Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I selected this location because it was back off of the Parkway. It was a good choice, the price was very reasonable for a quiet location. We stayed for 2 nights in a King Suite. It was quiet (but we stayed on a Thursday and Friday night) it may be louder on a Saturday. The room was very large and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. You could tell there had been recent renovations. The only down side was all the rooms shared a balcony with two other rooms. So if you were on the balcony and a neighbor opened their curtains they would be watching you. But other than that we had a great stay. Everything was within walking distance, which is great if you want to try all the free samples of wine, whiskey, and moonshine that are nearby. We will be back to this Travelodge.

3  Thank Lori J
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are so glad that your stay was peaceful and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Steven T
Gloria B, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the guest room and staff at this hotel. It was pet friendly and was very convenient to downtown Gatlinburg. We met the owner and he was super nice. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs a nice pet friendly hotel.

3  Thank Jennifer H
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our pet-friendly atmosphere and hospitality. I am also glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! Thank you for your kind comments and 5 star rating!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Found this wonderful gem while planning a quick getaway. Property has been recently fully renovated. Very clean and the staff was more than helpful. May be our new go to hotel while back in Gatlinburg.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience .We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We value you as a guest, and please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I came to this hotel after my first night at another one. I asked to look at a room they were happy to show me one and actually showed me two and asked if I wanted to see one on a different floor.
The staff was very accommodating, they let me check in about 11:30 a.m.
I loved sitting on the balcony listening to the river run below. The rooms were pretty quiet, I did hear a couple of girls talking and giggling the last night, but they were having fun and it didn't keep me from falling asleep.
I ended up staying for 3 nights, I got online after the first night and booked it a few bucks cheaper than the first night,but the manager gave me a good deal that night also.
They helped me with directions and I also saw them helping another couple with small children pick out things to do.
They did have a good breakfast and three juices, orange, apple and grape, which I have never seen at another hotel. They also had waffles and one morning it was scrambled eggs and bacon and one it was biscuits and gravy, they also had muffins.
The internet service was very good. If you need fast internet this is the place. Quick to connect to. They also have a pool but I didn't swim or see anyone else swim while I was there. It looked nice. They also have a microwave and mini refrigerator in the room, I really like having a refrigerator in my room.
The only thing I didn't like was the spots on the shower curtain, which I could deal with, the rest of the room was clean and smelled nice(no smoking).
I felt safe walking uptown, not many people as I walked back at 11(weeknights), but I felt safe.
Three blocks or less from the Smoky Mountain National park, you can just walk into the park. leave your car at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia6400

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and immediately made us feel very welcome. This was our first hotel in gatlinburg and was supposed to be our cheap one night fix. To our surprise, the room was immaculate, the view was beautiful, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful, and the staff were just so wonderful, helpful, and friendly. We stayed our next night at Sidney James as our nice room and all we wished for was to go back to travelodge. I will definitely be staying there again. Awesome job guys!

1  Thank Hayley H

Thank you so much for this review, I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff is committed to offering a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Gatlinburg on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014