“Great staff and atmosphere”
Review of The Cabin Cafe - CLOSED

The Cabin Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was a hot day so luckily some people finished and we could move to the outside. A man was playing music on the porch and that was cool. I enjoyed my grilled cheese and finally recovered from my burnt tongue from the tasty, but hot northern beans! We had fun attempting to solve a puzzle that we chose from their good selection of games. THEIR DRINK CUPS ARE COMPOSTABLE-I LOVE THAT!!!

There are newer reviews for The Cabin Cafe

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stopped in as an afterthought and were pleasantly surprised.I ordered the egg salad sandwich and cole slaw. Both were very good and the slaw was unique, in a good way. My wife ordered quiche. Her quiche experience at two previous places had not been good, and she stated that this would be her last try. She liked it so well that she ate all of it, something she does not normally do. I liked the paper plates and cups too. We'll certainly be back and will definitely recommend to others.

2  Thank pike817
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband & I tried this for the first time ever. The food was amazing and nice size portions! We will definitely be going back. Met the owner while we were there and he was super nice as well!

1  Thank CathyS_4474
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have to be very careful with eating out after being diagnosed with food allergies several months ago, and since my husband and I were on our one-year anniversary trip, the last thing we needed was for me to get incredibly sick. When we checked out a website for allergen friendly restaurants, The Cabin Cafe was one of only a few options that weren't chain restaurants, so intrigued with the menu and location we decided to give it a try. The atmosphere was perfect -- it's relatively small, which gives it an intimate, cozy feel without feeling too crammed. We got to sit in the loft, which was fun and gave us that uniquely Tennessee feel we were looking for when we decided to go away for our anniversary weekend. There was also live music, including a pianist that played beautifully. The staff was SO friendly and very attentive! I am not used to going to a restaurant and having the staff actually know what "gluten intolerance" means or the risk of cross-contamination, but here I was able to ask about ingredients and get knowledgeable answers. The gluten-free bread was AMAZING -- it actually tasted like real bread! -- and the chefs do a fantastic job at also making the sandwiches look like their gluten-containing counterparts (it sounds simple, but it's incredible how good this makes you feel when you spend your life being the "different" one, the "limiting factor" of where and what you can eat with a group of people). I ordered the Italian panini the first day and my husband got the Philly cheesesteak. The second day I ordered the Philly cheesesteak and he ordered the meatball sub. All of the sandwiches were very unique, fresh, and delicious. We loved it so much we went back again the next day, even though it was not on our way home! Between the delicious (and gluten free!) food and the friendly staff, we will definitely be back!

1  Thank Callie_Brian
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had the tomato basil homemade soup with corn bread and the BLT with a side of potato salad.
Both were very good. The potato salad was more of a mustard potato salad, which I like, but in case others don't. And the potatoes were well done. The waitress checked on us a few times. The wait time for the food was really really long. Seating was indoors or outdoors. If it was outdoors there was musicians on the porch playing. The restroom is about three businesses away. The restaurant had keys that you used to open the bathroom. The keys were dirty and gross (should be cleaned).

1  Thank BELL48848