Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We shared a 2 bedroom lockout with our in-laws for a few days. The room was very nicely appointed with everything anyone would need to spend a week there. In the lock-out unit the connecting door between the units would not stay open unless braced with one of the chairs from the kitchen set. The staff was prompt when called to fix a non-operational fireplace. The only thing that seemed poorly planned was the fact that you had to check in at a building down the road and then go back to the resort. Overall a very nice property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fladot

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had reserved the 2-bedroom suite for my husband's daughter's family of four and us (my husband, our teen daughter and myself). We liked it when we walked in. The rooms were comfortable. The pull out beds could be more comfortable. The wifi was terrible. They were putting in new wifi while we were there. The view from the patio was beautiful...trees and river. We were a few blocks from the main street making it quite. Not sure if we are going to go to this particular place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the river or creek.
2  Thank Beverly T
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Let's first establish the fact I am an owner at Gatlinburg Town Square in which I "own" a 3 bedroom "penthouse" (I was told this although I haven't seen it) during "peak week season" thus supposedly being one of the premium times of the year to come to Galinburg. This being said, a person would expect a little more from the establishment that over a decade ago was able to talk me into shelling out several THOUSAND DOLLARS for this opportunity to "own a week" and trade it with RCI for other resort stays....OR stay with them as I wish, of course, based on their availability/vacancies. When I booked this throough RCI, I booked a two bedroom sleeps 8/6 knowing this would put me in Phase II where I have many fond memories of sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and watching the "creekside" activities below. This time, AMY from GTS telephoned me a few weeks prior to my arrival there. I asked specifically if I was in phase II and she said YES you have an 8'6 unit. Great I said, "I want to be high up and on the back" was my statement to her. Arriving I was informed by the check in person which stated he had only been working there a couple of months and was tired of working on Tuesday evening by himself...that I was in Phase II B...What is B? Amy told me on when I called her again that "since 1996 Phase II A was creekside and was ONLY for Friday to Friday week stays. Huh? seem funny I have NEVER stayed "creekside" as they call it for a full week. Many times have I stayed for 3 & 4 nights in what I now know to be Phase II A and had no idea there was a phase II B which the units have patios facing each other aas if in a big U shape. The OTHER phase II has a studio with a large jaccuzzi type bathtub in the queen size bedroom area which I planned on the six year old grand daughter enjoying whileshe and her mother enjoyed their room and wife and I enjoyed coffee on the "creekside balcony" where we have enjoyed many fond memories. I feel I was misled by AMY not being told of where specifically what building we would be placed in, AND the fact I don't recall any correspondence in the newsletters between Summer Bay/boad members of GTS and owners about a WEEk to WEEK FRIDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY in what they are calling phase II B. When I owned a unit in PHASE II prior to "upgrade" to a 3 bedroom, I still didn't know it was called "creekside" phase II A. I will NOT stay here again...I will try to SELL or GIVE AWAY this (in my opinion) a less that premium resort due to this experience.

Room Tip: Stay NEXT DOOR at Holiday INN Crown Park Resort.
7  Thank TacoSwope
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We take a family vacation together once a year. My mother in law chose this resort last year for our party of 14. My family of 4 stayed in a "studio". We fit in there, but just barely. We could not open the door to our room when the fold out couch was open. Also, once the couch was open, you had to side step to the rest room area. There was a small fireplace, refrigerator, stove top, and microwave. The kids had a nice time in the outdoor pool and hot tub. Both were nice and warm. The indoor pool was nice to have with all the rainy days in our trip. Kids saw a movie (old version of Foot Loose) one night. We had a view of...the hotel next door. GTSR is located a short (uphill) walk from the strip. Just a little further up the road is a great motor trail. It gets quite busy by about 10 am, but is beautiful for sight seeing and doing a little hiking. In the other direction (within walking distance) is a Pancake House, Five Guys, and Bubba Gump. In general, a decent place to stay. I would ask for a better view (they wouldn't give one to us because we were not staying a whole week) and avoid the (way too small) studio situation. The one bedroom with a balcony and hot tub that other family members had were much nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the mountain. Avoid a studio.
2  Thank Suepow22
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We purchased our stay through a vacation website. We didn't expect a lot but we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 512A which is facing a beautiful creek and heavily wooded. One night a black bear came out for a visit and another night was a raccoon. Very exciting. This resort has an underground parking garage, indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub outside. Our room had a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom which was wonderful. Private balconies, fireplace, grills, and you can purchase any activity/show tickets in the front office. The whole place is set only about two blocks from all the shops and restaurants downtown. Across the street is a pancake house with good food.

Room Tip: Definitely want to stay in the back building facing the woods. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sstancel
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This resort is ideally situated close to a Smokey Mountains National Park entrance and just up the hill from the strip. Once we figured out how to bypass the traffic on the main road through Gatlinburg, we were even happier. I had hoped for a balcony that faced the mountains, especially when it became clear it was going to rain every day, but our room, and, seemingly, most rooms, faced the central courtyard. Not nearly as nice a view as the mountainsides.

The resort has no restaurant and the office with free coffee and cookies is up the road. We didn't use the pool or other amenities outside our room, but did enjoy the gas fireplace (especially since it rained so much), the covered parking, etc.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with views. Most of the rooms seem to face an interior courtyard so you see e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 11doglegs
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We were staying here through timeshare points so it was a free stay for us with a small housekeeping fee. It would not have been our first choice of hotels, but it served our purposes. Staff responded promptly to a concern about our room door sticking. The outdoor pool was not open yet, but the indoor pool was very warm. It is an easy walk to the main strip while being away from the hustle and bustle of everything. Family friendy with activities planned.

• Stayed: May 2013