“I will not pay for Wi-Fi in what is supposed to be a nice hotel even Motel 8 has free inte” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

OK,………I am not a tightwad , it is the principle. I will not pay for Wi-Fi in what is supposed to be a nice hotel (Park Vista, Gatlinburg) ……….even Motel 8 has free internet!
Hotel was quite but then it seemed like there were very few staying there. You cannot walk to town and will have to pay for parking or take the trolley if you visit the town. I would much rather spend my money on a hotel closer to town. The price was right for the Park Vista, we paid $12.76 for 2 nights because we received two nights free from a Ford dealership with the purchase of our new car.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank odie81Tn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
GRAY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

I made my reservations in advance and was crystal clear that I was traveling with two pets. I was told the pet fee was $25. I even asked the question "$25 total for both pets" and was told "yes".
I checked in holding a pet and holding another on a leash.
(It was very obvious both pets were mine.) and was charged $25.

The stay was nice enough and I was happy enough to want to make the hotel my regular, but when I went to check out they announced I owed another $25 for the second pet. I left feeling deceived and will not be back.

• Stayed December 2009
3 Thank BunnyHuggerJC
Maynardville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

I stayed at the Park Vista with my colleagues when we went to a conference in October. We were very satisfied with our stay. We were most happy with the convenience of the trolley, which took us to the Convention Center each day. We didn't go down and do karaoke the night of our arrival, and were disappointed when there was no karaoke the next night. We also were not too happy with the fact that dogs were allowed in the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed sitting on the sofas and chairs downstairs, as we awaited our friends joining us.

I would definitely stay again on a business trip.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

After reading all these reviews, I am coming to the conclusion that people find whatever they are looking for. If they look for negatives, they will find them, ....if they look for positives, they will find those too and will additionally attract a positive environment.

I was greeted at front desk with a smile, and plesant friendly small talk. Reservation was just as planned. I made a request of an item needed in the room,, and not only did they accomadate that, but they called an hour later to make sure that I did. Room was very clean, smelled plesant, and well laid out.

Some say furhishings are dated and worn. The room did show some wear on wood, but nothing that a little Old english could'nt take care of.

Our nights were quiet. We stayed on the 13th floor (out of 15) and not sure if that had anything to do with how quiet it was, but we never heard any noisy hall or lobby people, and the parking lot was full so there were plenty of people there.

My wife had a little issue with bed being too soft rather than firm, ...but she has issues with any bed she sleeps in other than her own (grin). They do have a trolley that runs every half hour into town (check time of year runs though), That saves you a long walk into town, or saves you $8 parking if you drive into town.

My only complaint is one I have with most hotels I stay in, there is just not enough outlets for computer, cell phone chargers, or any other things you need to plug up, without having to sacrifce a light, clock, tv etc. But (when I can remember) I try to always try to carry plug strips (and advise the same if you are a "where do I plug it up" family.

If you are an average person that just wants a clean nice room at a reasonable price, and service aval. when you need it, and have the best view in Gatlinburg, you should be very happy with this place. We were :)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vic486
orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

Went to Gatlinburg for a mini-vacation and the Park Vista was the perfect place to stay. After a 20 hour trip, I was nervous that some of the reviews from tripadvisor had been right... But we found the room to be extremely clean, large and nicely furnished. Our bathroom had been recently remodeled with new black granite countertops and again, was very clean. We booked the weekend before and paid $10 extra for a room with a view above the 5th floor. DEFINATELY WORTH IT! Beautiful sunsets and rolling mountains framed our view. We enjoyed our time so much, we stayed for an extra day!

The $1 trolley rides into town made dinner and activities easily accessbile. It is, most definately, a tourist town with more expensive resturants and sightseeing options. We stuck to white-water rafting and hiking. There was also a pool-table in the bar with football televised - so we managed to find lower budget things to do. As a mid 20s couple, we found ourselves to be - on average - younger than most of the other guests.

I definately suggest the Park Vista. We paid around $80 for the first two nights (with AAA) and $60 the last night. For the location and condition of our room - we found it an incredible value. Rememeber, it is Gatlinburg, TN so 5 star resorts are few and far between. If you are looking for a reasonable price and a great view... The Park Vista comes highly reccomended!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
myoffering
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

Basically you will be paying for the view and the convenience to Gatlinburg. My wife and I travel to the area at least 2 times a year. We have stayed at many hotels from Sevierville to Gatlinburg. Some dives and some pretty nice ones.
I would put this one at almost dive level. The only thing keeping it out of that category for me is the view. It seriously needs major updates!
If you don't need to stay IN Gatlinburg check out some of the hotels in Sevierville. Of course you will have to drive farther to get to the mountains or the Gatlinburg but some of the hotels are very nice.
I will not stay at this hotel again and I would have been upset if I had not gotten a great deal through Hotwire.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank myoffering
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

Great view. You would think with its great location on top of a hill it would be quiet. The the 60's hotel has paper thin walls, which means you can hear all your neighbors activites. They also now have weekly karaoke in the lobby bar, which will keep you up late into the night. With the fifteen story concrete lined atruim, you can sign along in your bed on the fifteenth floor.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple