“Great Place to Stay! Food Service was off however.”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Fairburn, Georgia
“Great Place to Stay! Food Service was off however.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Once again this Hotel was way above the rest, except for one thing: The Morning Buffet was not the same as it was last time. But when you have received FIVE STAR TREATMENT and think you should get the same and it comes up a God THREE STAR! the Rush was on and the staff just could not handle it! Lack of Fresh Fruit ie Bananas for the hiking crowd and fresh juices always having to be refilled and the home cooked Bacon and Biscuits in short supply. Two cooks and they were walking over each other. Special orders caused the Buffet to go without and get bogged down. Then water with meal, one morning had to go get it myself and another keep asking for it and it took three staffers just to get one glass of water. Then to pay for it, you had to get up and find someone to take your money. Saw at least one walk off without paying and our last morning, the "Manager" who had both arms full of five plates, stopped took the plates off his arms and grabbed a handfull of bill off counter and put them in his pocket and took my check and money with his gloved hands and gave me change and then took his not spoiled gloves and put five plates back on his arms and swent flying out to table of mom and kids to serve them, glad it was not my food!
The room and housekeeping was FIVE STAR, The Front DESK Crew were FIVE STAR; FITNESS CENTER FIVE STAR but crowded!! Business Center was tops! Pantry well stocked but $1.35 for frozen Candy Bar!! Other items a little high and some right on target. Lemonade and Orangeade and hot coffee and tea in Lobby a Plus!! Parking A Plus!! But late you got to walk from far end but it is well lighted and you feel safe. Breakfast Crew did tell us of BEAR coming into Parking Lot and trapping some of the Housekeeping crew when it went exploring. So even the Bears love the Hilton Garden Inn!!!

Room Tip: High floor facing either way, even numbers face Mt. LeConte and Odd face River. Higher up gets a bet...
Green Features: Shower heads take a little getting use to but are great once you do.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello LewieD, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. While I'm glad that you found most areas of the hotel to be "five stars" I'm so sorry that you experienced us not at our best in during breakfast. I assure you that I will address this issue immediately and will make sure that we make the proper adjustments moving forward to insure that ALL areas will be five stars on your next visit. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Most of the hotels in Gatlinburg are old, and frankly not very clean. We have stayed at several hotels in Gatlinburg over the years. This was my first stay at this hotel and I was very happy when I saw how clean it was. Also, the staff was very nice and friendly. It is a little pricey, but in lesser priced hotels(at least in Gatlinburg) you don't get the high quality you find here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi there Cathy C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you find us as "one of the best in Gatlinburg". We strive to be the best lodging choice here in Gatlinburg. We want to provide you with the best vacation experience possible and I'm glad to see that you were not dissappointed in your stay. I hope that you will continue to stay with us every time you are back this way. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed over the 4th of July weekend and were really surprised at how nice this hotel was. We made reservations late for a special occasion over the 4th of July weekend and didn't have a great selection of rooms. When we checked in, Alton helped us get a really nice room with a fireplace overlooking the mountain. It was really clean and felt "home like" We loved that it was within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg attractions. We only got in our car to go Whitewater rafting and to go to Cades Cove. All the staff was really friendly, but we had several interactions with Alton and he was so helpful. We took glass bottles to the hottub not realizing we weren't suppose to have glass there. He came out with cups for us and was super nice without making us feel bad for having the glass.
I was also surprised at how quiet it was. I never heard another sound from a door, guest or elevator. I would go there again ANYTIME!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a balcony room on the mountain side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Cassandra H, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm so happy to see that you had a great stay with us. We always strive for perfection and are thrilled when we see that we were able to obtain that with our guests. I will make sure to let Alton know that he made such a great impression on you and your stay. I know that he will be excited to see that. He works very hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and is one of our best at what he does. Thank you again and if there is ever any assitance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent, Excellent stay. If you want easy access to the Smoky Mtns. and downtown Gatilinburg shopping, Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg, TN. is you Best stop for the all in one vacation. The Best thing about our stay was the amazing, amazing, amazing staff. Very friendly, helpful, best wait service and they all had an amazing tour guide type knowledge of the East Tennessee and the Smoky Mtn. National Park. If you are looking for accomodations that are modern, convenient, this is you new place.
Amy, Matt, Alton, Christine, the restaurant wait staff were wonderful. Say hello to them.

Room Tip: Book Early. Choose a room with the mini balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi there Ernest D, wow! What more can I say than that! I love to see comments that use words like "excellent" and "amazing". As you witnessed first hand, this is the goal of our entire staff. We want to make sure that you had the best vacation experience possible. I will make sure to mention to the team members listed that you thought enough of them to mention them as part of your review. I know they will be just as excited as I am to know they made such a great impression on you. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Dayton, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Have stayed at the Garden Inn several times and always had a great time. Hotel is clean and up to date (most hotels in Gatlinburg are not). The staff is always helpful with any questions about the town and surrounding area. We will be back again in the spring as we have for the last few years.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello James W, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! I'm so greatful that you have chosen our hotel to host your trips to Gatlinburg. The goal of our staff is for us to become a part of your Gatlinburg tradition so that we can continue to build a lasting relationship with you and your family. Thank you again and I will look forward to your return visit in the spring. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Felt clean in all areas. Hotel is positioned close to restaurants and the Park. Found it difficult to find a walking path over to the main street. Should be an easy fix. Parking is kind of tight if you come in late.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello scanman_11, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a good stay with us and that you found us to be clean and close to everything. The path that you were mentioning to the parkway, unfortunately, is out of my hands. The gravel path that leads to the parkway is an area that is part of the city of Gatlinburg. If stairs are not a problem, then I would reccommend taking the path through the city parking garage, up one level, then you can exit from there. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Richmond, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a good hotel. It could be great if the bathroom exhaust fans worked and the Internet connection was faster than dial-up. Parking is better than most. I've actually stayed here several times since it opened and have watched it go from new-perfect to average. It's still better than most in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Donald A, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. While I'm glad to see that you have stayed with us in the past and that you still find us "better than most", our goal here is to be better than all. We want to provide you with the best vacation experience possible and I'm very sorry that we were unable to live up to the expectations that you have had for us in the past. I assure you that we will continue to work hard during your future stays with us to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.