“Internet is misleading. Not as nice as what the pictures are”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Gatlinburg
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Internet shows multi. Jump houses for kids. Only is one. Pond is dirty looking. Sewer back up at camp site. And they said we canceled camp site which we did not and if we would have why wouldnt they have put our money back to our card. Then other people that said it happen to them too. Six 6 games in arcade worked. Would not stay again. There are some workers there make you feel like you are a bother, and the washers dont fill all the way up and took bout 1hr to dry clothes. Would not atay there again. Amd we had electic hook up problems at the camp site.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 1tri

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We camped here for 5 days. We loved this campground. Very family and pet friendly. My kids are 9 and 5 and they loved the 500ft water slide, the jumpys, the pool and the story (jack tales). The camping sites(tent) are small (but thats pretty normal for camping). The bathrooms are ok, the showers are very week on water pressure, so depending on what time you try to go, if there are others using the showers or bathrooms the water trickles! Very hard to wash your hair. The staff is pretty much an older crowd, they are NOT familiar with the area so dont ask for directions.

As far as the campground being near attractions.....its 15 mintues to down town gatlinburg, and then from there another 10min to pigeon forge. We went to cades cove to go tubing (that was a good hour from the campground).

Room Tip: tents to rain alot, (just 1-2 hour showers every day) so if you have a tent i would get a site with...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mandy923
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family and I stayed here the week before Memorial Day, we rented a cabin. The cabin was beautiful, and the location was incredible. I can honestly say I have never "camped" somewhere more beautiful. Falling asleep to the sound of rushing creeks is great, gave me the best sleep in months! Almost everything we needed was provided in the cabin. We were there just before the beginning of the busy season, so some of the amenities were not available--but it looked like they would have been a lot of fun. So, we knew the pool would not be open during the week, but we had been told it would be open the weekend before Memorial Day, and it wasn't. We were also disappointed that the bounce houses were not open, as we had been told. My son has epilepsy, and we figured if he wasn't able to do anything else, he'd at least be able to bounce to his hearts content. So it was a huge letdown that they were not available, it really upset the rest of our plans. We were told the reason was because an exceptionally wet spring delayed some things. Now, I used to manage a camp, so I understand, and I have sweated out the arrival of busy season many times. So, I don't fault the campground on that; nevertheless, it was a disappointment to us, even though it was no fault of the campground.
We ended up leaving a day early, and the manager graciously refunded our one night. She didn't have to, we didn't expect her to, we didn't ask her to--but she did! Would we go back? Under better personal circumstances I would definitely give it a second try. It was a beautiful place, and it looked like improvements were being made.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Amazing Time with Family. Awesome Pool. Awesome Water Slide. Awesome Story time with Jack Tales. Would not hesitate to come back. Staff is extremely friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family camps here usually every year. It is a great campground. There is lots for the kids to do. Our last camping trip over Memorial weekend was great except for there was one campsite that the music was way too loud all day long until 11 pm or later. There were people fishing that were not even camping in the campground and taking about 30 trout out. We had bought a band for 7.00 and had to leave because they were just crowding us out. Overall it was a great camping and we will return again. I just hope that the management will start enforcing the quite time a little better and the trout pond.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I booked almost a month out and when we showed up our tent site wasnt ready... end of may and they were doing clean up work.. Laying gravel etc... Our site was next to highway and slide... And everyone in park had to drive by to get to their site..Neither pool nor slide was open (even though the website clearly stated that the pool would be open during value season weather permitting) in fact pool was drained... Poked my head in showers and they seemed clean and updated.... When we asked to change sites we were told they were booked bc of memorial day (yet I was there an entire week before).... Ended up not staying... They gladly offered a refund... However bc it was PAID in advance and their refunds system is not automatic (even though.they told me it was) I was out 250 bucks.. Had to find another place last minute and use my fun/food money cover camping.... So an 8 day camping trip cut to 2 nights... 2 sad kids .... Oh and no cells service .... Fml

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Queenwolfert
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I rented the Log Cabin. I made reservations online and it cost $185 for 2 nights. The campground is nice and secluded, away from the noise of the main strip of Gatlinburg. We checked in Sunday afternoon, and the lady at the general store was very friendly and they had no problems with my reservation. After 6 hours in the car, it was wonderful to finally arrive here. Our cabin was in a private area overlooking a rushing stream, just like the pictures I saw online!! The cabin had a porch with table and chairs, and a sliding glass door was the entrance. We were so surprised, it was so nice! The cabin smelled of fresh wood and was VERY CLEAN!! Lots of storage space and a full kitchen with pots and pans and everything else. Plenty of towels and linens. The bed was so cozy--it felt like a Tempurpedic mattress. We slept very well. There were not a lot of people here, so we were left alone. The pool was not open but that was okay. We can't wait to come back again!!

Room Tip: Rustic cabins do not have plumbing, you have to walk to the outdoor bathrooms, and bring your own li...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple