“Biblical based and no changes in 20 years”

Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens
Ranked #17 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We decided to visit the Christ in the Smokies museum since we had not did it for over 20 years, and it did not seem like there had been ANY changes at all in the past 20 years. Some newer technology would make it more real. The stories were all Biblically true and were a lot of scripture reading over an intercom, while you stared at the same wax characters that have been there for 20 years. My favorite room is the room where Jesus is being tempted by Satan and it the intercom reader ends with saying to notice that Satan is not depicted as an ugly scary creature but as someone normal which is how he does enter our life, he deceives by his ability to make sin look normal, easy, and tempting. I wish they had uses example like this in every scene and actually ended with the story of how to get redemption from our sins, how to be saved, etc. If you have ever seen it before... nothing has changed. There was a not so nice attendant (older lady) at the ticket booth, who did not seem very happy to be at work at Christ in the Smokies Museum. Hopefully she was just having an off day, she asked us if we had a coupon and I said no, where can I get one.. and she rolled her eyes and said anywhere, I had to ask, if she had any, of if my AAA would work, and without saying a word she finally reached under the counter and pulled out a dollar coupon and rung us up for a dollar less, which I really appreciate but she sure did not do it with a smile. The Garden was pretty bland... and again, the same decorations that I seen 20 years ago. It was not really a good value for $11 each. But they did let us park for free so that was a bonus.

1  Thank kytraveler307
"gift shop"
in 37 reviews
"his life"
in 6 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"in town"
in 67 reviews
"lord"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Visited here with friends of ours ( traveling together) on a Sunday morning. We were the only visitors at the time. The lady at the desk was very friendly and informative. The displays were very well done. Of course, we all knew " the story" but we all thoroughly enjoyed our experience and definitely recommend that everyone visits!!

2  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was the 5th time that I went through the museum and I enjoyed it every time. The next time I go I will take my granddaughter

1  Thank Pam G
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our family really enjoyed this. We didn't know what to expect when we went in but it was a very pleasant surprise. Somebody obviously worked very hard on setting this up. Located in a VERY busy area. When we went there was plenty of parking but I can imagine during peak times, parking would be hard to come by. Nice building. Large gift shop area. Beautiful displays showing the life of Jesus. Very nicely done. We are so glad we chose to go here. Everybody in the family enjoyed it. Employees were all very friendly. Would go back again.

1  Thank qwop