“Anniversary”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in Gatlinburg. We would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again! The room was very nice and the staff was great. We had the breakfast buffet every day and it did not disappoint. Very convenient to the shopping and dining, we walked nearly every where.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello cdw060189, thank your for spending your very special day here with us and taking the time to review your stay. I've always said to folks that have been married that long, how you ladies put up with us men for that long is beyond my understanding! I'm sure he is very thankful that you have made him better over those 25 years. Congratulations on such a great milestone and I hope that we can continue to be a part of many more anniversaries to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband & I spent 4 days in Gatlinburg to celebrate his birthday. We LOVE staying at Hilton Garden Inn. I like that it is not on the main highway through Gatlinburg. We walked through the parking lot behind the hotel to get to town, we both liked the convenience of that. We also did a couples massage at ALL About You Day Spa & Salon. We will be doing that again on our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello rhondac524, thank you for choosing to stay with us during such a special occasion. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could walk away saying that you loved staying with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us on many more of those special occasions. We want to be a part of your Gatlinburg tradition for many years to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Once we walked in the door we had a feeling that we truly had stepped it up a notch or two. The decor, the subtle elegance, the correctly attired and trained front desk personnel,and clean smell and feel. We learned it had been operating for five years with a recent redo, where have we been never having noticed it. It's on River Road, one block off the main drag ( The Parkway) and quiet with good parking and access to the attractions. Thank you Hilton Garden if again in the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Harveno
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi there Harveno, thank you for your most recent stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a great time with us and that as soon as you walked in to our building your felt that you "stepped it up a notch or two". We feel that the experience that you can get from our hotel is better than anything out there. We focus on that and our staff does everything possible to enhance your vacation experience. I truly hope that you will make it back to this area and I want our hotel to be a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On visits to Gatlinburg, we usually spend part of a day in Pigeon Forge and part of a day in downtown Gatlinburg, the rest in a mountaintop retreat; in recent years, we've stayed in Pigeon the first night, but decided this year it would be Gatlinburg, and this hotel, which we had never stayed at, seemed like an ideal location, just a short block off the Parkway. If it hadn't been raining off and on, would have been a great evening for a downtown stroll! Nice hotel, top-notch staff. Only complaints: TV shuts off automatically after one hour; at around 3am, the cold water faucet in the bathroom only produced HOT(!) water????

Room Tip: Nicer view from rooms on the front side of the hotel.
2  Thank ClearWater62

Hello ClearWater62, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. I'm glad to see that you had a good stay with us. We always want to exceed your expectations when staying with us so never hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure that happens. I never like to see that our guests had issues no matter how big or small they may seem to be. We will work hard to make sure that your next stay is completely complaint free. Thank you for mentioning that our staff is "top notch". We strive daily to make sure that your vacation is the best it can possibly be and it is very nice of you to recognize our staff for that. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here 3 nights for this part of our annual American road trip and we stayed at this brilliantly located hotel
On arrival we were greeting by a very helpfully young man who told us the room was only available for 2 nights but he said he would put us on top of the list if a 3rd night became available which as he promised 1 did so we did not have to move to another hotel which made our stay even better
The room overlooked the river and was very comfortable and clean with plenty of room
To us if the staff are friendly we always feel that bit more welcome and enjoy our stay that little bit more and they were all very friendly (by everyone we mean from the front desk to the maids that cleaned our room so everyone) and found time to say hello or maybe have a little chat whilst getting on with there daily routine
The location couldn't have been better of the main street (just behind ) and it was a 5minute walk down the street to the entertainment or 2minutes through one of the car parks

1  Thank Caroline M

Hello Caroline M, thank you for choosing to spend your annual American road trip here with us. I'm very honored that you chose our location for your trip. I'm sure that there is a lot more that you want to see in America, but I hope that you will stay with us again at some point in the future. I'm so glad to see the mention of our staff and how they were able to take care of you. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provide and I'm thrilled that you were able to witness that first hand. We want to be there to assist in making your vacation experience the best it can possibly be. Thank you again for the kinds words. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome location! Close enough to walk into town but a little off the beaten patch for the quiet. Get a room with a balcony. Just enhances the experience.
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only qualm I had was that the bed was supposed to be a king and had to be a queen. Not the size of the mattress in my home that is definitely a king.
Great place to stay overall.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BDAEastern_Ky

Hello BDAEastern_Ky, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled to see that you had a good weekend getaway. We want your experience to be enhanced by all aspects of our hotel and if there is ever a time that something does not please never heistate to let us know right away. I hope that you will continue to visit with us every time you make it back this way and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to cotnact me.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is just about perfect. Easy walk to most attractions. Near the park entrance. Location is great! Even better, the hotel has made itself a destination. The rooms are not only clean with good beds but they are delightful. Fireplaces, balconies, and two room suites conspire to keep you in the room. Indoor
and outdoor saline pools and a fire pit encourage you to stay on the property. Why fight the tourist crowds when everything is so perfect right here? Best of all, the staff, especially Alton, are determined to make your day with their friendly attitudes. You simply can't find a better place to stay near the Smokey Mountains National Park.

2  Thank Stacyod
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello Stacyod, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. All I can say is WOW! I'm so honored and proud that you have labled us as the best place to stay in Gatlinburg. We try our very best to make sure that you find us as that destination place and we want to make sure that we do everything we can to assist in making your vacation experience a positive one. Thank you for mentioning our staff in your review, particulary Alton, I know that he will be just as excited as I am to see he made such a great impression with you during your visit. I hope that you will conitnue to stay with us time and again and make us a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.