“Great Location in Gatlinburg, TN”

Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #22 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great Location in Gatlinburg, TN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. The unit was a 1 bedroom, Room 212A, and we had 4 people. It was clean and located on the creekside near the back. We did have a problem with the air condition unit leaking. The carpet got wet and water went into the bathroom. Maintenance came up several times but did not get it fixed while we were there. They put a dryer in the unit to dry the carpet. We finally put a bowl under the leak. It did not stop us from enjoying Gatlinburg. We were just 2 blocks from town and walking was not a problem. The best way out of the resort is to turn right and then back to the left just before you enter the Park Vista Resort. That road takes you to traffic light #6 which is easier to get out of than #8. The pool outdoors is very small and had very few chairs.

The only complaint we had was with the supervisor of housekeeping. We asked for a later checkout at 11am. At first we were told that would be fine then the supervisor called us back and said no that checkout was at 10am. I told him to be sure that maintenance fixed the air condition unit. I understand the policy but he was very curt after we had been very nice about having wet carpet and floors. Would we stay here again? We will probably try for one of the other resorts first. The location is great but once you have seen all of the t-shirt shops downtown you have seen it all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaccaFan1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Rockmart, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were very pleased with the room at Gatlinburg Town Square. The room was large, clean, and nicely furnished. We would recommend this place and will stay there again. It was very close to all the local attractions

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donm30120
Oakland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I have been going to this resort since I was an infant and they have made many changes in the positive direction since then. The rooms have always been great and we have had no problem with them! The service wasn't always the best though, and they didn't have many activities for kids, but now they have a great service and Ping pong, basketball, bingo and rubber duck races for kids! It is an excellent resort with clean and relaxing pools and many activities for all ages! I recommend this resort for anyone looking to stay in the downtown Gatlinburg area!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Julia G
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Quiet. Kitchen was big. Nice sized dining table & living room.

Shower was very, very small.
No activities offered at resort.
Elevators were very slow and exterior of resort needs a facelift. Only view of mountains was from outside hallway and that included looking at hotel next door's parking lot.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Slav2210
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We shared a 2 bedroom lockout with our in-laws for a few days. The room was very nicely appointed with everything anyone would need to spend a week there. In the lock-out unit the connecting door between the units would not stay open unless braced with one of the chairs from the kitchen set. The staff was prompt when called to fix a non-operational fireplace. The only thing that seemed poorly planned was the fact that you had to check in at a building down the road and then go back to the resort. Overall a very nice property.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fladot
Holtville, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had reserved the 2-bedroom suite for my husband's daughter's family of four and us (my husband, our teen daughter and myself). We liked it when we walked in. The rooms were comfortable. The pull out beds could be more comfortable. The wifi was terrible. They were putting in new wifi while we were there. The view from the patio was beautiful...trees and river. We were a few blocks from the main street making it quite. Not sure if we are going to go to this particular place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the river or creek.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Beverly T
Dickson, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Let's first establish the fact I am an owner at Gatlinburg Town Square in which I "own" a 3 bedroom "penthouse" (I was told this although I haven't seen it) during "peak week season" thus supposedly being one of the premium times of the year to come to Galinburg. This being said, a person would expect a little more from the establishment that over a decade ago was able to talk me into shelling out several THOUSAND DOLLARS for this opportunity to "own a week" and trade it with RCI for other resort stays....OR stay with them as I wish, of course, based on their availability/vacancies. When I booked this throough RCI, I booked a two bedroom sleeps 8/6 knowing this would put me in Phase II where I have many fond memories of sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and watching the "creekside" activities below. This time, AMY from GTS telephoned me a few weeks prior to my arrival there. I asked specifically if I was in phase II and she said YES you have an 8'6 unit. Great I said, "I want to be high up and on the back" was my statement to her. Arriving I was informed by the check in person which stated he had only been working there a couple of months and was tired of working on Tuesday evening by himself...that I was in Phase II B...What is B? Amy told me on when I called her again that "since 1996 Phase II A was creekside and was ONLY for Friday to Friday week stays. Huh? seem funny I have NEVER stayed "creekside" as they call it for a full week. Many times have I stayed for 3 & 4 nights in what I now know to be Phase II A and had no idea there was a phase II B which the units have patios facing each other aas if in a big U shape. The OTHER phase II has a studio with a large jaccuzzi type bathtub in the queen size bedroom area which I planned on the six year old grand daughter enjoying whileshe and her mother enjoyed their room and wife and I enjoyed coffee on the "creekside balcony" where we have enjoyed many fond memories. I feel I was misled by AMY not being told of where specifically what building we would be placed in, AND the fact I don't recall any correspondence in the newsletters between Summer Bay/boad members of GTS and owners about a WEEk to WEEK FRIDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY in what they are calling phase II B. When I owned a unit in PHASE II prior to "upgrade" to a 3 bedroom, I still didn't know it was called "creekside" phase II A. I will NOT stay here again...I will try to SELL or GIVE AWAY this (in my opinion) a less that premium resort due to this experience.

Room Tip: Stay NEXT DOOR at Holiday INN Crown Park Resort.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family