“Don't Do It”

Ranked #73 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Don't Do It”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Made a reservation for one night. Website showed decent looking room. That's where it ends. We arrived around 9:30pm. I knew we were in trouble when I had to ring the bell to get the manager to open the door and check me in. She arrived to the door barefooted. Upon entering the office, the smell of chicken curry overwhelmed me. Once we got to our room it looked decent except for the mold in the corner ceiling. I don't think they ever dusted. No remote control for the TV. My closet is bigger than what they called a bathroom. For $55 there have to be better options out there in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tuggie1968

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 4 October 2010

When arrived I asked about the rate posted on website. I was told it was for walk in only. I was told because I made reservation I couldn't have that rate. People who were with me didn't have reservations but they wouldn't give them the rate on site was told had to have coupon and when told they would go get one was told because they still couldn't have the rate posted because they didn't mention it first I did. Owners were very rude and disrespectful. Had to go to office at 11 pm to get toilet paper because no one would answer phone at front desk. No coffee or cups in room. Was told if we wanted ice had to leave our cabin and get from hotel. Showers had cold water and shower heads were so low me at 5'1" had to bend to wet and wash my hair. So no I will never stay again.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank buffy1020razor

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 June 2010

After traveling by motorcycle a few hundred miles that day, we used a coupon from the Travel Coupon book and found this place. It sounds like a good deal being on the water and we thought this would be a relaxing spot. After hauling all of our stuff to the 2nd floor, we thought we would sit on the balcony and enjoy the sound of the water and the cool breeze. My husband walked to the office to get ice so we could have a drink of ice water. They filled the ice bucket less than half full! The balcony was filthy and smelly and when I pulled the chair out, there was a pile of what looked like human feces! I immediately called the front desk and here came the young man at the front desk and a woman with towels, a brush, a spray bottle, and furniture polish and no plastic gloves or correct disposal material. The woman used the brush to rake the feces off the balcony down to the ground below, and hopefully no one was sitting on the balcony below us. He sprayed one spray on the spot and used a towel to wipe the rest of the mess up. He then proceeded to spray it with furniture polish, I guess to get rid of the smell--Who knows! Then he took the same dirty towel and started wiping the table off. That's when I said, "Don't use that same dirty towel on the table!" He said, "I'm going to wipe it off with a clean one!" He proceeded to spray the furniture polish on the plastic table and started to wipe! The lady held the brush in her hand, no plastic gloves, no bag to put this mess in to dispose of it, carried the brush waving it through the room. They touched our doorknobs, and did not disinfect anything! A broken down bed! No ice! No coffee! No Service! No sense of knowing how to manage a motel! We left there knowing we had to let other people know about this place and how we have a concern for the cleanliness of all the other rooms. Gatlinburg's Chamber of Commerce will hear of this!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank OklahomaMamaw
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights; 2 adults and children. The price was right, only $45 per night for a double room. We were the only guests, so the owner was very eager to please. Beds and mattresses were brand new, as were the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer. The balcony overlooking the river was a wonderful place to sit and drink your AM coffee. The room was clean, although no housekeeping was done (ie beds made) the second morning.

No, there is no Wifi available in the room, we were told it was broken, and had to use the Wifi in the office. The major problem was the fact that the electrical outlets were not screwed into the walls, so when you unplugged something, the outlet came out, which was a concern. Altogether though, it was a good value, especially when some other motels were charging twice as much, and were not as clean or as quiet.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Willow1400
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Positive: Beautiful creek runs behind the rooms and there are balconies overlooking this. The location is ok, it's one of the first motels when entering Gatlinburg, so the main attractions are much farther away than they make you think on their website.

Cons: There was about 10 feet of solid ice between were we parked (not in front of our room bc of the ice, but against the back wall) and our door. And when we were switched to the cabins, there was ice on the steps leading into it. Not good when traveling with older family members! Surely they know this is a liability. I understand that ice happens, but they should've at least tried to get rid of it.
They put us in a hotel room that was COLD. The heater wasn't even plugged in when we got there. It took about 5 hrs for the room to finally warm up. We never got hot water. It was so cold, I think the stream out back would've been warmer. We barely washed our hands the first night and didn't shower or wash faces bc of this. The next day I asked them if this could be fixed. They made it sound like the hot water heater was turned off, so I expected it to be fixed & we could shower after a long day of skiing- wrong. I went back down there again and was told they tried to fix it and it should be working. It still wasn't so they "upgraded" us to a cabin, finally telling us the water heater wasn't working for the hotel rooms- they knew this before and let us check in anyway.
I cannot believe they charge more for those cabins! It was a one room shack, ugly, & dingy! And to top it off, when I flipped the switch on in the bathroom to at least see if the hot water worked there, I realized there was mud all over the tile in the bathroom and carpet in the room. So when I told the lady at the front desk of this, she said it was just from the workers & still wanted us to stay in there. Instead she switched us to another cabin, where the hot water did work, but the heat did not. So she then had the nerve to tell us just to stay in our room (and the far end of the hotel) and walk to the cabin to have hot water- all in temperatures that allowed for sheets of ice to be present (so it's cold and we have to deal with almost slipping). We just went and found another hotel, came back and asked for a refund.
They were nice enough to give back the refund, so that would be a plus. But they should not have let us check in without at least a warning of no heat & no hot water. That's just ridiculous.

Also, as others have mentioned, we were the only ones there. We drove past this hotel every day after we checked out and would look to see if anyone had checked in- there was never anyone there except the owner's cars. Also, no internet there.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Jessicache
orange park
Reviewed 4 January 2010

On their web page and on the phone I was told they have Wi Fi only if you sit in the lobby and steal it from Zoders. Also that the cabins had ref. and Microwave wrong again!!! And
that they had been remodeled, DIFFERENTLY WRONG!!!! First night in the cabin no heat, when I asked them about it they know about it because they had given the people who stayed in it the night before a floor heater!!!! They did move us to a hotal room but it was also dirty, but it did have heat. Once they get your money you are out of luck!!! Do not stay here if you love your family!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank crewOrangePark
Jacksonville
Reviewed 3 January 2010

The rooms was very dirty. Beds are old and broke down. Some rooms have no heat, and they know that when they rent it to you. Toilets not always working. The house keeping looks like a 10 yr olds cleaning. Room have a bad order, floors looks like they have never been cleaned, didn't want to take off my shoes.

A number of fire code violation. In which we turned them in on. Took pictures to give to the fire Marshall. They advertise one thing but when you get there, it isn't there. No internet in rooms. What they need to say is you have to sit in there lobby and steal it from Zoders Best Western next door. Americans do not run their businesses like this. Not really sure what country they are from but our standards are higher than that by far. First night there it was 20 degrees and they put us in a cabin with NO HEAT and they knew it....... If you want your family to have a nice place to go, and be clean I sure wouldn't stop there. Maybe thats why they don't sell out. They tell you they are booked and only have a few rooms left, but the truth is when you get there you ARE the only ONE there. That should have been my sign... They park their own personal cars around the lot to make you think other people are there. Seen that first hand.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple