“Beautiful View of the mountains”

Review of Highlander

Resort Pool near Highlander
Resort Pool at Highlander
Resort Outdoor Facilities at Highlander
Landscaping near Highlander
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Book Elsewhere”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family booked this cabin for a multi-generational vacation. We had 5 adult, 2 children and a baby. Disappointment doesn't even cover it.
Cons: The pictures are out dated. The whole property is well worn. The cabin was dirty. We ended up vacuuming before we could let the kids in. Chips on the stairs, gum wrapper, hair in bed and pacifier underneath. Stove oven vents filthy. Shower floor cracked. Control buttons missing in Jacuzzi tub. Light bulbs blown out. Matted picture falling out of frame as you enter. Windows dirty, distracting when the sun shines through. Projection TV crooked, cannot have a straight picture. No chairs in the bedrooms. Air return vents dirty. Towel rank missing in one bathroom. Refrigerator inside cracked and anything that would hold items on the door missing. Kitchen inadequately equipped for the number of people who could stay in the cabin. Sleeper couch on second level cannot be pulled out because of the pool table. Be aware the parking is at very steep angle.
Pros: The view is nice. Although not proactive the people I talked with were polite and friendly. They did refund the cleaning deposit, but not near enough to make up for what I experienced. The on call housekeeper was professional and good, but there is no way she could put right all that was wrong. A cleaning crew and several hours, maybe.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 May 2017
I want to apologize that the cabin was not properly cleaned for your families stay. I have contacted the housekeeping manager and she will put Highlander on the schedule for an immediate 'deep cleaning'. I shared your comments with her and she will see that all your issues are addressed. I appreciate your letting us know about your experience so that we can improve our service. I hope you will give our company another chance to meet your lodging needs.
plant14me
Dallas, Georgia
“Beautiful View of the mountains”
Reviewed 15 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We had a great time. It was a little tough finding it at first but then as soon as we got there we loved it. It was far enough outside of town but still close enough to get to the fun.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Each bedroom had it's own bahroom.
Liked least: The parking on the hillside.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
North Carolina

Reviewed 16 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

TN
Reviewed 4 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing