“glad we chose this hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Buffalo, New York, United States
“glad we chose this hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

staff was great. room was clean. I liked having the ability to have breakfast,lunch or dinner right at the hotel. My husband and I walked around Gatlinburg, TN and I can honestly say, we were relieved that we chose this hotel, as many of the others in the area looked run down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Rachel E, I'm certainly glad you chose this hotel also! I love to hear comments from guest that talk about their experience with us. We know that you work so hard to be able to take a vacation and we want to make sure that we assist in providing you with the best vacation experience possible. I hope that we will continue to be your host hotel for many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was very clean and well decorated.The staff was very friendly and gave good recommendations for the local restaurants in Gatlinburg. The location is excellent. All the local restaurants were within walking distance the entrance to the Smokey Mountains was a very short drive. This is important, especially during peak tourist periods. There is only one main road connecting the Pidgeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Smokey Mountains entrance. This road experiences heavy traffic towards dusk. Overall, I had a very good experience at this hotel and will stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us Alexander J. I'm thrilled that you all had such a great stay with us and I always love to hear when my guests say that they will return on future visits. The goal of our staff is for us to be the center of your Gatlinburg tradition so that we can continue to build relationships with you and your family for generations to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide please don't hesitate to contact me.

naples florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First there are the plusses of a Hilton Garden Inn-- great free breakfast for gold members, nice professional staff, good location and this hotel has a very good location just off the main street in Gatlinburg so you can walk to most everything in town, BUT then there was the one bedroom suite we paid top dollar for on a weekend in August. It had NO window in the living room, felt like we were staying in a cave. Our separate bedroom had a small window facing out to another unit and their balcony, so had to keep the drape closed the whole time, and worse there was no door separating the bedroom from the living room so the lights and sound kept this spouse up until the other went to bed. Nobody told us the Hilton Garden Inns don't have doors on their bedroom suites. Certainly not worth the extra money to reserve.

Room Tip: go to breakfast before 8. the hotel breakfast room is supercrowded in the summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leafwatcher
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello leafwatcher, thank you for your most recent stay with us and your loyalty to the Hilton brand. While I'm glad that you had some good things to say about your stay, such as the benefits of your Hhonors status and the staff, I'm sorry that everything wasn't to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, the designs of the rooms are something that I can't control, but what I can control is the way that we present that to you. All of our suites are classified as junior suites. The reason is for what you mentioned. There is not a door that seperates the two rooms,but it is still considered a suite because it has the extra living space area. I apologize that evrything was not to your liking, but I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Good: Location - on River Road, down the hill from the main strip in Gatlinburg. Noise not an issue. Proximity to many newer/better dining options, also "off strip".

The Bad: They charge for breakfast that is comparable to what's included at the Hampton Inn, Zoder's, etc...Water pressure in the showers is woefully insufficient even compared to today's low standards in the industry.

The Average: The room was fine. Nothing special, but clean and sufficient. Comfortable bed.

Unusual observance: The fire doors just off the elevator lobby on our floor...never seen that before. They made it difficult to squeeze luggage through and a luggage cart in particular.

Green Features: They market themselves as very environmentally friendly i.e. winning an award or something. The pendulum of environmental friendliness has swung far to the extreme. If you can't provide a minimal water pressure for your guests to bathe in, you've gone too far.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello gtsports, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry to see that you just felt us to be "average". Our goal is not to be "average" it is to be well above averaage. I'm so sorry that you did not walk away feeling what so many others have in the past. We are a LEED certified hotel, which in order to be compliant with the green initiatives that come along with that the water pressure is weaker than what you will see at other hotels. This is part of the water conservation that is associated with the LEED certification. We are trying to figure out ways to prevent that but still be compliant with our green initiatives. Concerning our breakfast, the Hilton Garden Inn brand does charge for breakfast because it is of a different quality that you can get at a Hampton Inn or Zoder's as you mentioned in your review. You can see there are many reviews on TripAdvisor that speaks of how great our breakfast is, because of the quality that we provide. We have a full buffet with a cook to order window where our chefs will cook you anything you desire. This is something that you can only get at Hilton Garden Inn. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy what so many others have, but I do hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Im not much on writing reviews but I look at them to find places to stay and things to do. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg in early August. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly but the room was a bit sub-par. The room was small and the water pressure in the shower was non-existent. We went down to eat breakfast and they wanted to charge us $8+ for typical pre-cooked hotel breakfast. We have stayed at the Double Tree Hilton Park Vista previously and wanted to go back. We checked out of the Garden Inn and checked into The Park Vista.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello AdamW17, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry to see that you did not have the best experience possible with us. We feel that the quality that the Hilton Garden Inn produces, provides the opportunity for you and your family to have that vacation experience that you deserve. To address some of your concerns, the water pressure is due to our LEED certification and is to assist in helping with our green inititave for water conservation. Please let us know at any time something like that is not to your expectation and we will do our best to make sure we take care of it. In reference to the breakfast, our breakfast is served out of our restaurant, like the Doubletree Park Vista. As the same holds true with both brands, we feel that the quality that is produced from our breakfast far exceeds the quality that you can get from a "continental" breakfast as you can see from the many positive reviews we have had in the past. Again, I'm very sorry that you did not walk away feeling that we were the best hotel around and that you could not make us a part of your Gatlinburg tradition. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My room was very nice and the location was great for gatlinburg (close enough to walk to the attractions but they were not outside your window all night). I have to knock off points for service - though I didn't pay attention to names. The woman who checked me in was extremely rude (while the guy next to her was welcoming and giving great traveling info the other couple checking in) and dining alone in the restaurant was quite awkward as at any given time one to three staff were hanging around my table - I'm sure they intended to be friendly but I clearly had a book and was happy to be alone. I asked for a box and finished my meal in my room.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kristie m
Hello kristie m, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to reveiw your stay. I'm glad that you could walk away saying that this was "overall a good stay", but I'm sorry that you did not recieve the service that so many others in the past have. We try and pride ourselves on the level of customer service that we provide to each of our guests. We want to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible and we want to be a huge part of making that happen. I will address these concerns immediately and I promise to you that we will take the correct measure in order for this to not happen again. I hope that you will conitnue to stay with us in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

La Crosse Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond, so I stay in many hotels. This had to be one of the nicest Garden Inn's I have stayed in. We had a fireplace suite with whirlpool. Awesome room. We will stay here everytime we are in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Fireplace/Whirlpool rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas B
Hi there Douglas B, thank you for your loyalty with the Hilton brand and choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a "awesome" stay with us. With you being a diamond member, I could not be any happier that you had a great stay with us. You travel through a lot of different hotels and to say that we are one of the nicest that you have stayed at holds a lot of weight. I'm glad that we could provide you with that experience and I'm glad to know that you will stay with us again when traveling this way. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.