“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this location…Highly recommend it for a couple's get away! Our favorite thing was the hot tub. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and insisted that we be sure to let them know if we needed anything.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our staff as part of your review. We truly want to make sure that if there is anything you ever need to let us know. I want you to feel like you are a part of our family here and that there is nothing too big or too small to ask for. Our staff works very hard to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible, and I'm so glad that you were able to witness that first hand. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
benton, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had an excellent experience at the Hilton Gardens. Extremely friendly staff, great room and breakfeast in the morning. We were very close to downtown and the sites. Also close to the sky tram. We did not have to drive much to see the sites we were interested in.

1 Thank Mark M
Hello Mark M, thank your for your most recent stay with us and posting your review. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The experience that you have while staying with us is my number one priority. I'm glad to know that your experience was excellent. I hope that we will be your first call when making, what we hope will be, many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have been going to Gatlinburg for years and usually stay at the Clarion or Park Vista. We tried the Hilton Garden Inn for this trip and were very happy we did! this Hilton is located near everything and you can walk to all the attractions. One word though...in front of the hotel, there isn't a sidewalk that extends the entire street but there is one across the street. This is important since traffic can be heavy. Our room was the double queen jr suite...very clean, well-equipped and comfortable, Nice Keurig coffee maker in room, microwave and fridge. No problems at all. The room was slightly small but that's fine since we aren't there to stay in the room. The bar area and lobby are beautiful and such a nice perk. We didn't eat at the grill but it looked good. there's hot chocolate, tea and coffee in the lobby 24/7, which was great for our sons and my husband and me. The indoor saltwater pool is great, not large but big enough. The gym is nicely equipped. The hot tub is outside...was crowded so we didn't utilize it. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We were able to check in early and the customer service was terrific. That is why we stay at Hilton properties if possible. Overall, we will definitely stay at this property again!

Room Tip: Many rooms are creek/mountain view. But, request that view so you aren't looking at a parking lo...
3 Thank 2bemullins5
Hello 2bemullins5, thank your giving us a chance on your last visit to Gatlinburg. I'm so glad to see that you stay wi\th us was a success. Our staff strives on providing your with the best service possible so that you vacation experience is second to none. I hope that you will continue to visit with us again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

sweetwater, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

nice getaway for a semi short weekend! have stayed here a few times in the past and the experience has always been pleasant. easy walking distance to most businesses i choose to visit. would like them to have balconies that were directly over the river though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Scott S
Hello Scott S, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! While, unfortunately, we can't get any rooms over the river due to our location, I'm so glad to see that we continue to host your 'weekind romp's'. It means so much to me to see folks continue to stay with us time and time again. I hope that we will conitnue that tradition in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

South Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

From our welcome at the front desk to our final delicious breakfast our stay was wonderful! The room was nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly and made an effort to speak to me and my teenage nephews and niece when encountered. The location is perfect! Cannot wait to go back. The complaint I read about water pressure made me a little nervous but was not a problem. I found the shower worked well with great pressure.

Room Tip: High floor has great views
2 Thank AKdreaming
Hello AKdreaming, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled that we are your 'New Favorite hotel in TN'. Coming from a Top Contributor is an extra special treat for us. I'm can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you felt that way. We want to continue to impress you every time that you visit so that, not only will we be your favorite hotel in TN, but your favorite hotel period! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Alabama
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This is a nice, basic Hilton Garden Inn. As is typical, it's a bit pricey for what you get, and no breakfast items or similar perks are included. Parking is free, and there is a nice indoor pool (not what I would call heated...more like tepid). Courtyard with fire pit and large outdoor hot tub is nice. The lobby seating area with fireplace is nice as well. Five floors, interior hallways with two (somewhat slow) elevators. Rooms are nicely appointed, but basic (rather small) size. Mini-Fridge/micro are in the room. No balcony except for king suites ($159/night non-peak). Regular rooms were $119 in late January. Location is decent. One block off of parkway on River Road, in the Ober vicinity. Access to parkway is more like two blocks though, unless you opt to hike through the nasty parking deck directly behind the building. There are no views to speak of from this location. Staff was very friendly. So, the things that the management can control were all fine. But, I probably wouldn't choose it again. Although this is newer, there are plenty of less expensive options with creek side or parkway balconies (Hampton Inn for one) and more included amenities. It's just not worth the rates.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank deskclerk102
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hello deskclerk102, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to see that you felt that there wasn't anything "spectacular" about your stay with us. While our rates are a little higher than some other hotels, including the Hampton, our brand provides a different quality than some of the other, older, hotel options. I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be "very friendly". The goal of our staff is to assist in making your vacation experience the best it could possibly be. I do hope that you will change your opinion about our hotel and stay wtih us again. I truly feel that the experience that you receive with us supercede's what you can find anywhere else. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Kolby and Darren made great meals with a homemade and personal touch. All staff friendly and helpful. Room cleaning not the best, but overall enjoyable stay. Outdoor hot tub @ 26 degree weather was actually kinda fun!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Bigdoglittlekat
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi there Bigdoglittlekat, thank you for your most recent stay wtih us. I'm glad to see that you found everyone "friendly and helpful", especially Kolby and Darren. I know that they will be excited to see that you thought enough about them to mention them in your review. I will promise you that we will work harder on the cleanliness of your room. We want you to walk away feeling that every aspect of your stay was the best it could possibly be. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are traveling to the Smoky Mountains and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.