“MUST Stay Here - Fantastic Property”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“MUST Stay Here - Fantastic Property”
Reviewed 9 June 2010

On a recent swing through the South, we stayed at multiple Hilton properties (Hamptons and HGIs) and this location was by far the best. Not only is it LEED certified but wherever you look, the property is beautiful, well maintained with an extremely friendly, 'non corporate' staff that make you feel welcome and at home. Our suite room with balcony was immaculate, well appointed, very comfortable and quiet. Any traveler couldn't ask for a nicer room. Our only regret was this was the last night for us on the road and therefore stayed only one night before heading home and didn't have the oppotunity to enjoy their breakfast as we left quite early. Would have loved to stay longer even if we didn't leave the property.

The location is great to the downtown 'strip' but I must admit disappointment in Gatlinberg overall. This trip marked our 1st time back in > 20 yrs. and the commercialization of the town did not offer us the same appeal - but to each their own. If you're in Gatlinberg, you must stay here. The mgrs. of this property don't miss a beat in exceeding guest's expectations.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2010
Thank you for the great review and hope to see you again soon (even if you just stay in the hotel the whole time)! I will pass on your compliments to the staff, Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I was really happy statying at this hotel. The front desk was so friendly! We have been to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area many times becuase it is a half way point when we travel to our hometown. We usually rent a cabin but we were only in town for a day this time. I am so gald we stayed here. It ws quiet and away from all the craziness. As soon as we walked in you could smell how clean it was. I was thrilled. They even recycle! The beds were terrific. I have never slept that late while staying in a hotel! Room service was pretty good also. We will definately return here if we stay in a hotel in the area again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2010
I am so glad you enjoyed are little oasis here! I believe we have one of the best locations around! Thank you!
Blue Ridge, GA
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My husband and I checked in on Sunday, May 30 for an overnighter. Immediately, we were impressed. Check-in was quick and easy, lobby was beautiful, contemporary and everyone was so friendly. We were assigned a handicapped room with a king bed and garden tub. Walked into the room and had a sitting area with a desk, "L" shaped couch, flat screen and minifridge. The bed and tub were in the next room and the bathroom was huge. We had a view of the siding of the wing next to ours but we weren't planning to sit in the room anyway so no big deal. Only had to walk 2 blocks to the first road taking us up to Parkway and spent the rest of the day window shopping and trying to find a good place to eat. Found one "Yuck!" but that is a different review.

That evening when we returned to clean up and go to sleep, I tried the shower. The shower head was stubborn. I am tall and the shower head was set low for the seat in the shower. I felt like I was in a comedy skit where I couldn't get the shower head to stay at my head instead of my rear end. Finally, it did what it was told and stayed put. I found it more funny than annoying. The bed was nice and clean and fairly comfortable. We did have a bit of trouble trying to get the bed adjusted. We didn't bother calling for more instructions which is what we were told to do at check-in. Next time I think I will adjust mine to Soft instead of Optimal.

In the morning, after having such a disappointing dinner we were leary about where to go for breakfast so we took a look at the hotel's selection. After seeing the fresh fruit bowl, grapefruit halves, made to order omelets and fresh muffins, we stayed. What a pleasant breakfast! Even the coffee was great! The executive chef took our order (we were up early) and the omelets were perfect.

So, since we only live 2 1/2 hours away and ride our motorcycles up through Cherokee, North Carolina a few times a year, we have promised each other to plan a trip to just enjoy the hotel. They have a great lobby and bar to play cards and have a cocktail, a nice heated pool and an outdoor area with a hot tub and fire pit. We have also promised each other to try the dinner at the hotel instead of on the strip. (My husband saw someone eating the Philly cheese steak and said it looked great.) We both can't wait to go back. It wasn't the cheapest but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review. I apologize for the shower head and will have our maintenance department take a look at that! I am in agreement with you about the omelets, they are perfect!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Have been traveling to Gatlinburg for over 30 years now. For those of you who have traveled there over the years, you know that the hotels, for the most part, are pretty mediocre at best. My husband and I went back this May for our 11th wedding anniversary. I wanted a really nice hotel so I searched and searched. Finally found a new Hilton Garden Inn right off the main drag so gave it a shot. Oh my, I must say that this place was really, really nice. It's definitely not cheap (and I hope I'm not making it even more expensive with this great review) but want to give credit where credit is due. We were so happy when we got there! Absolutely beautiful hotel, great location, very nice rooms with excellent modern decor. We even had a fireplace! We got the romance package, so chilled Champagne (okay, sparkling wine, what's the difference really?) and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us in our room. I couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. It was great!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
It is so nice to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job! (Don't worry, the rates will not rise because of this!) Hope to see you again soon, maybe your 12th?!!
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for our daughter's wedding reception. This was a perfect place for a wedding reception and accommodations were outstanding. Everyone in this hotel was very friendly and helpful no matter where you seen a hotel staff employee. We had a large party of family and friends who all enjoyed the hotel atmosphere. This was a gorgeous location for our needs. The hotel staff made this wedding reception and the days we spent there a very pleasant and memorable experience. My husband and I have gone to Gatlinburg for years and find this to be one of the best hotels there.

• Stayed May 2010
Thank so so much for the great review! I will be sure to share it with the entire staff!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 May 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn definitely lived up to our expectations. The hotel is on River Road which is just off the main strip in a quiet location. You can cut through a parking garage to get to the main strip. The rooms were great. You can tell the hotel is new. The only problem we encountered was that we constanly hit our knees and shins against the bed frames as they stuck out. Annoying but a minor inconvenience.

Breakfast was good, $9.99 I think if you have to pay. We also ordered room service dessert one night which was very good. Parking was adequate as well. There are also a few restaurants within easy walking distance on River Rd.

This is surely one of the nicer hotels in downtown Gatlinburg. We would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
cchgi, night auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
I believe our location is one of our best features! Close enough yet tucked away a bit so to offer our guests a respite from the downtown activities. Thank you for the kind words and I hope you will come back and stay with us soon!
La Vergne, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My husband and I went for a getaway, and everything was lovely. The first thing I look for in a hotel is if it is clean or not. This hotel was top notch in my book. We had a room with a king bed and a whirlpool tub, and everything was spotless from the white tub to the white comfort on the bed. Also, my husband wands great customer service when we go places.Everyone from the front desk to the house keepers smiled or conversated with us. This made us feel so welcomed. Of course I have to take out time to talk about their breakfast, it was great. My husband and I feel in love with their bacon can you believe bacon out of all things. We will be returning soon as we get a break from the kids.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, 13 May 2010
Thank you for the kind words! I will be sure to let everyone know what a great job they are doing. See you soon!