“Just off Main Street and walking distance to everywhere.”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Car has only moved a few times. You can walk to everything just about from here. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Family came to visit and spend sometime and they also enjoyed there stay here. Nice place and nice time.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Tyrone D
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello tyroned, thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us! It always makes me happy to hear that our guest expectations are meet. I hope you will give us an opportunity to host y’all once again on your next visit. See you soon. Don Ward

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Has good kitchen amenities, which can be very helpful for a week long vacation. Good location. It is more like a rental but it works well for a family stay. No room service but not a big deal because of kitchen amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Omar A
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Orahmad, thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, but even more thank you for choosing us to stay with. You are correct we are actually a timeshare resort with 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished condos. I am glad that y’all enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again real soon. Safe travels, Don Ward

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fresh new upgraded furniture, carpet and bedding, and a beautiful cut stone fireplace gives this fully equipped condo the feel of a beautifully furnished mountain chalet. An indoor and outdoor pool, hot tubs and Monday Night swim party for kids with poolside movies make this one of our favorite vacation spots. Actually we own a timeshare right next door, but each visit to Gatlinburg, we choose the hospitality of THIS resort. Great staff, beautiful rooms, balcony a view, fully equipped kitchen and one king master suite with Jacuzzi tub and separate shower, a second bedroom with ONE QUEEN AND ONE DOOUBLE BED (which is rarely heard of) sleeps the family in comfort. We value our vacation times and choose them wisely. To us, this is a wise choice.

Room Tip: To hear the mountain stream...ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TacoSwope
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

A “wise choice” thanks for that swopess, I have never referred to our service in that manner ,but I like it a lot ! I am so happy that your second visit held true to our focus of exceeding our guest expectations, thus making us a “wise choice”. Please let us know the next time you return, I promise to work very hard to make it even better than the last. Thank you for the review and for choosing us as your “Mountain Home”, see y’all soon Don Ward

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed five nights at the holiday inn Gatlinburg whilst visiting the smoky mountains. what a beautiful place. An deal location for the national park. The smoky mointains are stunning. we stayed in a one bedroom condo. it was spacious and very clean, a welcome treat to come home to after a days treking. A couple of nights were quiet chilly and having a gas fire in the condo was great. you can walk into the town in under 5 minutes where there are lots of shops and restaurants. the pool are was beautiful set out in a wood style lake setting. we would definately return here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RACHEL2602

WOW, RACHEL2606, when I get comments like yours a Senior Reviewer and swopess a Top Contributor, it tickles me so! I can’t agree more, my Smoky Mountains are among the most beautiful areas in the country. I am so happy that you found your villa to be spacious and clean. The fact that you saw our pool areas as a “wood style lake setting” just tickles me to death! We actually used a product called Jewel Scapes, which are different brown colored glass beads in the surfacing of the pools to look more like a river or lake “swimming hole”. I hope you will come back and stay with us on your next Smoky Mountain Adventure. Thanks again for such a generous review. Don Ward

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The condos were typical and spacious. The pool area a tad small but we were only there for one night and didn't jump in. There were plenty of people enjoying it during the evening.

They have figured out a good way to get you to listen to a sales pitch to attend their ownership meeting.

They do not give you your parking permit upon check in. You have to go to a special desk. At that desk, they give you your ticket and then spring the pitch on you. I knew it was coming so when he started in, I told him that we were not interested. He got pretty snippy and came back at me with 'you're not interested in 80k points' (we are Priority Club members). I told him no and he just kept going. I told him that I currently had over 200k points and did not need any more and again, we were not interested. He dropped it at that point. There is a fine line on selling and not annoying your guests. The other club vacation resorts I have stayed in simply offer you a free gift to visit the desk. Then it is your choice.

Other than that issue, the stay was fine. The unit was clean. The staff friendly. We would stay again but still will not be open to an ownership meeting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vtxriders

WOW! vtxriders, yet another Top Contributor 231 reviews are impressive. Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. Our main focus is to always work real hard to exceed our guest expectations and to show you through our actions how much we truly do appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I agree with you, that there is definitely a “fine line on selling and not annoying your guest”. I sincerely apologize for my team causing you to feel it was crossed. I hope that you will come back and see us soon, I promise to work real hard to make your second stay even better than your first. Don Ward

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have visited yhis resort twice ao far once in April and once in September. Thoroughly enjoyed both stays. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The resort is beautifully done and there is so much to do. Shops, restaurants, attractions, wineries, hiking, you name it. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DebZ512
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is the 2nd time we have been at this resort. We all had a wonderful time 2 years ago and equally great time this year. They have updated the rooms since 2 years ago, what a nice surprise. The staff were all helpful and wonderful, they are really respectful to the owners. I love the smoky mountains, with all the great activities in walking distance or a short drive. I will be back over and over again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back facing the woods, You get a beautiful scenery and the sounds of the cree...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jaibird3

Jaibird3, we work very hard to make sure the only surprises our guest get are “nice”. I am so happy to have y’all back and to know that it was as good as your first trip! I love the Smoky Mountains as well, as you know they are always changing. I look forward to seeing y’all “back over and over again”. I promise to work hard to earn your business for every one of those return stays. Thanks for the nice review of your recent stay. Safe travels Don Ward