We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. The unit was a 1 bedroom, Room 212A, and we had 4 people. It was clean and located on the creekside near the back. We did have a problem with the air condition unit leaking. The carpet got wet and water went into the bathroom. Maintenance came up several times but did not get it fixed while we were there. They put a dryer in the unit to dry the carpet. We finally put a bowl under the leak. It did not stop us from enjoying Gatlinburg. We were just 2 blocks from town and walking was not a problem. The best way out of the resort is to turn right and then back to the left just before you enter the Park Vista Resort. That road takes you to traffic light #6 which is easier to get out of than #8. The pool outdoors is very small and had very few chairs.
The only complaint we had was with the supervisor of housekeeping. We asked for a later checkout at 11am. At first we were told that would be fine then the supervisor called us back and said no that checkout was at 10am. I told him to be sure that maintenance fixed the air condition unit. I understand the policy but he was very curt after we had been very nice about having wet carpet and floors. Would we stay here again? We will probably try for one of the other resorts first. The location is great but once you have seen all of the t-shirt shops downtown you have seen it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Gatlinburg Town Square Nestled in the midst of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you'll find resort living in an area so vividly beautiful, walking through it is akin to moving through a painting. Gatlinburg Town Square and Town Village are ideally situated in the heart of Gatlinburg Tennessee, within easy walking distance to downtown and all the entertainment, shopping and nightlife only the Smokies could offer. Discover nature's gallery of mountain trails, pristine waterfalls and breathtaking mountain vistas, all on display and timelessly preserved for your family's enjoyment in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located less than a mile away. Whether you want to bask in the tranquility of the mountains, or discover the adventures that await within them, you are sure to find something to fit your vacation needs. As soon as you arrive at the resort, you'll find yourself adjusting to 'mountain time' as you gaze upon a three-story waterfall cascading down the stone tower beckoning you inside where you will be greeted by a resort team exuding the Southern hospitality for which this region is world famous. Let the vacation begin by lounging in front of your private fireplace or by grilling alongside our spring-fed creek. Here, you can indulge in the many attractions, such as in an aerial tram ride 2,675 feet above the city, and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatlinburg Town Square Hotel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Town Square Resort