First, clarifications: After reading several reviews, seems there's much confusion about this timeshare resort. Some reviews may be referring to the buildings up and across the street known as Gatlinburg Town Village; also a part of Summer Bay Resorts. Until Jan 4, 2011, for Gatinburg Town Square, you had to check in at the reservation office at Gatlinburg Town Village, then drive a few hundred feet to the Gatlinburg Town Square buildings. Gatlinburg Town Village were the first/older buildings. Addtionally, Gatlinburg Town Square buildings were built in phases so the rooms do vary in size; some of the studios are smaller than other studios, depending on which building you are in. The studios do not have a balcony or the jacuzzi tub. Most of the 1 bedroom units now have granite counters, new decor, furniture, etc. as upgrades are made to different buildings each year.
I own a 1 week, 2 bedroom lockout unit in Gatlinburg Town Square Phase 2b, and do not trade so I am here every year for the past 5 years. I just spent 2 weeks here, January 6 thru 20, 2012. Instead of taking a 2 bedroom for only 1 week, I took week #1 in a 1 bedroom, and week #2 in a studio. Upon checking in, the registration office was closed/dark with a sign on the door to proceed to the Gatlinburg Town Square buildings for check in. I was told registration had just moved there 3 days ago. Check in was quick, all staff were extremely friendly, rooms were excellent; both weeks I was given a room in the building facing the woods/river. It was very quiet and I enjoyed my stay as usual; I have never had any issues. Check out is simple/fast.
Changes coming?? - Rumor I heard from 2 different people were that this resort is no longer a Summer Bay Resort. Perhaps, it's not yet legally finalized yet??. As an owner I would think that I would be notified if this is the case.
I recommend Gatlinburg Town Square, I have never been disappointed with my stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Gatlinburg Town Square Nestled in the midst of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you'll find resort living in an area so vividly beautiful, walking through it is akin to moving through a painting. Gatlinburg Town Square and Town Village are ideally situated in the heart of Gatlinburg Tennessee, within easy walking distance to downtown and all the entertainment, shopping and nightlife only the Smokies could offer. Discover nature's gallery of mountain trails, pristine waterfalls and breathtaking mountain vistas, all on display and timelessly preserved for your family's enjoyment in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located less than a mile away. Whether you want to bask in the tranquility of the mountains, or discover the adventures that await within them, you are sure to find something to fit your vacation needs. As soon as you arrive at the resort, you'll find yourself adjusting to 'mountain time' as you gaze upon a three-story waterfall cascading down the stone tower beckoning you inside where you will be greeted by a resort team exuding the Southern hospitality for which this region is world famous. Let the vacation begin by lounging in front of your private fireplace or by grilling alongside our spring-fed creek. Here, you can indulge in the many attractions, such as in an aerial tram ride 2,675 feet above the city, and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatlinburg Town Square Hotel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Town Square Resort