“Fun Place”

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #36 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers serves up the best hand tossed, baked-on-the-stone, and gourmet pizzas in the Smoky Mountains! Locally owned and operated. The unique, eclectic feel of Mellow Mushroom has a come-as-you-are atmosphere. Only the freshest ingredients are used, focusing on quality food and exceptional customer service. The menu offers a creative variety of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizer, vegan options. There is even gluten free crust available. Large Party Friendly * Private Banquet Room * Large climate Controlled Patio * Full Bar * 30 Flat Panel TVs * Fun Staff
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Good pizza, neat place to hang out. Friendly wait staff. We were here in late May 2013. Atmosphere was intersting.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,288)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Pizza your way or experiment with something on the menu. Great seating over the parkway to people watch. Super desserts. Friendly service, but don't expect anything quick to the table. Have a drink, relax and enjoy the tunes of the Jimi Hendrix, the Byrds and Lou Reed.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We decided to try the pizza and they have a great menu of unique pizza choices. Not the best pizza I have had but certainly give them credit for creativity. Request to sit outside if nice and you have a great view of Gatlinburg strip.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Mellow Mushroom had approximately 10 4 top tables full when we were seated. We went sat down and waited, after about 5 minutes the server came to take our drink order, but it took another 10 minutes to get our water and for our order to be taken. We asked for no ice, but it was full of ice, she was nice so we didn't say anything. We ordered a specialty pizza(Veg Out w/ daiya cheese), it took about 25 minutes to get to us--it took so long that she even commented that the kitchen was slow, even though there weren't many customers. One bite told us this pizza was not good--the center was soggy, the entire pie was sour (we theorized this was from the banana peppers juice) all the veggies were tainted with the same sourness. We told the server (who we hadn't seen since the pizza was brought out) when she came to ask if we wanted the bill, she sent out the manager, we relayed only our complaints about the pizza, to which he sarcastically replied that, "Well you sure did polish it off," that would have been valid if there wasn't a large heap of crust, veggies and cheese on both plates. He asked what we wanted and I told him, I didn't need the entire meal comped, we did eat about ¼ of the pizza, but he said he would comp it anyway. He gave us $10 off, but a good manager would have comped the entire meal no matter what the customer said and would have brought out the cook/chef to hear the complaints from the customer. Finally after another 15 minutes of waiting the server asked what was going on, we said the manager said he was going to comp it, she said she would be right back and then brought us the remainder of the bill (about $11). We left hungry and slightly queasy.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were so looking forward to our dinner at Mellow Mushroom. We had my 3 grandsons, one of which required a high chair. Apparently, they don't like bringing a high chair to the table because they kept trying to discourage it. When they finally were convinced we really did want one, the latch was broken so we could not secure our grandson in the chair. Then, we asked about the different beers on tap to which our waitress replied, "I don't know about them. I don't drink beer." I suppose knowledge about the menu isn't a requirement at Mellow Mushroom. Then, my husband and I ordered two beers which were on the menu only to be told that most of the beers weren't available because the beers were all being "switched out." The waitress brought the wrong beer to my husband and when we told her about it she refused to take it back. Then, my daughter asked for a pizza without sun dried tomatoes but the pizza came to her with the tomatoes anyway. To his credit, I stayed after we paid the bill to talk to a manager. Our bill was well over $100.00 and he gave me a $20.00 credit on our bill. The pizza wan't anything special so I would look elsewhere for pizza in Gatlinburg.