“Wow, Wow, Wow”

Summit Manor Condominiums
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Summit Manor from August 30, 2013 until September 1, 2013 (Labor Day Weekend)..... I rented our condo off from VRBO...it had all 5 star ratings....and I wish I could rate it a 10! This was by far the nicest place that we have ever stayed in during our 2.8 years of being married and going on vacations. The condo was everything the picture showed and more. The location couldn't be beat ... unless you could possibly find a nice place with a balcony you could sit and watch people on the strip...and we have tried to find one like that before. This condo was between lights 9 & 10 on the Cherokee end of town. We were able to avoid all the traffic getting there. There was plenty of parking at the condo ... and this normally isn't the case at most condo's we have stayed at. The condo was furnished with the highest quality furniture and furnishings. We could sit outside on our balcony and watch the tram go up to Ober Gatlinburg. We could take an elevator down to street level and walk up right beside Howard's restaurant. There is not one thing at all I would change about this place and I would not hesitate staying there again!!! (we did rent from a private owner)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yhtakGeorgia
There are newer reviews for Summit Manor Condominiums

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our condo here was perfect. Plenty of room and well decorated. Nice and quiet at night, yet close to the parkway and all the shops and attractions. Would stay here again. The office is not handy being down an outside elevator and across the street, but service was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I reserved a condo through their website three weeks prior to our arrival. We arrived around 5pm on the day we were scheduled to arrive. I was told that they had "overbooked" for the weekend and gave our condo away the day prior to our arrival. They instead gave us two motel rooms. Unacceptable. First, I don't understand why they feel it was okay to just not honor our reservation? Second, they did not attempt to call, email or in anyway contact us to let us know we would not have a condo. If I had wanted an ordinary motel room I would have chosen a nicer hotel. I chose the condo with a full kitchen two bedrooms and three beds. I chose a fourth floor condo with a balcony and nice view. All of this was important to me. My husband and I were traveling with our 12 yr old son and my mother. we wanted to have our own individual privacy and still be together in one room. We had lost my father three months prior to this trip and did not want my mother to be stuck in a motel room alone by herself. this trip was a way for us to heal and grieve for my Dad. These motel rooms were on the first floor and not adjoining. There was no kitchen, no balcony and no view. We were so upset we could not relax and it ruined our first evening there. We found another condo around 10pm that night. The manager tried to say the "overbooking" was a caused by a computer glich but I do not believe him. He also took 50 dollars off the bill but that was not an adequate compensation from my point of view. I would have payed 100 dollars more to have the condo. I feel like this was bait and switch and incrediably bad customer service. I would never ever stay at this hotel and would not recommend making a reservation with this hotel.

6  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed in Summit Manor Condominiums August 9-12. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect. There was a mix-up with our reservation, but the manager was accommodating and everything worked out fine. It was in the perfect location and the smell coming up to the balcony from Flapjacks directly below, was enough to get us in there Sunday morning. We only had one issue with the AC during our trip and it was taken care of the same day. We will be staying here the next time we visit. Highly recommend!!!! After working in the hotel industry for over ten years, this one is a GEM!

2  Thank Rab8701
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Lovely cabin and great location. The front door outside light was out and they did attempt to fix but to no avail. Bring a flashlight! The key pad entry is very hard to see in the dark! ut otherwise, the cabin was very nice. Check the A/C unit when you arrive, the heat was on and we were there in August!

1  Thank JFosterNc
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This room looks great and is in a near perfect location if you like to walk downtown Gatlinburg. The bathroom had no electric when we arrived and a call to the front office (on my phone because room had no dial tone)led ME to reset breakers over the phone. Next A/C was operating poorly and found filter completely clogged. I call down front again and asked for this to be repaired. A repair man (sort of) came and just removed filter and said they don't have any and would have to order. Next he plugged another phone in himself and again no dial tone. He stated " well, it looks like they didn't pay there bill again". I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not have a working phone but he could not have cared less. This was never taken care of. There were 2 lights out which he said he would replace and never came back. Lastly washer machine was broken and called to front desk and they seemingly ignored me. Again nothing was done. This is great location but you should hope everything is ok when you arrive because service was terrible.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Gippy96
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Summit Manor Condos. It was in a perfect location so that we could walk to everything easily, but we had 2 bedrooms and a full (very nicely done) kitchen. My parents stayed with us for two nights, and we had an extra night to ourselves and the kids, where we were able to spread out a bit more. It made it very easy to put the baby down for naps and earlier bedtime. And the washer/dryer saved us several times. It was very quiet, as it was set back off the strip, and up a slight hill, separating it from the downtown noise. We even had a little back yard with a view. There is a pool, but it was too cold when we were there, so it was closed, but would probably be nice in the warm summer. The condo it right across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg sky lift that goes to the top of the mountain. We took the kids up there to do snow tubing and ice skating in April! They had a blast! Apparently there are tons of fun things to do in warmer weather as well (water slides and a train...).
The condo is located closer to the end of town that goes into the Great Smoky Mountains. That end of town appears to be a little nicer, a little quieter, and perhaps even a little more upscale. Some nicer restaurants, fewer people, and NOC (!) Nantahala Outdoor Center - a great surprise for us. But we had no problems walking the entire length of the strip several times a day with 3 kids.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, and it was super helpful because you could pull your car right up to lo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family