“Amazing Camping!!! Perfect Experience from start to finish!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Camp LeConte Luxury Outdoor Resort
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing Camping!!! Perfect Experience from start to finish!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We rented a Safari Tent for the weekend, I must say I was very impressed. The sites were spacious, the Safari Tents were spotless, the staff was amazing and the whole trip was PERFECT! The bathrooms are clean, the pool was sparkling and heated. The staff went the extra mile with everything they did. I highly recommend and enjoyed everything about the trip. They really have it togther there and I will be back tons!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 3 and LOVED it. Close to the pool and the bathroom and the playground.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
50onthego
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights in our RV. The sites are tight, but they are nestled in between two large hills making them cozy and scenic. Our site had a very nice picnic table, outdoor light, sewer, 50 amp, cable and WIFI. They also have a small pool, and some tents to rent. I didn't see much other than that. It's a very small campground.

Other than that, when we asked questions about places to go and see in and near the park due to the government shutdown, the management had very little info to share which was frustrating when you're visiting the area. I was really surprised to hear that they had never driven the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway.

In response to other reviews, yes they are on the major thoroughfare into Gatlinburg, but I think because the campground is lower than the road and far enough away, we really didn't hear much traffic noise at all. However, to be fair, we were about halfway back in the campground so perhaps that made a difference.

So although the sites were small, I would love to have given this place a 4 star rating, but the service/knowledge of the staff really was sorely lacking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 50onthego
CampLeConte, Owner at Camp LeConte Luxury Outdoor Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We take it seriously. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of every guest. Everyone working at Camp LeConte is from the area and we are familiar with most roads, local hangouts and attractions. We discussed this and it is true a couple of us have not traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway.

If we do not have the answer to a question, it is our normal practice to check the Internet to find an answer. Your vacation is important. You deserve the best experience. I am sorry if we did not do this and provide the needed information for you.

The shutdown of the government and national park did cause some problems and it was difficult for us to get the information needed to make alternate recommendations. The City of Gatlinburg provided us a list of alternatives that we tried to share with everyone. Again, we are sorry if you did not get this.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will try us again in the future. We appreciate your business!
Windber, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I'm always nervous pulling into campgrounds but no worries here.... AT ALL. We stayed in our tent near the back of the campground and the walk to the washrooms was not far at all. There is very little noise from the road and a trolley stop that goes into Gatlinburg right out front. The shower facility is new and super clean. The owners are extremely friendly and great to work with. Also, there's are great view of the Smoky Mountains. I will definitely be coming back and camping there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heatkins4coal8
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Alright, I'll be honest - I thought I'd have to check my 'man-card' at the door by staying at a facility that uses the word 'Glamping.' It had been a few years since we've been camping as a family. I knew that my blow up mattresses had holes in them, my tent was leaky and i was in $200 minimum just to get my gear ready to do traditional camping, My wife came across this facility online and insisted it was a great solution.....so of course I relented. I rationalized that Glamping is not in the dictionary so that this is just camping with a pre-sent tent.

I still got to do all the things that made me feel manly - I ran my plethora of extension cords throughout the cabin, I used the grill to make a nice fire and most importantly...I had an electric water heater to make instant coffee. I believe the main cabin was a 20 or 30 Amp breaker - so plenty of juice to run an electric griddle or whatever you want to cook with. There are coax cable wires at the base of the electrical box on the Safari-Tents....I did not bring a TV so I'm not sure if they work.

On to the facility. It's only been open for about four months, but was surprisingly busy. Everything was clean. Nice washrooms, Grounds, General Store - the whole nine yards. Wi-Fi is strong across the site. Owners were ridiculously nice and bent over backwards to make sure you are happy and taken care of. Salt-of-the-earth people - take time to talk to them!

I picked the 7th safari tent down because I was worried about being too close to the road. No road noise from where we were at. Our 8-year-old son loved the playground. The campground is small enough to where if there are not too many RVs in the middle, you can see clear across from the Safari Tents to the Playground so we could watch him from our tent.

It was a very enjoyable experience and I'm glad we chose Camp Leconte for our Glamp....er, um...'Luxury Camping' experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MarkMTAM
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The facility is top notch. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and in new condition The staff is extremely pleasant. They even took the time to bring our grandsons diaper bag to us after we left it at the trolley stop. We will go back again and again. Thanks Linzy and Ian for a wonderful stay

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jlynn37174
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a jewel. Very new and very clean facilities. The owners were very nice and hospitable. Very easy access to nearby Gatlinburg via trolley. Truly a unique camping experience...even though we have a camper very interested in the safari tents and upcoming tree houses.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I can not express enough how happy we were with our choice of Camp LeConte for our week long stay in the Gatlinburg area. The camp ground is fresh and clean with a brand new pool and bathhouse. From the cable TV to the New washers and dryers the camp store has anything you might need. We felt very safe and secure there as that has not always been the case with some camps we have stayed in before. Just minutes from downtown Gatlinburg you have the best of both worlds with the peaceful quiet of the mountains and the bustle of the "strip" just down the road. All of this and it is owned and operated by the nicest folks you could ever hope to meet. I do not know how camping could be any better than this. I hope we have a chance to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple