“Great for families and safety”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Gatlinburg
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stay here every year 4 to 5 timed. We have 9 rvs in our group. Total of over 30 people around that. It is always inviting and plenty to do. They do need to renovate the arcade put 2 or 3 really nice games in there and paint it it would be amazing. But really u dont go camping to play games. I WOULD SAY RENNOVATING A GAME ROOM COSTS ALOT. The pool table and ping pong is great. The lady who we always talk to that runs it her name is donna she is super nice. When they are busy sure she dont have time to chit chat but they are always helpful and accomodating. The pond is a man made so at times it seems a,little yucky but fishing isnt suppose to be clean. The kids love it thats all that matters. The playground is awesome. Now on peak weekends its really busy so the big jumpie houses big water slide and pool gets,crowded but its still so fun. Sitting and relaxing w your family at a place that is safe and clean there is nothing better. Their bath houses are the cleanest ive ever seen. Price is reasonable. I WOULD SAY IF YOU WANNA TRY IT GO AHEAD ITS AWESOME

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Shawn M

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We first reserved a premium campsite overlooking the creek as on the website it looked very secluded and nice. We also picked this campground as they advertise the inflatable slides and bounce houses. When we arrived at our campsite, we noticed that the area was too small for our 4 person tent, and the adjacent campsite was about three feet away, not very secluded or spacious. We promptly requested a different campsite, and moved to a regular one in the woods. Our request was handled quickly and nicely. The new campsite was more spacious and the adjacent sites were not right on top of us. The place is a lot more worn than it appears online. The game room is straight out of the '80s. Also, the "lake" is nothing more than a small retention pond. Again, very deceiving on the web site. We were fine with all of these little "quirks", until we learned that the bounce houses would only be open on the weekends. What? This was not advertised or described anywhere on the website. This was especially disappointing as this was the main reason for choosing this campground, and we were staying during the week. Had I known, we would have chosen a place a little closer to Gatlinburg. The office staff apologized, but didn't offer any solutions or agree that they should possibly disclose this fact on their web site. We could not really overcome this, coupled with the actual condition of the place. We would never consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Great place love the water slide:) clean place nice people things to do was great not far from home pet friendly. Hot showers were great. It was a great place activities for kids bike riders golf carts would stay there again and do recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Texascountrymom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

You can't beat this place for family fun. The water slide is top notch fun and worth the price of your campsite. There are plenty of other activities and they don't charge extra for the use as most other campgrounds do. The trash pickup was nice as well. All the facilities were clean and well kept. However, they have MANY maintenance issues that need to be taken care of. The Water at the campsite can apart and sprayed me down 3 different times. The Sewage backed up into our campsite because of a poor design. We also tripped the breaker due to the wife's hari dryer and found out that there were not individual breakers at each site but instead at one central breaker box. Another positive is that the response on each maintenance was RAPID! The Maintenance man usually made it back to the campsite before I did. I was overall pleased until the sewage incident and the water breaking for a third time. All in all I will probably go again...just be aware there are some SERIOUS upkeep items that need to be taken care of at this place.

2  Thank Shelby M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a great experience here. I am not really a camping enthusiast, but I still had a great time! We stayed for a week in one of the deluxe cabins. It had a private bathroom, one room with a queen bed, a living room, kitchen with small fridge, and another room with bunk beds. One thing to note- the bunk beds in cabin 81 were triple, which meant the top bunk was a little higher up (it has a rail) and the beds were closer together. If you are claustrophobic, this could be a problem! But if you have 3 little kids, who don't mind the close quarters, it would be great. Another note- the rooms aren't entirely private in that the top section of the walls are open. Probably to help air-flow as the A/C unit is in the main bedroom, but moves easily throughout the cabin by the ceiling fan. The porch was lovely and equipped with rocking chairs and a picnic table, and the rest of the campers were courteous.

The kids in our group had a great time at the pool and with the water slide. The general store was convenient and had great ice cream and treats. I went in looking for Oreos, and they didn't have any. A short time later, a package appeared on my porch! The manager went out of her way to get me those Oreos without my even asking. I never actually got to thank my Oreo fairy, but I did appreciate it! The staff was very friendly, and usually made us laugh whenever we interacted, which just added to the relaxing environment.

Room Tip: Deluxe Cabin 81 has a triple bunk bed, queen bed, and pull-out couch. Deluxe Cabin 82 has the same b...
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time camping here and doubtful we will return. Staff was not friendly at all and not real helpful in resolving issues. Staff was rude to our children. The pool table in the game room was messed up and when the kids went to the office to tell them about it they were rude to them and would not give them their money back. They advertised a well stocked fishing pond on their website but I didn't see anywhere on the website that it was a catch and keep and not a catch and release. Charge was $7.00 to fish and the limit was two fish per person. Not worth it! Talked with some other campers that had also encountered issues with their stay. Staff is just not overly accommodating for anything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our first and last time at this campground. Water issues a couple days out of a week stay. Pool water was cloudy. Does not look like pictures on website. The workers do not know much about the area asked many ? And got answers, I'm not sure? They don't anything about the dollywood tickets they sell there. Asked about the 3 day pass they looked at me like I had three eyes! Have a beautiful bathhouse by the pool but they do not clean it! The showers has same clumps of hair for the entire week. Pine cones under the bench tell me they never sweep!!! Paid for full hook up our sewage pipe was backed up. Had to go to another site to empty at end of week stay! Never again!

Room Tip: Go towards the end of the campground near the stream!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Arrow Creek Campground
#5 of 14 in Cosby
Cobbly Nob Rentals
Cobbly Nob Rentals
#17 of 53 in Gatlinburg

Been to Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!