Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Twinsburg, Ohio
“overall”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had arrived 4:30pm told check in was 3 when booking, room was not ready. Finally got room on 9th floor, drains in shower and sink backed up when using. Toilet only flushed half way. Wifi in room was additional 10 but free in lobby that never worked. Pool area was nice but pool water was cloudy n felt unsanitary. No free breakfast. Hotel staff was very nice, view was incredible but more negatives than positives. Stayed 2 days and never received housekeeping.

Room Tip: Would look for a hotel with outdoor pool and free breakfast for less room rate
3 Thank bill v
Tonya D, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our resort including issues with the pool and housekeeping services. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tonya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at the Park Vista 5 or 6 times over the past seven years and each stay has been worse than the last. You would think that one of the highest priced hotels in Gatlinburg would at least attempt to fix ongoing problems with the hotel & its service. After checking in on July 7th I discovered that the carpet around the a/c unit was soaking wet. The hotel sent up an " engineer " to check out the issue. After cleaning the filters he stated that he would send up housekeeping to vacuum and sop up the water. No one ever showed up that night. The next evening after being gone all day and getting in late discovered that the carpet was still sopping wet. On Wednesday morning, our third day there, I again informed the front desk about the problem and they again stated that they would fix the issue. Returning again to the hotel that evening the carpet was still wet. I went to the front desk and spoke with the night manager who sent up another " engineer " to check out where the water was coming from. He stated that he thought the water was coming in the sliding glass doors due to the rain that day. He stated that due to the late hour he would be there tomorrow to caulk the windows and the a/c and have someone clean up the carpet. Returning Thursday evening NOTHING was accomplished and the floor was still wet, the trash had not been emptied and the carpet had not been vacuumed. I went to the front desk and spoke to the night manager about their lack of maintenance and was finally offered a different room, which I declined since my wife and daughter had everything unpacked and in drawers for a weeks stay and it was not worth the hassle due to the late hour. They did give me a discount off of my week stay but never even came back up to the room or call to check on things. They never had housekeeping try to sop up or vacuum the carpet, all they did was pick up all the towels laid across the floor each night to try to keep our feet dry. BTW, After reading other reviews that same elevator has not worked during my last 3 stays. It is inexcusable for a Double Tree Hotel to allow its management and staff to ignore its guests and serious issues at their hotel. Lots of better run hotels in Gatlinburg to choose from, which I will do next trip.

5 Thank flamjr
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues your HVAC unit and housekeeping service during your stay. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer to investigate and correct the issues that you mentioned. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2014

For the price of the king suite I expected a larger room (bathroom is extremely tiny, door doesn't lock and there's no exhaust fan). The room could use updating. The views are beautiful (minus the parking lot) but if you lie in your bed with the drapes open, all you can see is mountains. There are no chairs on your balcony. Bed was comfortable after 5 days of getting used to, the kids said the pullout bed was ok.
Housekeeping is unpredictable. One day they didn't come until 4:30pm, another day they came at 9:15am when my kids were still asleep! Be warned; if you're not out of your room before housekeeping arrives, your room will not be cleaned unless you call to request it, even if they say "we'll come back later."
We've had little interaction with staff, but what we have had, they seem friendly. (Everyone in this town seems friendly!)
The pool is a disappointment for adults but the kids (11 and 6 yrs) seem to love it. It's usually packed with families and doesn't seem large enough to hold everyone (think 'The Simpson's' when Homer and Marge get a pool)
The breakfast buffet is good but pricey. Room service is insanely pricey, so we didn't even go there. NO WAY.
The trolley is helpful for Gatlinburg (if you can catch it) .50 per person to ride. That all being said, 9 days is a long time to spend at this hotel. For a shorter stay, I'd recommend. Hope this helps!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank brendajills
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues with our housekeeping services. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel offers a nice, quiet, and relaxing spot away from the busyness and dirtyness of downtown Gatlinburg. There are beautiful mountain views from every room, a nice patio with a fire pit, a walking garden with picnic tables, and a nice indoor pool for the kids with 2 small waterslides. I do have to say that it is not very clean. the carpets are old, worn, and stained. The grout in the bathroom is dirty and moldy. Thankfully, the linens and towels were clean. The common areas were quite messy and had not been dusted or vacuumed. The hotel was fully booked and it was 4th of July weekend, so this may have contributed to the unkemptness.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We apologize that we did left a poor impression around our housekeeping services during your visit. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team and have addressed the areas mentioned. We look forward to serving you again soon! Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel. Our room was spacious and relaxing with beautiful decor. Our view was breathless! All of the staff were knowledgable and friendly and seemed to go out of their way. The kids absolutely loved the pool area and water slides!! Also have to mention that the pet birds were a pleasant surprise and everyone couldn't wait to go visit them each day! Dinner and breakfast at the restaurant was outstanding as well and they offered a large selection of food. Would highly recommend this hotel. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I was very happy to read from you review that you enjoyed your stay and the views from your room. Our main priority is for our guests to experience a welcoming and comfortable stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Safe Travels,

United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Can't honestly say anything negative about this place. We were treated very well. Staff was helpful, rooms (and everything else for that matter) were clean, meals were good. Motel is on top of a Mountain with a terrific view. Each room has a small balcony facing either the Park or the city, depending on your choice of room. We plan to be back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to serving you again soon! Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Safe travels,

Fort Thomas, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed from 7/9 until 7/12, the room was clean but the main entrance the carpet was very out of date, the hotel smelled like chlorine from the indoor pool, one the of elevators was broken the whole time we were there, always a line waiting to get to your room, only 4 suit case racks for the whole hotel and the bell hope doesnt start until 9am, what if your leaving at 7am?

1 Thank Richard S
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues with our elevators and cleanliness of the our front entrance. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I have shared your comments with our Engineering team. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.