“Nice people and location, BBQ average”

Hungry Bear BBQ # 1
Ranked #48 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and location nice but the BBQ was average. Not a lot of flavor that I expect with great BBQ. Sauce was mediocre. My brisquet sandwich looked like the pulled pork the rest of family received (maybe is was). My daughter who could eat BBQ every meal said is was just "ok".

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The place was near our campground coming into Gatlinburg. The pork babeque was very lean and delicious with great tasting sauces. You can eat inside or out, order at the counter. The service was great(thanks Casey!), and we will return when in town again. Great barbeque!! Sides are also delicious.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I tried and tried, but on my 12 day tour of Tennessee and Kentucky, I could not find better ribs than the ones we had at Hungry Bear. We should have eaten there every single night.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Just ate at the Hungry Bear. We really enjoyed the food. The prices were fair and the meat was tender and delicious. The 3 homemade sauces were great to have at the table. We loved that it was a little outside of the strip. So easy to park and eat! We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

we were with a group of four others. some of them cosidered themselves true barbeque experts. they had heard of bear's and we were glad to go along. it was possibly the worst food i've ever payed for in my life. the meats were tolerable but the sides belonged in the trash.how can you screw up mac and cheese? the veggies were even worse. i feel bad about being so negative but i really can't say anything nice about it. the "experts" apologized, although it wasn't really their fault. they had heard good things - but none of us will be back..