“Weekend Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cartersville, Georgia
“Weekend Trip”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My family had an 'end of school' trip during the last weekend of May. I booked this hotel based on its stress free ambiance. The hotel delivered; it was in a great location on River Road, just a short walk to the strip, and it provided an excellent breakfast. I recommend purchasing the 'bed and breakfast' room if you plan on eating at the hotel. 2 Kids eat free with each room booked. The breakfast was delicious which included made to order items such as omelets, waffles, French toast; fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, pastries, hash browns, breakfast meat, etc. Well worth the $14 extra a night. It's $19.90 if you pay at the hotel.
The rooms were the cleanest I've ever seen. We did not have a balcony, which I would request next time. The indoor pool was cold, but the outdoor hot tub was a nice temperature.
They provide coffee, water, and oatmeal bars during the day in the lobby area.

Stayed May 2014
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello ShavonneTurner, thank you for choosing to stay with us for your "end of school" trip and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. The bed and breakfast package is such a good deal! Our breakfast here is hard to beat so to add that into your rate and save you some money is the best option for that. I hope that we can become a part of your "end of school" trip tradition from here on out. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and was just as good if not better than the first. The desk staff are remarkable! So friendly, pleasant and helpful! The hotel is immaculate from top to bottom and the location is great! We had the breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs. The buffet was out of fresh fruit which was disappointing but all the other food was very good. It would be nice to have an ice machine on every floor but a little exercise never hurt anyone!

Room Tip: Balcony room really do not offer much of a view and not worth the extra money
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hello onthroadagain121, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that we are getting better with each stay! If we were that great for you this time imagine what your next visit with us will be like! I'm very sorry that you were dissappointed in finding out that we ran out of fresh fruit. I will take this review to my Food and Beverage Manager to insure that we are ordering properly so that you won't have to experience that the next time you stay with us. I also would like to clarify that we do have ice machines on every floor. I apologize that you were unaware of this. Our signage can be a little tricky when it shows for the ice machines but floors 2-5 the ice machines are located next to the elevators where the coke machines are and on the 1st floor we will get the ice for you from out of the kitchen. Again I'm sorry for the confusion and hopefully by making a few adjustments we can turn that overall 4 rating in to a 5. Thank you again and if there is evera any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Wabash, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just want to clarify that I did not actually stay in this hotel. I had reservations here, but upon arriving in Gatlinburg, discovered that this hotel is not ON the creek, it is ACROSS THE STREET, facing it. I did go inside and look around and asked to see a room, and the hotel is beautiful, modern and very clean. The staff was gracious. I just wanted to write that if you are looking to be over the water, this is not the place for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Greengirl87, I'm very sorry to see that your expecations were not met upon your arrival. While we may not be directly on the water we still h ave a lot of great options for rooms that will out look towards the river, including all of our balcony rooms. In addition we are the newest hotel here in Gatlinburg. Where some of those properties sitting on the river are anywhere from 30 to 60 years old we are only 5 years old and branded by one of the finest hotel brands there is in Hilton. So while we don't sit directly on the water, I do feel that you will find other ammenties that we have that we make your stay just as enjoyable as if you were on the river. Thank you and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Tennessee
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am writing on behalf of our entire family of 15 to express our appreciation for the superior service we received during our great stay. I was hoping that you could kindly pass on my utmost gratitude for the outstanding hospitality that was shown to my family by "Amanda". She was the best and deserves a great deal of praise for her excellent customer service. She showed total dedication and commitment to her duties and treated everyone to the same high standard of service. She went above and beyond to make sure that we had a wonderful stay and was such a pleasure to deal with. She truly is a credit to your hotel and she fully epitomizes what 5 star service is all about. We had 8 rooms total and everyone had nothing but great things to say about their stay. We look forward to returning to this hotel in the future. Thanks again, Amanda!

I will definitely be staying at this Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mmoore58
Hello mmoore58, thank you for spending your family getaway here with us. Wow! I am in amazement of the great comment you left for Amanda. I have certainly passed along your gratitude for you all and when I mentioned the reveiw she immediately knew who I was talking about. By the sounds of it you all made just as big of an impression on her as she did for you. I'm so glad to see that Amanda was able to exceed your expectations and I hope that you won't wait too long to come back and see us again. Thank you and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in Gatlinburg. We would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again! The room was very nice and the staff was great. We had the breakfast buffet every day and it did not disappoint. Very convenient to the shopping and dining, we walked nearly every where.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello cdw060189, thank your for spending your very special day here with us and taking the time to review your stay. I've always said to folks that have been married that long, how you ladies put up with us men for that long is beyond my understanding! I'm sure he is very thankful that you have made him better over those 25 years. Congratulations on such a great milestone and I hope that we can continue to be a part of many more anniversaries to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband & I spent 4 days in Gatlinburg to celebrate his birthday. We LOVE staying at Hilton Garden Inn. I like that it is not on the main highway through Gatlinburg. We walked through the parking lot behind the hotel to get to town, we both liked the convenience of that. We also did a couples massage at ALL About You Day Spa & Salon. We will be doing that again on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello rhondac524, thank you for choosing to stay with us during such a special occasion. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could walk away saying that you loved staying with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us on many more of those special occasions. We want to be a part of your Gatlinburg tradition for many years to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Once we walked in the door we had a feeling that we truly had stepped it up a notch or two. The decor, the subtle elegance, the correctly attired and trained front desk personnel,and clean smell and feel. We learned it had been operating for five years with a recent redo, where have we been never having noticed it. It's on River Road, one block off the main drag ( The Parkway) and quiet with good parking and access to the attractions. Thank you Hilton Garden if again in the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Harveno
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi there Harveno, thank you for your most recent stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a great time with us and that as soon as you walked in to our building your felt that you "stepped it up a notch or two". We feel that the experience that you can get from our hotel is better than anything out there. We focus on that and our staff does everything possible to enhance your vacation experience. I truly hope that you will make it back to this area and I want our hotel to be a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.