“Great candy!”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great candy!”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I absolutely love the candy here. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have a crazy amount of candy stores to choose from and I have tried several, but now I always end up here for all my confections. You get to watch them make the taffy right out front and while we were there this time the gentleman making it brought us out free samples of Key Lime taffy right off the line. The chocolates here are so good as well. My favorites are the Peanut Butter Smoothies. Kinda like a fudge taste, but much creamier.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Been going here for many years”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I was a child the first time I saw taffy being made at Ole Candy Kitchen in Gatlinburg. Now in my 60s and a frequent traveler to this area, I still make a point to get to this shop. Our tastes have changed over the years, and we opt for some of the more quiet places, but my husband drops me off here, so I can fill a huge shoppig bag with taffy, and a few other goodies. I share them with family, friends, and coworkers back home. They always ask how to get more! I love this shop because it brings back memories from childhood, but also because they make a great line of candies, the prices are very fair, and the staff here is always friendly. I will keep shopping here as long as I can still get to the area!

1 Thank Seniorcoupleluvtogo
Delaware
508 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,809 helpful votes
“Yummy Chocolates & Fun Experience watching Taffy Machine”
Reviewed 21 October 2009

The Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen has two locations on the parkway in downtown Gatlinburg. This location is next to the Pancake Pantry and on the corner of the Village entrance. My husband and I stop in here each and every trip to the Smokies, as it has become a tradition.

Our last visit to the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen was in July 2009 when we were visiting the area for the 4th of July holiday. We stopped in on 7-07-2009 to get some chocolates. My husband loves the chocolated covered raspberry jelly squares & I love the white pecan bark. I got around 1/2 lb. of the white pecan bark and it cost me $8.29. His jelly squares cost us $6.60. We love the quality of the chocolates here and the prices are reasonable. The staff is usually pretty friendly and accomodating! My husband also likes to stop in here and pick up a few jelly squares at a time throughout the trip. The staff is friendly and allows you to buy as little or as much as you like. He buys a couple squares here and there & then makes a final stop to buy 1/2 lb. or so for the road. So it is nice, that they let you buy just a couple of pieces if you want. We also love to pick up souveniers here for friends back home. Often we will pick up the small bags or boxes of taffy. You can get a small bag or box of taffy for only $1.95 & it makes the perfect gift for a child who has been feeding or watching over your pet while you were away!

We also love to stop in the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen because you can often see taffy being made on the old machines in the big glass store windows. You can see that at either location. It really is neat to see the machine pull the taffy and the other machine wraps each small piece so quickly. It is amazing.

Overall, we have had great experiences at the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen. This location is our favorite for shopping since it is nestled in the Village, but we have stopped at the other location on the parkway to watch taffy being made there too. The quality of the chocolates is amazing and the prices are pretty reasonable. It is a real treat. We will continue to visit the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen and would recommend it to anyone in search of some good chocolates while visiting the Smokies OR to anyone who wants to witness how taffy is made.

1 Thank daisyferret1