty to look at , and you can't really ask for a better time to be in this area when it snows like that. I hope that you will continue making many more trips back to Gatlinburg and each time I hope that we are the first call you make. I want our hotel to become part of your "tradition" when staying in this area. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadaway
Chattanooga
Reviewed 30 January 2014

On Gatlinburg for business with a large group and had a great experience with the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, amenities were excellent (in room and on property fitness center). Hotel is centrally located, making Gatlinburg very walkable, and since hotel parking was complimentary, it worked great.

Room Tip: King room with fireplace was very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChattaMom
Hello ChattaMom, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm so glad to see that you had a great experience with us. We truly want you to walk away with that feeling every time you stay with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us whenever your travels lead you back to Gatlinburg, hopefully for more of a pleasure trip than a business trip! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.