“HORRIBLE....Don't Waste your time or MONEY!!!!! Would not let me dog stay there”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Plaquemine, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 February 2010

This place has the WORST customer service on the planet. My family (myself, husband,son,parents and inlaws) planned two months in advance to stay at Park Vista. I paid in full for my rooms three weeks prior to our arrival. We traveled 14 hours and when we got to Park Vista they informed me that they didn't have any rooms available. They had overbooked and we where basically "screwed". The Head manager wouldn't even give us a free night or anything! PARK VISTA IS HORRIBLE!!!!! The building is not nice at all it is old and nasty. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Gulotta3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Louisville
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We've stayed here several times before within the last ten years. The hotel on the inside is very outdated. The rooms need a major makeover (damaged oak furniture, boxy TV, uncomfortable materess, water leak stains in bedroom and bathroom)
Very very noisy with all the teenage youthgroups there for the weekend. From the 13th floor you could hear alot of them in the lobby at 11:30pm.

I took an online survey once we returned home and received an email back from the manager of the hotel. I was informed that renovations have begun in Jan and should be complete by June 2010. All the rooms will be completely renovated with flat screen tv's, furniture, new lighting, wallpaper, carpet...etc)

We may try this one more time but not sure. I've stayed in Hampton Inn & Suites & Holiday Inn Express's for less $$ and they are more up to date w/the times.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank villewoman
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed at Park Vista in June of 2007. Great views from just about any room. The trolley bus stops right at the front lobby. Will take you to town and back , so you don't need to drive your car. The hotel is at the top of a large hill (or small mountain). Has mountain view or city views. Our teenage kids loved the place, so much so that we're going back this spring. Hotel is currently going through a renovation. Hopefully we'll get one of the renovated rooms. Will have refrigature and 42" HD LCD TV'. Got a good price on a 6 day stay. The whole family is looking forward to the trip.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
TN
Reviewed 15 January 2010

OK,………I am not a tightwad , it is the principle. I will not pay for Wi-Fi in what is supposed to be a nice hotel (Park Vista, Gatlinburg) ……….even Motel 8 has free internet!
Hotel was quite but then it seemed like there were very few staying there. You cannot walk to town and will have to pay for parking or take the trolley if you visit the town. I would much rather spend my money on a hotel closer to town. The price was right for the Park Vista, we paid $12.76 for 2 nights because we received two nights free from a Ford dealership with the purchase of our new car.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank odie81Tn
GRAY
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I made my reservations in advance and was crystal clear that I was traveling with two pets. I was told the pet fee was $25. I even asked the question "$25 total for both pets" and was told "yes".
I checked in holding a pet and holding another on a leash.
(It was very obvious both pets were mine.) and was charged $25.

The stay was nice enough and I was happy enough to want to make the hotel my regular, but when I went to check out they announced I owed another $25 for the second pet. I left feeling deceived and will not be back.

• Stayed December 2009
3 Thank BunnyHuggerJC
Maynardville, TN
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I stayed at the Park Vista with my colleagues when we went to a conference in October. We were very satisfied with our stay. We were most happy with the convenience of the trolley, which took us to the Convention Center each day. We didn't go down and do karaoke the night of our arrival, and were disappointed when there was no karaoke the next night. We also were not too happy with the fact that dogs were allowed in the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed sitting on the sofas and chairs downstairs, as we awaited our friends joining us.

I would definitely stay again on a business trip.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Mississippi
Reviewed 10 November 2009

After reading all these reviews, I am coming to the conclusion that people find whatever they are looking for. If they look for negatives, they will find them, ....if they look for positives, they will find those too and will additionally attract a positive environment.

I was greeted at front desk with a smile, and plesant friendly small talk. Reservation was just as planned. I made a request of an item needed in the room,, and not only did they accomadate that, but they called an hour later to make sure that I did. Room was very clean, smelled plesant, and well laid out.

Some say furhishings are dated and worn. The room did show some wear on wood, but nothing that a little Old english could'nt take care of.

Our nights were quiet. We stayed on the 13th floor (out of 15) and not sure if that had anything to do with how quiet it was, but we never heard any noisy hall or lobby people, and the parking lot was full so there were plenty of people there.

My wife had a little issue with bed being too soft rather than firm, ...but she has issues with any bed she sleeps in other than her own (grin). They do have a trolley that runs every half hour into town (check time of year runs though), That saves you a long walk into town, or saves you $8 parking if you drive into town.

My only complaint is one I have with most hotels I stay in, there is just not enough outlets for computer, cell phone chargers, or any other things you need to plug up, without having to sacrifce a light, clock, tv etc. But (when I can remember) I try to always try to carry plug strips (and advise the same if you are a "where do I plug it up" family.

If you are an average person that just wants a clean nice room at a reasonable price, and service aval. when you need it, and have the best view in Gatlinburg, you should be very happy with this place. We were :)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple