3,693 results
All reviews double tree city view pool area warm cookies hotel restaurant trolley service breakfast buffet family suite fire pit kids loved the pool great pool bunk beds parking lot hot tub the smoky mountains family vacation the main strip
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Picked this as the place to spend the night at for my daughters birthday. Paid for a mountain view room. Called prior to driving to confirm the reservation, the gentleman stated...your confirmation number confirms your room. I know that sometimes hotels overbook, but kept my mouth shut. Then I wanted to add my Hilton Honors info, and he took it without any friendly banter. I had just spoken with two other properties that i was going to stay with and they could have not been more friendly.

I got a room on the top floor, had a view of the mountains. The front office staff was as helpful and friendly as my computer is. No information except about how to get to the elevator. No information about dining, the indoor pool, etc.

I was most disturbed when we undid the sofa bed and it appeared as if it had not been changed and was terribly in a state of disarray. We asked for clean linens, and the staff did not ask to change the linens out or apologize for any inconvenience.

Also noted that about 90% of the people there were mostly seemingly unchaperoned teenagers on a church trip who insisted in running around the nice lobby either barefooted or wearing only socks on their feet. They were loud and took over most of the common areas.

Our room had some mold in the shower, and the balcony was filled with water and dead bugs that were not tended to in a while. Made it really hard to go onto the balcony without getting wet feet, shoes, etc. and made the top floor location appear almost moot.

Ordered room service desserts, and they did not have anything on their menu, served us a frozen cheesecake royale, and brownies with ice cream along with a side of milk. Charged $28 for the worst tasting stuff, and the milk was even terrible, going quickly down the sink.

Check out was also a really neutral, unfriendly experience. Had far more customer service at the Hampton Inns.

The hotel seemed really understaffed, especially at the front desk.
Would not ever consider going to this hotel again. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
7  Thank Allioop123
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with amenities, comfort, and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Park Vista is a beautifully situated property in Gatlinburg. The views are great, location is ideal (off the main crowded road) for getting into the Smokey Mtn. Park and other local attractions. The hotel is older but has been remodeled and has a nice lobby. The rooms are rather small but do look updated. The cleaning was average, not the best I've seen - spots on sheets, bathrooms had some minor upkeep issues, but ok. I am super fussy about a clean room and it was acceptable but could have been better with more attention to detail in my opinion......especially for the price you pay for this property.

The not so good......the check in area was a ghost town. No one to greet you, help with luggage, say "hello" or smile. The garbage at check in was overflowing with trash, which left a bad first impression. The most annoying issue was that there was NO ONE at the check-in desk, REALLY?? I waited and waited and then 3 clerks whizzed by but said nothing to me or my kids. Continuing to wait .... they finally looked at me but said nothing. Ok, I finally had to ask, "Can someone please check me in!!". Their response was, "Hang on we are getting to you as soon as we can, grumble, grumble.." It really made me want to leave, again because of the price we were paying for this property! Gatlinburg is not an expensive vacation location but this hotel is pricy for the area and you really would like to think you could be treated better. I am not expecting the Ritz but can they just check us in!!! Eventually we checked in and the girl mumbled something about bugs and bears and pointed to the elevator. Wow! Rude!

The pool was super for the kids, it was small but fun with the slides. There are no lifeguards or monitors so watch your kids, as it gets pretty wild around the pool and slide area especially. The pool area was clean, which I appreciate because sometimes indoor pools are gross. The food was just ok but the wait staff was very nice.

We would probably not stay here again due to the cost and lack of service at this hotel. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek is much nicer :)

5  Thank Karen H

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing. Thank you, Melissa Jones mjones@parkvista.com

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is an older but very well kept property. It sits at the top of a small mountain overlooking Gatlinburg and the surrounding Smoky mountains. The building is round cylindrical shaped and 16 stories high with an open center rotunda. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room was modern and clean with a large screen TV. Beds were comfortable. Gym was a decent size with dumbbell free weights, bench, crunch machine, and treadmills and steppers. The treadmills needed various stages of maintenance and repair. The indoor pool jacuzzi area was very nice with water slides and places to sit and relax around the pool. I was thinking it would be nice to have complimentary coffee on the main floor and free internet service with the prices being charged. Overall, we had a nice experience at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank vmag83
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

never stayed here. but would come back in a heart beat. infact planning my second trip now. the people who work here were extremely friendly and helpful in any way possiable. if they didn't have it they went to find it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Teresa H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The Park Vista Doubletree is an old property high above Gatlinburg. The views from the hotel are excellent, but that's about the only thing going for this hotel. Even though it's part of the Hilton family of hotels, The Park Vista offers minimal customer service. When you arrive there is no one to greet you up front or to assist you with your luggage. The front desk staff when we checked in was indifferent. Our room was on the 15th floor, while the view of the city and mountains was phenomenal, the balcony was filthy. There was mold and a cigarette bud. The bathroom was not much better with hair left on the ceiling from the previous guests. This hotel is very dated and tired and the carpet in our room at least, did not seem clean.

If your expecting a true Doubletree experience, hopefully you'll be satisfied with the cookie at check in... don't expect much more.

Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank RobertAlonso

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with service and hospitality. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact our offices directly.