“You simply cannot miss this place”

Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 134 Shopping in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Dayton, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“You simply cannot miss this place”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

THE BEST - taffy, pecan divinity, peanut butter fudge, pecan rolls/logs and brown bears (turtles). Do not miss this unique shop when you visit the Smokies. Sometimes we stop at the beginning of the trip and then again at the end to take stuff home because we already ate everything we bought!! Whatever kind of candy you like - they have it and it's good. I think almost all of it is made right there. You can see them making taffy in the window. What I love about the taffy is that it's soft and doesn't stick to your teeth like crazy.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ZeGirl

Terre Haute
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great Taffy”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was reading a review that Katherine S had written and I couldn't agree more!
Our parents have visited the area since the mid 1960's and my dad and mom from as early as I can remember would always buy some taffy. Its great to watch the candy makers work through the front window now as it was then. Its still a family tradition that we stop for a few boxes. We like the variety box but buy a box of chocolate and sassafras.
This one of very few businesses that have remained the same and always a pleasure to stop buy.
We usually visit the area twice a year on short getaways and Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen is one of our stops.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rudy045
Southern Pines, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memories”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Every time that I am in Gatlinburg, TN, it brings back memories of my childhood. When I was 11 years old, my mother and I would go to Gatlinburg and would stay at Coopers Motel, right down the street from the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen of which we would go in there every day and buy something. Mine and my mother's favorite were the Orange Creams, then we would get Candy Apples, and always we would have to get Salt Water Taffy. We would always have to get a box of different candies to bring back home to my brothers and their families. Mama loved Gatlinburg and we went every year at least once, usually twice, before she remarried after my father's death(five years) and those were the two things that always remained the same. I have been back twice within the past five years, and I have found that the only thing that has remained the same is the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen with its excellent candy and that has been a mainstay for the past 57 years.

Visited April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“TAFFY!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What can I say, this place has the best salt water taffy. Hands down, the best, and made fresh right in the store. Try the orange!

Visited May 2014
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good Candy!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a good swet treat while checking out shopping. The chocolate covered raisins were AMAZING!