“Do not stay here”

Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
alabama
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I never write reviews but I think I owe it to others to write one. I thought this place might be nice since they said they had remolded it. The only thing I could tell that had been remodeled was the bathroom but that was it. The carpet was nasty, the comforters needed washing there were stains on the sheets. The bathroom dressing area was nice but the the tub was nasty and would not drain. The pool was cloudy and needed cleaning. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hilton down the road or the Fairfield Inn. The service was great but the hotel was not nor was the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank love2travel3949
Jetta H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
We are in the process of updating the property. We are purchasing new linens, and the owner and management team are making changes, and addressing any concerns that our guests may have about the property. Our pool uses salt water, no chemicals are used in the pool. We encourage our guest to contact me Jetta Hefner while on property so we can address them more promptly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I was just there for a 3 night stay with 20 high school students from Oklahoma. Yes this place is not a Marriott or a Sheraton, but it worked great for our program needs & the price couldn't be beat. The hotel staff was amazing, the first night we arrived the AC in my room was working right & Jetta the hotel manager got right on it. When we came back the 2nd night & it still was working quite right she came to my room with the maintance man to check it out. Needless to say that night when I return for the evening the AC was working great. As for the night clerk, Seth, he was very helpful getting the charter bus parked & watched my students room doors on the hotel cameras so that my staff and I get some rest without worrying about our students sneaking out of their rooms. As for the view, everyone of us loved having rooms over the river and being able to hearing it roaring at night. Overall, our hotel experience was good. If you are traveling with a group of high school students and you are trying to saving money this is our place.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brighteyes76
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

We booked our room on the weekend after the 4th, looking for a king bed and an overlook of the creek. We got both, but being on the 4th floor which is even higher because of the parking garage, we might as well have not asked for creekside. Elevator was super slow. Breakfast was terrible. We are not picky eaters but there was definitely something bad about the eggs. Room was ok. Not dirty. Just ok. Won't stay here again. I hate to say all these negative things because the clerks were so super friendly! It's not very often u are treated so nicely. That's the reason we stayed.

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank Robin19605
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I think that the ON THE RIVER is the hook for this hotel. The employees are very nice and welcoming, the river is right outside off your balcony. We feel that the rooms are something to be desired. Paint peeling, furniture stained, beds uncomfortable and we just imagined the feeling of bugs and stayed in our car for the night even though we paid 90 dollars. Breakfast looked ok as we departed. Other then the river and the employees... Avoid a loss of money and find another place. On a quick note, it appears that they may be attempting to update based on some construction items laid about but this Comfort Inn is not the quality that the Comfort Inn has become over the last several years. Bring a pillow for your car.
I will post photos soon.

Room Tip: NO tips, just move on until they finish bringing themselves into this era.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank EbonynIvory
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 June 2012

great river view from the balcony sound of the river very relaxing very clean rooms very friendly, helpful staff i will staying here again for sure

Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This room was in serious need of an update. The carpeting was musty and the bathroom sink and tub needed refinishing. Beds were not comfortable. Been home two days now, and my back is still hurting. Loved the river outside the back door. We had a balcony right over the rapids. View out back was great and the sound from the rapids was nice.

Room Tip: Before I would accept a room here, I would visit the room first. Lay on the bed for a few minutes...
7 Thank Wickett52
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and the staff was extremely nice and the room was clean and I LOVED being able to hear the rush of the water in my room. The breakfast was much more than I expected from a complimentary breakfast. I will come back to rest and relax!

1 Thank Lisa H