“Always Excellent”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Gadsden, Alabama
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have eaten at Hungry Bear BBQ numerous times and have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent.

Visited May 2014

Detroit, Mi
“A MUST!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I did not expect much from this little roadside place, but the smoke coming from the sign by the road drew us in. I have to say I was very surprised by the just how amazing the food here was! Everything we had was just delicious and well worth the stop. The atmosphere was very casual, and homey, like going to a family members house for a cookout, This was far and away the best meal we had in Gatlinburg. I will definitely be going back there the on my next visit to the area.

• Visited April 2014
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great ribs and pork”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Ribs were tender and falling off the bone! Pork and ribs had great taste! Sides are pricey for amount you get. Chicken sandwich was dry and flavorless. Inside decor is old but interesting. The restaurant is small. We ate here based on reviews. In the future I would buy ribs and pork to go and pick up my own sides at the grocery store.

Visited April 2014
Riverview, MI
“Average”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The previous day we hiked the Greenbrier area around Porter's creek. As we passed the restaurant in our car, the smell from the outside smoker was fantastic. We resolved to come back today after hiking to Rainbow Falls. We ordered pulled pork sandwiches... $5 each... and found them average ... nothing special.

• Visited April 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
“Just OK”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stopped by for dinner while visiting Great Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park. We are kind of picky about barbecue because my husband smokes our own, but we were excited to try this restaurant based on the reviews. We got there early - around 5:30 - but they were out of ribs (WHAT) and also corn on the cob, which seemed pretty ridiculous. I got the brisket, and my husband got the double which meant he had brisket and chicken. He paid double the price of my meal. Funny thing was, he got less than half the food total - maybe 1/4 of the amount of brisket I had plus a leg/thigh piece of chicken. I think we must have been served yesterday's food - there was almost no smoke flavor. The texture of the meat was fine, and the rolls were fine (King's Hawaiian style). We weren't impressed and didn't go back. We might try it again on another trip but I'm in no hurry.

Visited April 2014