“Not a good experience!”

Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
NC, United States
“Not a good experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

The first problem we encountered was the lack of free wi-fi. On the website, it states, "free wi-fi available". I talked to 3 different people before I got an answer to my question. The first staff member stated that she didn't know the answer. So she put me through to someone else. Then, without answering my question, she transferred me to someone else. Then I was put on hold while the last person looked up the answer. She then came back to me saying that we had free wi-fi available in the commons area and in the restaurant. Oh, well. I paid $9.95 to use the internet for an hour or so before our party! I didn't wish to conduct my internet business in public. After paying $111.00 for a room, I would have had to go to a public setting to use my computer, not in the privacy of my room! I was not happy! It was very warm in the room when we first entered. We turned the heat down to 60 degrees and left a little while later left for the party. When we came back to the room a few hours later, it was even warmer. We turned the thermostat down as far as it would go, but the fan couldn't be turned down! It was ok for a while. We went to bed (another problem to be discussed later) and the temperature was comfortable for a while. Then we would get cold, then hot, over and over. We couldn't sleep! The 3rd problem. Entering the room for the first time, I was very surprised to see that the beds had no bedspreads on them! It looked as though someone from the staff just didn't finish the room. It wasn't a good feeling to think it might be a sanitation problem. We had friends 2 doors down from us, and they had bedspreads on their beds. The bed was very uncomfortable, so uncomfortable in fact, that with the heating/cooling problem added to it, we felt compelled to get up around 4:00 am, to drive 1 1/2 hours back home to sleep! I am not a person who complains a lot, but this trip was not enjoyable at all. My husband and I stayed there last year and had no problems. But after this year's stay, I will not recommend this hotel and will not stay there in the future. We will find another place in Gatlinburg when we have our annual Christmas party in your hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

6 Thank Harold C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Centre, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We did the prepay and it was very reasonable. Does the hotel ever give discounts to return customers. We would be very interested for a weekend trip soon again.The only thing I can say bad about the room was the mattress was not very comfortable in room 1407 but the lines sheets made up the difference.

clinton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We took our kids and grand kids for our annual Christmas getaway together.We all loved it.Beautiful property and the rooms are magnificent.We had stayed at this property before Double Tree took it over and it was a let down.Now since Hilton/Double Tree has it it is great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My family recently stayed at the park Vista for a three night getaway.

We checked in on Thursday night and the hotel was crowded with a first responders conference. We were offered a free upgrade for a two room suite. We had a king bedroom with a full bath and a small second bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds. This was perfect for a family. The kids loved having their own bunk room with a nice flat panel tv and a wi game station. My wife and I enjoyed our private king. The rooms are well furnished and very comfortable. The bathrooms are a little small but nice.

The kids loved the large indoor pool with two water slides. The hot tub was great. There is an adequate workout room. Towels are provided in the pool and workout room.

We ate the breakfast buffet each morning and the selection and food was very good. We ate wings and burgers with drinks in the lobby bar area one night and it was all good.

The Park Vista is off the main drag with great views of the mountains and Gatlinburg. We walked into Gatlinburg. But the trolly will pick you up right in front of the hotel and take you to various points in the area.

I have stayed in many Gatlinburg hotels. The vast majority are older and need updating. The Park Vista is far and away the nicest choice in Gatlinburg.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TennesseeTravelerMan
Senoia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very expensive, no free breakfast. At the rate they charge they could serve steak for breakfast and still make a profit, but NO, not even a free donut! I was shocked to find I had to pay @$10 if I wanted the continental breakfast. I will never stay here again just for principles.

1 Thank Steven T
Smyrna, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This was our first family visit to Gatlinburg and since I am a HHonors Diamond member we always prefer to stay at a Hilton hotel. We opted for the Park Vista due to it's elevated location which we confirmed give it the best hotel views in Gatlinburg. Although note it is set back about 5-7 mins off the main strip in Gatlinburg, so the free trolley, a long walk or driving your car down to the strip would be your transportation options if you plan to spend a lot of time on the strip. I also found the rooms, lobby and other common areas of the hotel to be fairly modern for a hotel that appears to have been here a while, but it was far from contemporary either. The checkin/checkout process was simple and easy, but I guess housekeeping is very aggressive about turning over rooms because someone knocked/came through our door four times within 15 minutes even though we had a late checkout. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant near the lobby was good and everything was fresh. The indoor pools, water slides and arcade for kids was a real plus and is definitely a draw for those with little ones - especially when the weather outside is not so nice. Overall, the hotel has a lot to offer - especially for those with kids who don't mind a light commute down to the strip for shopping/dining/entertainment.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a better view. Mountain view rooms are only better than city view rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Seymour, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

It would have been nice if the hotel would have given a heads up that there was going to be a parade on the evening of our reservation. Especially considering that during the parade the Parkway is shut down & there is no other way to get to the hotel. We had to sit in traffic for 2 hours. My only other complaint is that we could hear the elevators running all night and all the foot traffic outside our room. It was not at all the quiet night away that my Husband and I had hoped for. The tv remote would hardly work and no free wifi.

The good things were that the hotel does have a nice lobby with a bar and a restaurant. We didn't get to try them out because we were so tired and frustrated by the time we finally got there. The room also had nice toiletries and the coffee in the room was good. The room itself was fine....of course with the exception of the noise level.

1 Thank Vanessa W