“Not worth it”

Add it.
Taste Of India
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine Restaurant with wide variety of vegan and non-vegetarian dishes. Lunch Buffet till 3:00 PM
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We ate at this place during our christmas vacation and it was of poor quality. The tables were dirty, food not cooked well, and service was poor- slow. The drinks that we ordered showedup when we were done with our meal. We ordered Rice Paulav and they just threw some rice and peas and served that as Paulav. Would not recommend to customers who have tasted authentic Indian food before to try this place.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We asked for something on the menu and they didn't have it. All the curries were kind of same. There wasn't any taste difference in curries. Service wasn't that great. It's not a bad place to go but it's not an awesome place either.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I was so excited to see an Indian Restaurant up here in the Tennessee mountains and I couldn't wait to try it! My husband and I went for the first time on a Saturday afternoon. When we walked in, we saw a buffet available, but also wanted to take a look at the menu that individual dishes can be ordered from. We saw a few dishes we liked and the prices were reasonable being lower to mid range which we find typically in Indian restaurants. Based on our peek at the menu and some encouragement from one of the waiters, we decided on going with the buffet and I'm so glad we did! We had decided to try the place mostly because I myself am vegan (I don't eat any animal products at all, including no dairy or eggs) and I was sure there would be lots for me to eat. There were at least four dishes that suited my dietary choices and in addition another six or seven in the buffet selection. Don't misunderstand me, please, there were plenty of dishes for everyone in the world that doesn't eat like I do, too. My husband tried things like Chicken Tikka Masala and Tandoori Chicken and creamy, spicy curries and reported all to be yummy. I loved everything I tried, especially a spinach chick pea dish which I can't remember the name of right now and my favorite; channa masala. I also really liked the fragrant, spiced potatoes with veggies and veggie rice. Oh, really I loved everything I had including amazing lentils. We enjoyed it so much that we were back on Sunday afternoon and now it's Monday night, we're talking about ordering takeout from there right now. The staff were polite and welcoming and one waiter in particular, Noop (sorry, don't think I've spelled that correctly) was nice and conversational. I hope this review encourages you to give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised whether you are a veggie or not. We loved it!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We went to see the fall colours with my inlaws who came from India for a visit. They wanted to eat some good Indian food and we chose Taste of India which is the ONLY Indian place in Gatlinburg. We went for a NIGHT BUFFET. We had to wait for like ten minutes which is not bad at all and then we were told to sit on table with absolutely NO napkins, NO glasses for water, NO sppons ./ forks/ knives. We told the waiter and he said he would get them. By the time he gets those we thought to start eating, so headed to buffet table. OMG.. It was a MESS. When people served themselves, I think they spllied some food and nobody bothered to clean it. We called the restaurant before heading there and the person said they are open till 11'o clock. We went there around 9 and Naan's were done! The person was refusing to keep naan's.. We ended up having just rice. Cleaned plates werent cleaned at all... Some of the hotel team was polite enough but some of them where just tired and were rubbing it in the customers.

The food was good! I wouldnt pass a bad comment on that. I would absolutely love it, if it was kept clean and the staff was a lil bit polite for what they are serving. Cleanliness is next to Godliness.. This is the first thing schools in India teach. I was disappointed not to see that in this place! It was way too much for what we paid!

1  Thank Satya Sri P
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have visited Taste of India twice since they opened and we definitely go back any chance we get. The staff is wonderful- they will take you on a tour of the buffet and tell you what each thing is (if you're unfamiliar with Indian cuisine, which we are). They are very attentive- your glass never runs dry and your dirty plates are whisked away promptly. The food is wonderful- we had never had Indian food the first time we visted- and they have a range of options that are spicy, not spicy, vegitarian, and full of meat. They also have a menu, which we have never ordered from. The buffet is VERY reasonably priced, this place is definitely a hidden gem on the parkway. If you're in the area and in the mood for something different, you should definitely give this place a go.