I start this review stating that as i do on my other review sites, i almost never give someone a 1 star. Having said that theirs some major flaws at this hotel that needs to be addressed. I came here instead of staying at my normal hotel in Kodiak so that my wife and i could be closer to the mountains for our hiking as the 4 nights we had were for just that.
The hotel is dated, and i understand that theirs no room for new expansion in Gatlinburg, but their always room for renovation. The room looked like the 70s, and the walls were so thin we could easily hear our neighbors conversation at 6:30am as if it was in our room. I especially enjoyed being offered an alcoholic beverage from them on the patio off our room but i wont fault the hotel for that. The paint on the exterior is peeling, the doors on the ground floor of building 5 look weather beaten and warped, and we really enjoyed the climb up to our rooms via the parking lot when we walked down to the restaurant for breakfast. i say that we had breakfast but we actually walked to the pancake house after seeing what they were serving and the cost. My normal hotel serves this same breakfast for free so was disappointing to see they wanted to charge for it.
After all this, i actually would still be OK with the hotel as like i said, its tough to do much on established area's in Gatlinburg, but what i find unforgivable is customer service. 2 of the 4 nights their was a family reunion staying on the ground floor near the parking area of building 5, and they were very rowdy and noisy, and sounded as if they were partying until 1 or 2 am. When i called down to the desk at 12:30pm and stated that we would like to get some sleep sometime, i was informed that the security was on a different site and that they were sorry. Upon check out this morning after having less than 4 hours of sleep, i handed my key cards to the lady at the customer service desk, who asked me how my stay was. I stated it was terrible, and explained the above situation to her, where she took note about the security call and said sorry again. Did i mention that a gentleman with a badge that i thought read "assistant manager" was standing next to her? I wasn't sure if that was the case however as he never spoke up, never offered to take any notes or apologize, or anything. We just got a sorry..
I plan on possibly coming back out in September for another hiking trip, and it looks as though my old hotel will be getting my money once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Prime Location in the Beautiful Great Smoky Mountains River Terrace Resort and Convention Center in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, offers guests comfortable accommodations in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg, all within minutes of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most-visited national park in the United States - as well as Dollywood theme park. With easy walking access to the main street in Gatlinburg and a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities, your dream vacation is waiting at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your River Terrace Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Terrace Hotel Gatlinburg
- River Terrace Resort And Convention Center
- River Terrace Gatlinburg