“Great Motel Quiet and Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleepy Bear Motel

Sleepy Bear Motel
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Boulder City, NV
“Great Motel Quiet and Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

We usually stay at the Clarion when we come to Gatlinburg, but we were attending the Gatlinburg Highland Games (as a side note, these are some of the most scenic games we go to, as nice as the Grandfather Mountain Games to me, for any of my kilted brethren who may read this) and wanted a place close to them, and the Sleepy Bear was the closest. What a find! It is an older 2 story external corridor (you've seen the same motel all across the country if you have done any traveling at all) and had VERY competitive rates. I was skeptical at first, but the desk staff and owner were very friendly and helpful, pointing out the best restaurants and routes around town and even their favorite trails to hike in the National Park, some of which I had never been on. The desk clerk , Andy,helped me with my kilt, he's a fellow Scot and a member of the same Clan I am (MacLean of Duart), and lent me one of his spare kilt pins, I had left mine at home, Great people! The rooms were your standard motel room, 2 queen beds, tv fridge and the like, and were clean as a pin, as cleanliness is something I will not compromise on in where I stay. THey had a pool but it was not open (it was barely in the 60's one day and 80 the next). We had one of their creekside rooms, which had a balcony overlooking the creek, and that is where I spent all my down time, There were ducks who had just had ducklings and I could see trout and small mouth in the creek. Above all the place was quiet. WHen you stay in downtown Gatlinburg, there is always someone driving or people walking and talking by your room, and that's fine and really doesn't bother you when you are there. But here it is quiet, less traffic, no one walking by, and you are not bothered with excessive street lights, or traffic light, signage light, etc., that often keeps people up. We had access to all the food, shopping and activities a downtown, but were out of the grind at night and only a mile away. It was a good week!Now we have two favorite places to stay in Gatlinburg!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
10 Thank UDT21

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)