“great location in a grat hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“great location in a grat hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here 3 nights for this part of our annual American road trip and we stayed at this brilliantly located hotel
On arrival we were greeting by a very helpfully young man who told us the room was only available for 2 nights but he said he would put us on top of the list if a 3rd night became available which as he promised 1 did so we did not have to move to another hotel which made our stay even better
The room overlooked the river and was very comfortable and clean with plenty of room
To us if the staff are friendly we always feel that bit more welcome and enjoy our stay that little bit more and they were all very friendly (by everyone we mean from the front desk to the maids that cleaned our room so everyone) and found time to say hello or maybe have a little chat whilst getting on with there daily routine
The location couldn't have been better of the main street (just behind ) and it was a 5minute walk down the street to the entertainment or 2minutes through one of the car parks

1 Thank Caroline M
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello Caroline M, thank you for choosing to spend your annual American road trip here with us. I'm very honored that you chose our location for your trip. I'm sure that there is a lot more that you want to see in America, but I hope that you will stay with us again at some point in the future. I'm so glad to see the mention of our staff and how they were able to take care of you. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provide and I'm thrilled that you were able to witness that first hand. We want to be there to assist in making your vacation experience the best it can possibly be. Thank you again for the kinds words. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Eastern, Ky
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome location! Close enough to walk into town but a little off the beaten patch for the quiet. Get a room with a balcony. Just enhances the experience.
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only qualm I had was that the bed was supposed to be a king and had to be a queen. Not the size of the mattress in my home that is definitely a king.
Great place to stay overall.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BDAEastern_Ky
Hello BDAEastern_Ky, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled to see that you had a good weekend getaway. We want your experience to be enhanced by all aspects of our hotel and if there is ever a time that something does not please never heistate to let us know right away. I hope that you will continue to visit with us every time you make it back this way and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to cotnact me.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is just about perfect. Easy walk to most attractions. Near the park entrance. Location is great! Even better, the hotel has made itself a destination. The rooms are not only clean with good beds but they are delightful. Fireplaces, balconies, and two room suites conspire to keep you in the room. Indoor
and outdoor saline pools and a fire pit encourage you to stay on the property. Why fight the tourist crowds when everything is so perfect right here? Best of all, the staff, especially Alton, are determined to make your day with their friendly attitudes. You simply can't find a better place to stay near the Smokey Mountains National Park.

2 Thank Stacyod
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello Stacyod, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. All I can say is WOW! I'm so honored and proud that you have labled us as the best place to stay in Gatlinburg. We try our very best to make sure that you find us as that destination place and we want to make sure that we do everything we can to assist in making your vacation experience a positive one. Thank you for mentioning our staff in your review, particulary Alton, I know that he will be just as excited as I am to see he made such a great impression with you during your visit. I hope that you will conitnue to stay with us time and again and make us a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Liked the set up of the room. The fire pit is always nice in the winter. Within walking distance of all attractions. From the balcony you can see Little Pigeon River. I was sitting on the balcony and was giving the treat of watching a black bear in the woods.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irresistible G
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Irresistible G, thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay with us. I'm thrilled that you had such a great time with us. I hope that you will continue to stay with us every time you are back this way so that we can continue making your vacation experience better than the last. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

North Springfield, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was located in a very nice spot. Liked the view from the room. I liked that we could walk to everything from our hotel. I do wish they had fixed the light in the bathroom and that the hot tub had been hot and not cold.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Christine C
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Christine C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm very sorry to see that you had a couple issue during your stay that we were unable to resolve. I never want to see things that are within our control not taken care of for our guests. I will make sure to take this review and use it for training purposes so that we can continue to get better so that we can provide you with the best vacation experience possible. Thank you again for staying with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Garden Inn recently and had a wonderful visit! We were greeted by Allison and Alton who both smiled and said hello. They went back and forth debating which activities they wanted to recommend. The best part is that most of them are within easy walking distance of the hotel! The room was clean and the beds and pillows are comfortable. We absolutely had a great time and we will stop there upon our return to the area!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Reillyfamily_13
Hello Reillyfamily_13, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm very happy to see that you had a great time with us and that you will be stay with us again upon your return to the area. Thank you for taking the time to mention Alison and Alton. I know that they will be jsut as excited as I am to see that you thought enough of them to mention them in your review. All our staff here wants to make sure that your vacation experience is the the best it could possibly be. Thank you again for the kind review and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed this past week and had a great time.

Beautiful, clean, newer hotel. Very friendly staff that seemed to want to do anything possible to make our stay perfect.

Hot tub was great... we used it every day and had fun socializing with others who came to use it. Someone from the bar came out and asked us if we wanted to order anything from the bar while we were in the hot tub.

Beautiful patio area with fire pit.

Reasonably priced hotel for the quality of accomodaitons. We were happy and impressed.

Pros:

GREAT location, within walking distance to everything downtown
Beautiful hotel, great staff
Delicious cookies in the afternoon - also coffee, lemon water, and tea all day
Great breakfast selection, good food
Happy hour at the bar everyday 5-7pm
Comfy beds, clean rooms

Cons:

No outdoor pool (But they said we could use the one at the Hampton Inn next door)
Indoor pool was COLD!!
Firepit was nice but we were there for 4 nights and it was never lit.
Hot tub closes too early - 11pm. We would have liked to use it later than that.
As stated in the Pros, breakfast was delicious, but was not complimentary.

This was a last minute trip, so we were unable to get the type of room we wanted. The staff did try to get us into a king room with whirlpool and balcony but there were none available. We did enjoy our king bed suite with fireplace and a view of the mountains.

Get a room with a balcony!!

We would certainly stay again and would recommend this hotel to all our friends and family!

Thank you!

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony!
2 Thank Navilla
Hello Navilla, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. I'm pleased to see that you had a great stay with us. We will strive to take that "Nearly" off of your "Nearly Perfect stay" in the future so that you can leave with saying that your stay was just a "Perfect Stay". Thank you for mentioning our staff. We pride ourselves in insuring your complete satisfaction because we truly do want to make sure your stay in perfect in every way possible. I hope that you will continue to visit with us and make us a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.