“No freebies here!”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very expensive, no free breakfast. At the rate they charge they could serve steak for breakfast and still make a profit, but NO, not even a free donut! I was shocked to find I had to pay @$10 if I wanted the continental breakfast. I will never stay here again just for principles.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven T
Write a ReviewReviews (3,414)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was our first family visit to Gatlinburg and since I am a HHonors Diamond member we always prefer to stay at a Hilton hotel. We opted for the Park Vista due to it's elevated location which we confirmed give it the best hotel views in Gatlinburg. Although note it is set back about 5-7 mins off the main strip in Gatlinburg, so the free trolley, a long walk or driving your car down to the strip would be your transportation options if you plan to spend a lot of time on the strip. I also found the rooms, lobby and other common areas of the hotel to be fairly modern for a hotel that appears to have been here a while, but it was far from contemporary either. The checkin/checkout process was simple and easy, but I guess housekeeping is very aggressive about turning over rooms because someone knocked/came through our door four times within 15 minutes even though we had a late checkout. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant near the lobby was good and everything was fresh. The indoor pools, water slides and arcade for kids was a real plus and is definitely a draw for those with little ones - especially when the weather outside is not so nice. Overall, the hotel has a lot to offer - especially for those with kids who don't mind a light commute down to the strip for shopping/dining/entertainment.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a better view. Mountain view rooms are only better than city view rooms...
Reviewed 7 December 2013

It would have been nice if the hotel would have given a heads up that there was going to be a parade on the evening of our reservation. Especially considering that during the parade the Parkway is shut down & there is no other way to get to the hotel. We had to sit in traffic for 2 hours. My only other complaint is that we could hear the elevators running all night and all the foot traffic outside our room. It was not at all the quiet night away that my Husband and I had hoped for. The tv remote would hardly work and no free wifi.

The good things were that the hotel does have a nice lobby with a bar and a restaurant. We didn't get to try them out because we were so tired and frustrated by the time we finally got there. The room also had nice toiletries and the coffee in the room was good. The room itself was fine....of course with the exception of the noise level.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa W
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times. Both before the remodel and after. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. No matter what side of the hotel your room is on you still have amazing views. The first time we stayed here we had bears just below our balcony. Being from Ohio it was a little nerve racking but it was very cool at the same time. It's also very conveniently close to downtown. I wouldn't suggest staying here if you want to walk to town due to the driveway for the hotel....it sits on a huge hill lol.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the Park Vista for the first time the Friday and Saturday night after Thanksgiving. We have stayed at various locations in Gatlinburg, as we used to live in East Tennessee, and enjoyed visiting the mountains for short vacations. However, after moving to Georgia, we decided to stop in Gatlinburg on our way home from Thanksgiving w/family. The Park Vista's location is great. There is a beautiful view of the mountains from most areas of the hotel. The pool was awesome and the kids loved it......Unfortunately, the room was HORRIBLE. There were dead black bugs all over the carpet and I killed three spiders. The fridge was not working. A service tech came three different times to fix it...it never worked. As one could expect, our toddlers milk went bad. The hotel does not offer any complementary coffee other than the two small cups in the room. When I attempted to order room service to get a carafe of coffee, they told me it would take 40 minutes to get there. Additionally, the elevators were not working. As one could imagine, trying to navigate in and out of the room w/4 children when the elevators don't work was a nightmare. Check out was horrible because the elevators were still not working...The trash bins on the floor (outside of the rooms) were overflowing, old pizza boxes were left by the communal microwave, and someone burnt popcorn in the communal microwave causing the entire floor to stink. We attempted to eat in the hotel restaurant. I ordered the grilled chicken cobb salad. As I was eating I noticed a long hair stuck to one of my tomatoes--GROSS! When I complained to the front desk during checkout they offered me a 10% discount, which doesn't amount to much when you have spent over $600. I will never stay there again. I was extremely surprised it was a Double Tree property. Furthermore, I never saw a hotel manager behind the counter....just a business card.

10  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I went for the first stay ever at this hotel. We had look at it for years before finally booking. We left the 13th floor for a elevator ride down and truly thought we would be killed. On our room service order we were double charged for two items and when we told the front desk they thanked us for giving them feedback (no cash back to us)?? If you wanted to shower you had to run the hot water for 7 to 10 minutes on hot and wait for the hot water to get to your room. Truly not the Hilton Hotel Experience we were expecting. I wonder if the owners of Hilton have ever stayed here??

6  Thank Debra P
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My mother and I stayed here this past week in Dec with my twin boys. We picked the place mostly for the awesome looking pool. The pool did not disappoint. The pool is all indoors with heated water. It has a giant slide that looks like a tree that goes down into a 4 foot pool. Then there is also a hot tub up on that level. Then the bottom level has a 1 foot baby pool and a zero entry 2 foot pool with a smaller kid tunnel slide. The pool was clean and perfect. I think we definitely will be back for that pool!

The rest of the hotel is very fancy. From what I heard it is one of the fancier hotels in Gatlinburg. They have neat stuff like a finch glassed in cage to watch finch birds playing around. It has 15 floors with 3 fast moving glass elevators. Had to wait no more than about 15 seconds to get an elevator the whole stay. Everything in the main areas of the hotel was very clean and well kept up. The breakfast is not free but costs $10 an adult and a kid can eat free with it. It was worth the price. You have a server who gives you drinks and you get to sit in a fancy restaurant and eat off a lovely buffet. They had tons of fresh fruit. A chef making made to order omelets and the other breakfast fare. It was very good and we felt it was worth the money.

The rooms are nice. Not too big but big enough. The beds were comfortable. Every room has a balcony that has a lovely view. We had city view and honestly I preferred looking at the city lights. We were on the 6th floor. The balcony did have bugs all over it dead and alive. I think housekeeping should have be given time and told to sweep those off every day. The room was mostly clean except the beds looked like they had never been vacuumed under. Also the bathrooms had hairs still in the tub and behind the door. So the cleaning was not up to my standards.

They had plenty of good channels on tv to watch and I think HBO. The other thing about this hotel is it is located off the strip up a giant curvy road. So if bad weather it might be hard getting up and down from there. You also cannot walk everywhere. You can take the trolley and we did see it a couple times but we heard sometimes it does not run quickly so we just drove and paid for parking which of course was high. So that is one thing to consider. If you plan on going to the strip a lot and walking a lot you might not want this hotel. We only went to the strip twice. To be fair we did see the trolley come by the hotel a couple times.

They had plenty of luggage carts that were the nicest luggage carts because they had tons of hooks so we were able to easily hang and put all our stuff on there. I have never seen a luggage cart with that many hooks before. I was impressed. They have a lot of conventions and stuff at this hotel from what I could see. They have a nice restaurant and bar. Even the room service was reasonable. We ordered a 14 in cheese pizza which came with a pitcher of soda, a hamburger and fries, a salad and it was only $40 delivered right to the room.

So this is a very nice hotel and I would recommend it to others. Especially for the pool. My only complaint is step up housekeeping a bit. We were able to get into our room on time. I know a lot of reviewers have complained about them not having rooms ready on time. We came in on a Tuesday and they had ours ready.

It also looked to have a very nice exercise area and a little arcade.

3  Thank aprilsumner