“Really scary!!”

Ranked #4 of 21 Tours in Gatlinburg
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I don't want to give anything away but this was awesome. If you like scary stuff you have to go. You never know what to expect.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I thought this would be a fun tour to take close to Halloween. The tour takes you only a short distance and is basically a lot of stopping at places that "might have possibilities of supernatural photography." The tour consisted of one actually spooky story, and it was not scary but morbid and sad. It was actually fairly recent which made it even more disturbing rather than spooky. The rest of the tour consisted of stories of the towns history (interesting, but not haunted) and trying to capture paranormal photography, which we didn't. It was also very annoying that our tour guide, Danni, talked and talked about all of the photos people on previous tours had captured, yet if we aren't seeing anything similar, why would I be impressed? She also made horrible attempts at making us laugh, usually using the same "jokes" in different variations. It was also ridiculous that the tour stopped but did not loop back to the beginning. Therefore, we were stuck walking back at about 11pm by ourselves. For $18-20 a person and 90 minutes of your time you can find something better to do.

6  Thank Alex M
Ghostandhaunt, Owner at Ghost and Haunt Tours of Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Alex,
I wanted to say how sorry I was that you had a bad experience on our tour. We are under new management and, while many things are the same, there certainly are changes as well such as letting our guests use actual ghost hunting equipment in the cemetery at the end of the tour.
And, while we can't make ghosts parade for our guests, many, many do get wonderful pictures and experiences.
I am sorry you weren't impressed by the pictures and experiences of others and we can't guarantee you will personally get what you consider to be a picture of paranormal activity.
We do strive to entertain and inform our guests of the history and activity that has happened here in Gatlinburg.
If you would like to give us a call I would love to to chat with you about your concerns and experiences. I would look forward to that opportunity.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I took 4 teenage girls on this tour and was not expecting a whole lot. Wow! Tour guide Rex was awesome. Not only was the tour a great value for the money ( bring a tour brochure for the discount), but the setting, the history and the stories were really creepy. Of the dozen or so ghost tours I have been on, this one scared me the most, particularly the motel murder story. The unplanned visit of two small snakes along the walk just added to the creepiness!

3  Thank jenpin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Rex was our Guide on October 2nd 2013 and he was awesome. He had a great sense of humor and mixed and was able to mix it in with the stories of the haunted town. I took a great number of pix but did not catch a thing, However one of the people on our tour did catch a few anomalies that seemed to be impressive. We were in a small group which made the tour nice....... If you are looking for some good ghost fun..... I say go for it.

2  Thank Don1145dh1145
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My friend and I decided to go on the haunted tour and boy was it a treat! The price was only $18 (far cheaper than most Gatlinburg excursions) when you book online and we were able to get tickets for that night. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and made the trip even better by cracking jokes and having a good time with everyone. He took us all around and filled us with lots of historical information that made the tour even more interesting by learning the history of the area and about many famous families from here. We got some great pictures and was glad for his little bit of advice. I was using my cell and it didn't look like much of anything in a lot of shots but as soon as I got them on the computer I found some pretty interesting and rather spooky stuff! Highly highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun adventure that veers a bit off the beaten path.

1  Thank jedempse