“Average hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Irmo, South Carolina
“Average hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Im not much on writing reviews but I look at them to find places to stay and things to do. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg in early August. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly but the room was a bit sub-par. The room was small and the water pressure in the shower was non-existent. We went down to eat breakfast and they wanted to charge us $8+ for typical pre-cooked hotel breakfast. We have stayed at the Double Tree Hilton Park Vista previously and wanted to go back. We checked out of the Garden Inn and checked into The Park Vista.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello AdamW17, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry to see that you did not have the best experience possible with us. We feel that the quality that the Hilton Garden Inn produces, provides the opportunity for you and your family to have that vacation experience that you deserve. To address some of your concerns, the water pressure is due to our LEED certification and is to assist in helping with our green inititave for water conservation. Please let us know at any time something like that is not to your expectation and we will do our best to make sure we take care of it. In reference to the breakfast, our breakfast is served out of our restaurant, like the Doubletree Park Vista. As the same holds true with both brands, we feel that the quality that is produced from our breakfast far exceeds the quality that you can get from a "continental" breakfast as you can see from the many positive reviews we have had in the past. Again, I'm very sorry that you did not walk away feeling that we were the best hotel around and that you could not make us a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My room was very nice and the location was great for gatlinburg (close enough to walk to the attractions but they were not outside your window all night). I have to knock off points for service - though I didn't pay attention to names. The woman who checked me in was extremely rude (while the guy next to her was welcoming and giving great traveling info the other couple checking in) and dining alone in the restaurant was quite awkward as at any given time one to three staff were hanging around my table - I'm sure they intended to be friendly but I clearly had a book and was happy to be alone. I asked for a box and finished my meal in my room.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kristie m
Hello kristie m, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to reveiw your stay. I'm glad that you could walk away saying that this was "overall a good stay", but I'm sorry that you did not recieve the service that so many others in the past have. We try and pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provide to each of our guests. We want to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible and we want to be a huge part of making that happen. I will address these concerns immediately and I promise to you that we will take the correct measure in order for this to not happen again. I hope that you will conitnue to stay with us in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

La Crosse Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond, so I stay in many hotels. This had to be one of the nicest Garden Inn's I have stayed in. We had a fireplace suite with whirlpool. Awesome room. We will stay here everytime we are in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Fireplace/Whirlpool rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas B
Hi there Douglas B, thank you for your loyalty with the Hilton brand and choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a "awesome" stay with us. With you being a diamond member, I could not be any happier that you had a great stay with us. You travel through a lot of different hotels and to say that we are one of the nicest that you have stayed at holds a lot of weight. I'm glad that we could provide you with that experience and I'm glad to know that you will stay with us again when traveling this way. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay and the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The hotels proximity to the Ober Gatlinburg and down town area restaurants and shops was very convenient. We used the trolley to the other part of down town. We also like that the hotel was really close to the part entrance and horseback riding.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Dave C
Hello Dave C, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. I'm glad that you had a great time with us. I feel that our location is one of the best things that our hotel has to offer. We are close enough to everything but far enough that you can get a way from it all. I'm happy that you were able to experience that as well. I hope that everytime you are back in this area that we are the first phone call you make. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Rockwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Wanted a couple getaway and this was the perfect location. Eric Treadway is very professional and his staff is so nice. Everything was perfect with the service and location and room. Loved the public areas, they are so nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CTC00k
Hello CTC00k, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you had a great stay with us. Sometimes those "quick trips" are the ones that are needed the most so I'm happy that you chose to spend that with us. Thank you for mentioning me in your reivew. Our entire staff trys to provide you with a level of service that far exceeds anywhere else. That you were able to experience our staff at its finest puts a smile on my face that's hard to take away. I hope that you will continue to stay with us everytime you come back to this area and always remember that I'm just a phone call away. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contace me.

knoxville, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went there for our anniversary. Service was superb. We arrived early, room was not ready yet, but staff expediated prep and we were in the room in less than 30 minutes. Best service I ever experienced. Breakfast was good. Hot tub was nice, but pool is small. Complimentary Internet very slow. We thought the motel was on the river. Actually across the road from river. Can not see it from the motel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Congratulations on 30 years of marriage Danjean M! I'm happy that you decided to spend such a special occasion here with us. Thank you for mentioning how great your service was and that is was the best you ever experienced. Our goal is to provide you with that every time that you visit with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your 31st anniversary! If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel has everything! Pool, bar, restaurant. Hot tub in the outside open area was a perfect place unwind after the day. Front door of the hotel open right out to the river. All shops and restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ichatta77
Hello ichatta77, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm happy that you had a great stay with us. I think, aside from our staff, the location is one of the best things our hotel has to offer. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel for everything it has to offer. I hope that you will continue to stay with us every time you are back in this area. We want to become a part of your Gatlinburg tradition so if there is any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.