“Why stay anywhere else in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hemlock Hills Resort
San Diego, CA
“Why stay anywhere else in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN”
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Let me preface my review by saying that I was born and raised in Southern CA, I've never travelled to Tennessee and do not consider myself a "camper" by any means. So when my niece said she wanted to get married in Gatlinburg and have us stay in a cabin, I thought to myself "On no..." I was so anxious about the trip - not just because my niece was getting married, but because it was unknown territory to me (and I travel moderately) AND the concept of staying in a cabin was scary, which to me a cabin was a wooden lodge with minimal amenties.

Hemlock Hills Resort changed that perception for me. Comprised of various sized cabins to cater to couples, small groups or large gatherings, the cabins are beautifully designed and extremely well-appointed. Construction and materials to create these cabins are impeccable! And the Cabin's air-conditioning was cool and strong, especially during the high 90's and humid weather we experienced during our trip.

According to Hibbard Family Corp representative (owners of Hemlock Hills Resort), the family developed the resort & built the cabins as well as manages the property. You can see that there is a lot of pride at this stunning resort.

Our lodging was more than what we expected and we were VERY pleasantly surprised! Sans a very minor ant problem that was limited to only the kitchen sink area, the Hemlock Hills website provides photos of the various cabins and their location at the resort. We stayed in Old Glory Cabin - a tri-level cabin that sleeps 10 people, and included a jacuzzi tub, King bed and fireplace in the master bedroom, another bedroom with a Queen Bed and TV set, and a larger bedroom with a Queen bed connected to the game room that included air hockey, foosball, TV set and the entrance to the outdoor jacuzzi tub and patio area. The living area included a large projection TV set and dining area. The kitchen was fully appointed and included stainless steel refrigerator, electric stove with oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, eating utensils, coffee maker...simply amazing!

What is truly amazing is that the price to stay here was almost 1/2 the cost of staying at one of the nearby finer hotels. Travelling with a large family can be quite costly, but the bargain that we found by staying at Hemlock Hills made our first time trip to Tennessee and the Gatlinburg area affordable and memorable. Truly an unforgettable experience.

The reservation process went smoothly and was conducted mostly online via their online request form and e-mail. I only had to make one phone call to clarify a question, and the staff were friendly and knowledgable by phone and by e-mail.

I plan on returning to TN and when I do, I hope I have the opportunity to stay at Hemlock Hills again. Thank you Hemlock Hills Resort!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MelissaDinSD

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)