Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family and really enjoyed my stay. We stayed in the
family two room suite and it was worth the money it looked exactly like the picture. At the end of the day I needed some space from my kids (yes I did!). We had a beautiful mountain view there were no problems sleeping just a really wonderful time I enjoyed the hotel better than the attractions! We ate dinner at the restaurant the price was good and the food was alright nothing spectacular but I didn't feel like driving to get dinner so I was very glad they had the restaurant there. My kids loved the pool I did as well there weren't enough chairs so I just sat with my feet in the water watching my kiddos play. By the time we left half of the pool area was closed. I've stayed in some dumps before so believe me this was a really nice hotel! The staff were really nice and helpful I signed up for the rewards member so i got the wifi for free. It was just a really nice trip! I will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear lrodriguez007 ;
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your 'AWESOME" experience. Hope you visit with us again soon.
Travel Safely

Reviewed 20 August 2014

First off let me say that I have been going to Gatlinburg since I was a little girl and have always wanted to stay at the "big hotel in the mountains" but financially my family was never able to, so now being an adult, I was thrilled to be able to take my children there and start off our first week long family vacation that we have ever had due to their father being in the Marine Corps and not able to travel much.

Upon arrival, we were wheeling in all of our luggage so while crossing the busy parking lot I had my 6 year old hold on to the cart and my 2 year stand on it in front of me so I wouldn't worry about them getting hit by a car, as soon as we made it into the hotel and I was getting things situated a gentleman came up to my 2 year old and told him to got off the cart before getting hurt. I feel he should have came to me THE MOTHER and said something as a 2 year old was following orders and didn't quite understand.

Getting into the room the first thing we did was walk to our balcony, which had no chairs and was covered in cigarette ashes ( REMEMBER 100% Non Smoking) so I called and someone came vacuumed them up. Also while being on our balcony we had an ok view of mountains like we were supposed to but mostly a view of parking lot and a very loud fan from on top of a roof below. The air conditioner on the inside of the room is also very loud.

Lastly and the most absolutely ridiculous thing that happen to us was the my 2 year old son brought to me an empty condom wrapper. I immediate called the office at 11:08pm and the very nice lady said "oh my that's terrible let me dispatch a manager to call you right back" so I waited and waited and guess what!! NO CALL! After it happen I checked under the beds only to find a massive amount of dust and feathers from the pillows. I have pics of the wrapper and plan to post them if I can figure out how.

Needless to say, our visit was not anything I was hoping for. They have a nice pool that my kids enjoyed but that's about it.. If you like a hotel that charges a lot for everything this would be your place. My family and I were very disappointed but very thankful it was only one night due to the fact we checked into our cabin for the week the next day.

Date of stay: Aug 9-10 2014

5  Thank Rachelle J

Dear Rachelle J ;
Also disappointed that your stay was not anything at all what you had expected or should have experienced. I am truly sorry for your less than favorable experience and will certainly be sharing your comments with our staff in hopes of preventing any future concerns.
I do hope you would give us another opportunity should you return to Gatlinburg in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

While it is an older property and shows it age in some spots , the friendly staff , pricing , and location just about cant be beat in the area. And stepping out on the balcony of my 12th floor suite ( every room has one) as the rain storm was rolling in literally let you reach out and touch the clouds as they swept around the building , the mountain vista view was just fabulous.

Room Tip: go higher floor and on the mountain side if you can
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear James W;

Reach out and touch the clouds... what a wonderful way to remember your stay, and you are right! Many times that is exactly what you can do. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return soon.
Travel safely

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I visited Gatlinburg for a wedding, which took place at the Park Vista, so the hotel was also our accommodations for the weekend. The room had nice views of the mountains and trees, equipped with a balcony as well. Aesthetically, it's very nice, and the rooms were pretty quiet. It's close to everything in Gatlinburg, but it's up on a hill so it's far enough away from all the touristy places.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear EViW;
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. Congratulations to the Bride and Groom.
Hope you will return to stay with us again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and our two boys (10 and 12) stayed at the DoubleTree in Gatlinburg. I was expecting a higher level of accomodations as my experience with DoubleTree has always been very good. The hotel has some serious work to do on cleanliness. We stayed four nights and our room was only dusted and vacuumed on the last night after I wrote the maid a note requesting it. The hallway carpet wasn't clean as well. One of the three main elevators didn't work the entire time we were there. No attempt to fix it or put a sign up to inform people was made even though the hotel was packed with class reunions, business meetings and vacationers. The wait was often way too long. I also booked the hotel for the pool and arcade for my boys. Half of the arcade games were out of order and the pool is really fit for younger kids. The slides are small and slow. Finally, the breakfast left something to be desired. The cooking was sub-par and the line for made to order omelets was always packed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Cindy A

Dear Cindy A;
Thank you for staying with us and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. We did have an elevator go out of service for a brief amount of time; however with equipment such as an elevator for a 16 story building, that is something we must have worked on by our professional vendors. Otherwise we would have reset and had everything back in service quickly.
I hope you will stay with us at another time when you visit the area.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Vista in August 2014. The lobby and grounds were nice, well maintained but that's about it. The rooms look like they've been updated but look like a herd of buffalo have been through it. Chipped paint, dirty floor, dusty Kleenex box (saw a picture on Trip Advisor from another reviewer) you would think they would have fixed it. There was long hair on the wall of the shower (not mine), hair under the sink, bed was never neatly made, looked like someone laid on it after it was made. There was a bath towel I couldn't use because it was covered in short curly hairs so I had to check them everyday. Light fixtures in the sink area looked like something squirted on it and never cleaned, covered in dust. The location to me is too far up and away from the shops in Gatlinburg. Although there is a trolley that goes into town, it runs every 1/2 hr (we were told every few minutes) it makes so many stops, we just drove and parked (it was worth it to pay $6 to park at the school). I was pretty shocked in this day and age that they don't have free internet, unless of course your an Hilton Honors member, then they are REALLY generous and you get it free for ONE DAY! The pool area looked nice until you needed a place to sit, there were only 8 chairs. All the kids were so excited to go down the water slide...oh wait there's a sign "slide is broken". I'm very picky as to where my family stays so I stick to reputable hotels. I was really surprised that this hotel didn't live up to the Hilton quality that I'm use to.

8  Thank trouch65
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great Hotel. Breakfast was good. Great view of the Mountains. One complaint is that the Air Condition Unit was very loud and it was hard to sleep. Staff at check in was helpful and friendly. Parking area was very full.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton