“Great location, average to good stay”

Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Panama City, FL
“Great location, average to good stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have stayed at Town Square three or four times during the last ten or twelve years. We stayed in a one bedroom timeshare exchange during our most recent visit. The main benefit is the great location. It is within easy walking distance of most of downtown Gatlinburg. We stayed in a unit overlooking the stream in the back of the resort, very relaxing and nice.The bedroom is cramped and hard to maneuver. The kitchen is adequate. There is a TV in the living room and the bedroom. The unit had a gas fireplace which we enjoyed. The bathroom was good. The activities emphasized smaller children, which was expected but even so it was limited. Three days they had paid for stuffed bear building. The pools were adequate. Parking is onsite underground. Our check-in was very fast and friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get in the back overlooking the running stream. It is very pretty and the stream is relaxing...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JonnieS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed here twice with family. I first time we stayed we had a two bedroom. The second time a three bedroom. This includes a small kitchen, dining table and living area. The bathroom in master bedroom is very nice. Our unit had a balcony. I liked this place. I did not find either unit to be outdated. The comforters on the beds could be nicer but were clean and fine. The kitchen had everything to cook a meal. I called the day of our trip and got a condo. No problems with check in or check out. This was cheaper than getting 2 hotel rooms and our family could be together more. They had a dvd player in the living room. The icemaker did not make ice fast so they brought us a bag. Due to it being the weekend of daylight savings they gave us an extra hour for check out. No problems with noise either time. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank treecitytn
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Contrary to the negative reviews I've seen here, my family and I had no real problems at Town Square. The location is great. It's walking distance to the main tourist area, and two doors down from the convention center where the trolley stops. The decor was contemporary and neutral, nothing wild, but it was still nice. The beds were comfortable, and the kitchen was well-stocked. The fireplace could be turned on with a switch, which entertained my kids to no end. The place was clean, and mostly quiet. The indoor swimming pool was amazing.

There were tiny problems like the key cards needed 3-4 insertions before they worked. Also our bedrooms were right next to a downspout into which water dripped constantly, one drip at a time, it sounded like steel drums. There was no wireless internet, and when we called about it, the receptionist said they were "running the wires." Apparently she didn't know the definition of "wireless." None of these affected our stay at all.

8 Thank chas218
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Each February we have stayed at Gatlinburg Town Sq Resort for the past 4 years. Each year it seamed to get progressivly worse but this last year (2010) we had to say never again. I attempted to find another resort with simular amenities because traveling with 3 children and spouse you need to have some basic "to do" hit items for the kids. I dialed Town Square by mistake and found that there was a new management company and the staff was all excited with a new committment and a great attitude was running among the workers. So we took the unit in the back by the stream. What a world of differance. The staff was beaming, the units were clean and fully "loaded" and the resort looks like it is back in the top of our list. Thank you to the whole staff and we will be back in 2013.

Room Tip: Always, ALWAYS call ahead, you might be pleasantly suprised
16 Thank David345678
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Really enjoyed ourselves. Gatlinburg Town Square is lovely and the staff helpful and friendly. Love this part of the country.
Also very happy to hear that it is under a new management company. Liberte Management is in Florida also and we have stayed at 2 of their resorts with great satisfaction.
We will be back in the summer!!!

8 Thank Amy_Gauvin
Higgins Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just stayed at Gatlinburg Town Square for 5 days and we can't say enough good about the resort....the resort is located a short walk to the downtown area of Gatlinburg, once we arrived at the resort, we never had to drive anywhere again! The staff at the resort were very knowledgeable about the area and excited to share all the highlights of this great vacation destination. The rooms themselves where very clean and beautifully decorated! We couldn't have asked for more...we'll be back next year!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a "creekside room"
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank GailP246
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2012

First, clarifications: After reading several reviews, seems there's much confusion about this timeshare resort. Some reviews may be referring to the buildings up and across the street known as Gatlinburg Town Village; also a part of Summer Bay Resorts. Until Jan 4, 2011, for Gatinburg Town Square, you had to check in at the reservation office at Gatlinburg Town Village, then drive a few hundred feet to the Gatlinburg Town Square buildings. Gatlinburg Town Village were the first/older buildings. Addtionally, Gatlinburg Town Square buildings were built in phases so the rooms do vary in size; some of the studios are smaller than other studios, depending on which building you are in. The studios do not have a balcony or the jacuzzi tub. Most of the 1 bedroom units now have granite counters, new decor, furniture, etc. as upgrades are made to different buildings each year.
I own a 1 week, 2 bedroom lockout unit in Gatlinburg Town Square Phase 2b, and do not trade so I am here every year for the past 5 years. I just spent 2 weeks here, January 6 thru 20, 2012. Instead of taking a 2 bedroom for only 1 week, I took week #1 in a 1 bedroom, and week #2 in a studio. Upon checking in, the registration office was closed/dark with a sign on the door to proceed to the Gatlinburg Town Square buildings for check in. I was told registration had just moved there 3 days ago. Check in was quick, all staff were extremely friendly, rooms were excellent; both weeks I was given a room in the building facing the woods/river. It was very quiet and I enjoyed my stay as usual; I have never had any issues. Check out is simple/fast.
Changes coming?? - Rumor I heard from 2 different people were that this resort is no longer a Summer Bay Resort. Perhaps, it's not yet legally finalized yet??. As an owner I would think that I would be notified if this is the case.
I recommend Gatlinburg Town Square, I have never been disappointed with my stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family