“Great Service and beautiful hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Naperville, Illinois
“Great Service and beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This Hilton is in walking distance to everything in downtown Gatlinburg, but a block away from all the craziness (a real plus!). The hotel is really quite beautiful in an understated way, There is a nice courtyard that has a fire pit, hot tub and ample seating. They also have a small indoor pool that we did not use. The room sizes are typical and were Very clean. Some rooms have balconies, fireplaces and large tubs and we liked sitting out on the balcony, enjoying the mountain views. Rooms had microwaves and small refrigerators that were a nice convenience.

What made this hotel really stand out for me was the service. I would like to mention Amanda at the front desk and Amy our breakfast server who were both amazing. Amanda took care of us with a requested room change and takes customer service to the highest level. She is a wonderful representative for this hotel. Amy was great too and took time to tell us what to see in the National Park. Thanks gals!

As far as Hilton Garden Inns go, this was the very best one I have stayed at. One negative and I hate to even mention it...Do not let it detract from staying here as this could happen anywhere. There was a minor incident one night with a couple yelling at each other so loud that the police had to be called. Obviously this was not the fault of the hotel and it appeared that the hotel handled the situation promptly and without further incident. There was a peaceful, friendly, family atmosphere present at all times except for this one crazy couple.

Room Tip: Balconies are nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Chris H
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Hi there Chris H, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. I always like to see reviews that points out the level of service that we were able to obtain with you and your family. Amanda is definitely one that exemplifies great customer service and we are lucky to have her a part of our team. I know that the "negative" that you had here will not prevent you from staying again, which we appreciate your understanding, but I assure you that we will always take care of situations like that promptly if/when they arise. That is one of those unfortunate circumstances that was beyond our control,but I'm glad that we were able to show you how we are equipped to handle situations like that. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I and our four children stayed here on a trip to the Gatlinburg area. I found and booked this room based on the size and many rooms do not allow six occupants at a time. There are many nice hotels in the Gatlinburg area but we chose this one based on reviews and some user pictures we found. Overall our experience was okay; it was a very slow check in process as the Internet was down and the hotel was going under some minor (but deafening loud) renovations. We had a double queen room with a living room pullout couch. Both the living areas were very tight compared to other hotels especially in this price range. The pool was very small and the hot tub was broken during our stay. However, the main entrance and hotel is beautiful decorated and very modern. We had paid for breakfast which was good for both adults and four children which was very nice. We made to stay work but I still ask myself. After looking at dozens if not hundreds of reviews of hotels on trip advisor why would any major hotel chains allow their bathrooms to have mold and sloppy caulk joints in the bathtub?! There was black and brown hair all over the ceiling and walls and mold and mildew all over the side of the bathtub. For a brand-new hotel and for the money we spent there should at least be some major upkeep on these spaces as it's so small anyway. I may stay here again one day but I will not pay the price that I paid for a small room.

Stayed August 2014
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello nysen, thank you for choosing to stay wtih us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm very sorry that your experience was not what so many others have had with us in the past. I assure you that I will, personally, insure that we take care of the notated issues. I understand that you spend your hard earned money on staying with us and when we fail to meet or exceed your expectations I do not take it lightly. I will address this issue immediately with my housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure that this never happens again. Again, I'm very sorry that you had to witness that but I hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please never hesitate to let us know right away when you find an issue. I promise you that we will take care of it immediately. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Bluffton, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

A clean and comfortable hotel with friendly staff. I'd gladly stay here again. The only negative is when you leave the hotel, access to the main parkway is a little awkward for walking as there is no easy way to get there, other than through a parking garage, up stairs, which at night time is not that great. I wouldn't let that deter my stay, and I'd go there again because it's a great, clean, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Bryan H
Hello Bryan H, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a great stay with us and that you would come back again. One of the goal's of our staff is for you to walk away feeling just that way. I want us to become part of your Gatlinburg tradition so that we can provide your family with a great experience for generations to come. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

WIFI does not work in some rooms and the staff was unable to fix it after we complained in the afternoon --- the wifi never worked until we checked out the next day. The room was not spacious and the shower had kinda low water pressure. The bar was great and had a good happy hour. The hotel has a large parking lot behind the hotel. Being on River Road it is a bit difficult to walk a block to the main drag because of the closeness of all the buildings.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Earl B, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm sorry to see that you did not feel that our hotel gave you the value you were hoping for. As you can see by so many other great reviews, the goal of our staff is to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. It saddens me that we were unable to accomplish that with your stay. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We love the hotel. It is conveniently located with quick access to the parkway and to the National Park. There is atrolley stop right across the street. Many good restaurants within an easy walk. Parking is available.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Help resolve a problem we were having with internet access. The room was large, well equipped, and very comfortable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there melmixner, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. While I never like to see that there was any kind of issue with your stay, I'm glad to see that our staff was able to resolve it for you in a timely manner. We understand that the chances of us missing a thing or two is pretty good, but it is how we handle it from a staff perspective is what we want you to see. Our staff is committed to making sure that your vacation experience is the best it can possibly be. With that being said, please let us know how we can turn that overall 4 into a 5 for your next trip! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were thrilled with our 1 week stay at the Hilton Garden. The location was great - could walk to everyplace and because it was 1 street behind the main road, it was quiet and peaceful - best of both worlds. The hotel itself was very clean and had nice decor. The hot tub and fire pit were a great touch, we took advantage of them daily. The indoor pool was a nice option, though the water was a tad on the cool side, but that certainly didn't bother our son who swam in it daily. We were really delighted by the quality of the restaurant food. The breakfast buffet was great, lots of tasty options plus it was nice that pancakes, waffles, etc were cooked to order. It was the dinners though that were the real hidden gem - the food was exceptional. We ate there on the first night just because we were tired from flight+long drive but were so pleased by how great the food was, we ate dinner there 2 other nights, plus went for dessert and drinks. The last night we tried a fancy restaurant in the city and while the food was decent, it certainly didn't come close to the hotel's restaurant and we were sorry we didn't just eat there again. The staff at the hotel were all wonderful, so friendly and kind. While everyone was great, the guys at the restaurant/bar were exceptional. They made us feel like we were old friends vs guests just passing thru, especially Seth (I hope I got his name right!). We were thrilled with our stay here and the next time we come back to the area certainly will only stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy L
Hello Kathy L, thank you for your most recent stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm very happy to see that you had a great stay and that you could walk away feeling that we were the "Perfect Choice". We want you to leave feeling that we and counting down the days until your next visit with us. Thank you for mentioning our restaurant as well. We feel that we have a "hidden gem" in our restaurant and we want our guest to try it because we are confident that you will leave loving our restaurant. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is now our "go to" hotel anytime we stay in the Smokies. It is clean, convenient (although not right on the main drag in Gatlinburg, which is fine with us), and the staff is always super friendly! We've stayed here several times and never had a bad experience. I would highly recommend it! We'll be back! :)

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank TravelBugg82
Thank you for your recent stay and your recommendation TravelBugg82. I'm so glad that we can now be your "go to" hotel when traveling to this area. We want to be a huge part of your Gatlinburg tradition so that you would put that label on us just thrills us beyond words. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.