“Very nice condo, enjoyed”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Benton, Tennessee
“Very nice condo, enjoyed”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Has the perks of a resort and close to gatlinburg so you can walk the town without paying for parking. Not your typical holiday inn so remember to bring items like coffee, soda and such.

Very nice and clean, highly recommend

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank TheAppalachainRogue
, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and going on to TripAdvisor dot com and posting your review. I loved seeing your review come in about our resort in particular because of the amount of reviews that you have posted in the many different cities. You have been a frequent traveler and seen many things i'm sure. To see your review and for it to be such a positive review makes me and the rest of my staff feel as though the have accomplished their goals in assisting in making your vacation experience a positive one. Thank you again and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadway on behalf of Don Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have stayed as a family many, many times in Gatlinburg and this will definitely be my hotel of choice in the future. Loved how close we were to the hustle & bustle of town but got a little taste of the peace & quiet of the mountains because it wasn't directly on the strip. We actually had the same problem that others have mentioned about being placed in a handicapped room for our first night because they were full. They quickly remedied the situation by changing our room the very next day. The room is like a condo rather than a hotel room. We were having so much fun we decided we wanted to stay one more night. At first check they were completely booked but Matt at the front desk was very helpful & ended up being able to keep us in the same room for one more night. I defintely think they deserve the #1 rating they received on trip advisor.

1 Thank howardjohnsons
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to TripAdvisor dot com. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that anytime you come back to Gatliburg we will be your lodging destination. I am also happy to hear that while you were inconvienienced by the handicap accessible room we were able to rectify that the next day and place you in a regular unit. Thank you again for staying with us and posting your review and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This resort is very nice and extremely clean, however, they put us in a handicap room and that made it miserable. The bathroom mirror was so low I could see the tip of my nose. The shower was a real joke. When I asked why they put us in that room, the front desk lady said because they were overbooked. She wasn't very nice about it. It did not appear to be even fully booked!! Be sure to request a non-handicap room!!
This is a time-share resort and they are a bit pushy to get you to go to the sales pitch thingy.
It is very close, but up hill coming back at the end of the day.... so prepare for that :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy L
First off, I want to thank you for visiting with us and taking the time to go on to TripAdvisor dot com and posting your review. I do hate to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. Our ultimate goal is to assit in making your vacation experience a positive one. I do apologize that you felt the front desk personel was not as sympathetic to your request as you would have hoped for. I will be certain to address that with my staff. We try our best not to place any one in your handicap units because if there is a need for them then we have it available. With our high occupancy unfortunately we have to utilize all of our rooms, but as you stated in your review if you will contact us ahead of time for your next visit and specifically request not to be placed in a handicap accessible unit we will do our best to accommodate that request. Thank you again for your stay and review and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Monticello Ga
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My stay the week of June 7th thru 10th was an enjoyable experience. The motel was above expectations and the staff was always courteous and helpful. I would recommend this location to anyone. I will be returning

2 Thank Allen C
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on TripAdvisor dot com. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and tha tyou will be returning for future vists. We are excited about the changes that are going to take place in 2013 and we really do hope that you will come back in 2013 to share our excitment. We will be updating our furniture, beds, and tv's just to name a few. Again, thank you for your stay with us and if there is any assistance that I can provide for you in the future please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We found the resort very clean and relaxing. Great access to the downtown area. We also enjoyed a massage in our room by your massage therapist, Roger Bailey, who is very professional. The pool was well used until unfortunately it was drained for cleaning during our stay. We will definitely recommended your resort and return.

3 Thank Penny C
First off, I want to thank you for your most recent stay with us and going on to TripAdvisor dot com and posting your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed one of our newest addition in Mr. Bailey. In the short time that he has been here we have had great responses about his services as our in room massage therapist. With his presence here we feel that it is only going to enhance our guest vacations experience. Thank you again for your review and if we can provide any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kingsland, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We exchanged our Orlando, fl week for a week in the mountains in June. This resort was wonderful. Large spacious 3 bedroom lock off, with a gorgeious look of the mountains. There was no need to drive to visit any local attraction or restraunt. Your a short drive to any hiking trail, water fall or mountain drive. Pigeon forge is just 15 minutes again and has several attractions to keep any family busy with entertainment. I can hardly wait to find time to return to this location.

3 Thank jaibird3
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a wonderful time in Gatlinburg for the Memorial Day weekend. The holiday was very clean, we had a 2 bedroom villa. Everything was very close. Will be back!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann270927
HIClubSmokyMtn, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review on to Tripadvisor dot com. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back to visit us again, hopefully soon! Exciting changes are about to occur throughout the resort in 2013 and i hope that you will come back and see what we are all excited about. Thank you again and if there is anything that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to call me.