“Nice dinner at Trout House” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoky Mountain Trout House

Smoky Mountain Trout House
Ranked #18 of 186 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Smoky Mountain Trout House prides itself on offering absolutely the freshest trout in Gatlinburg. Our trout are ice packed directly to the restaurant. Once it has arrived we take great care in our preparing your selection exactly as you like. All of the trout served in this restaurant are Rainbow Trout, grown in the sparkling clear waters of the Smokies. The purity and flavor of mountain trout offered great pleasure to the original settlers of the Smokies. So... have a seat, rest a spell and you, too, can enjoy a special treat... real Smoky Mountain trout! Thank you for visiting us and remember to treat yourself to trout... It's as good as all outdoors!
Tampa, FL
“Nice dinner at Trout House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

When we first saw the name of this place, we laughed and imagined some kind of smoked trout fish dip hut. But it was right next to our hotel and we were looking for some good food and my wife wanted some prime rib. The Trout House had the cheapest prime rib we saw and it was tasty. The trout was terrific. Perfectly cooked, not "fishy" and the sauce and sides were great. Great salads and hush puppies too. We really enjoyed our dinner and would recommend it.

Visited July 2014

“BEST EVER hushpuppies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

And the trout was delightful as well. Quaint old-fashioned decor and very good service. We've already decided to come back.

“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Small quaint restaurant but food very good. Had the smoked trout and enjoyed it. Service was good & servers were friendly. Would eat there again.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee, USA
“Great Trout and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We tried the smoked trout and the Eisenhower trout. We both thought the Eisenhower was better. The service was very good. The rest of the meal was pretty average - the décor needs to be updated and the salad and baked potato were average. I would still prefer a small non-chain restaurant any day so I would recommend this place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Warren, MI
“Excellent trout!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

So thankful for trip advisor which gave me a heads up to try this restaurant on our recent trip to Gatlinburg. There are about 20 different types of trout to choose from, I got the smoked and my husband got the parmesan trout- both there delicious and generous portions! The hush puppies as advertised, are some of the best I've eaten! The salads were good, better than the average garden salad. I tried the cheesy broccoli with my trout, also great. Last but not the least was the homemade key lime pie. I am SO glad I saved room to order it- at $4 it's very reasonable- and it was one of the best I've had!! If you like keylime don't leave without trying it!! Overall a great experience, we even took the kids and it was kid friendly. It IS on the smaller side, we made a reservation (they were accomodating for us, we got stuck on a hike longer than planned and they still saved our table!!)- I'd highly recommend a reservation, as it is a smaller place. Service was also very prompt and friendly. FYI, their menu is online, prices have gone up about $1-$3, but still a good value! If we go back to TN we will for SURE be back!!

• Visited June 2014