“Cleanliness an issue”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We always try to choose Choice Hotel Brand when we travel for the price and points. We spent part of our Easter break in Gatlinburg and stayed at Sleep Inn on East Parkway. The staff was great, location was off the beaten path, but walkable to the main strip. Room could have been cleaner, found a roach in my daughter's bed on the second morning!!!!!!!!! Found it again the next day and killed it. There was a sticker from a previous guest on the bathroom door that wasn't removed for two days (I was waiting to see how long it would stay there), TV remote wasn't to be found and we picked up another one from the front desk and that one didn't work too well. The breakfast was fine, pool area seemed nice. One thing that seems to be an issue with the waffle makers in some of the hotels is that the waffles stick and a little bit of spray butter would help. The cleanliness and bug issue would keep us away from this hotel when we travel to Gatlinburg in the future

1  Thank Mbgtown

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Enjoyed stopping in Gatlinburg Tn. the Motel was great. Room clean and neat. service was better than most I had been at. Pool was best I have swim in. Close to all the local attractions. The breakfast was tastey and delicious. Will stay again when in Gatlinburg.

1  Thank JAMES C
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Me & my wife stayed at this place for 2 nights.Before we used to stay here & that time we like th
is place but this time they already renovated all rooms it was nice to stay here.Also pool area was nice.The staffs and owner were ndly n very nice.It was wonderful to stay here and we enjoyed lot thats why we always stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njcn1
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My overall impression of this place was that they bought it and are running it into the ground. The rooms were dirty. The "lazy river" was green. The pool was cloudy. I wouldn't let my kid near it and she was disappointed. The breakfast tables were dirty dirty and the floor was filthy. Creepy guys were dining barefoot in their pajamas. A boy was enjoying his waffle while picking his feet. The coffee was colored water. There were people milling about....more family members? No security. The fire alarm kept going off with no explanation. The bathroom smelled like bacon every morning.... On the 5th floor. There was no bacon at breakfast so why the smell? Somebody dinged my car in the parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank TheRoswells
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I use tripadvisor just about every time I book a room and normally I agree with the majority of the reviews, not the case with this place. I would have gladly paid a little more and stayed somewhere that wasn't covered in mold.

The bathtub had lots of mold (I'm attaching pictures). This could have been resolved with just a little BLEACH! The toilet had been leaking for sometime as the floor was wet and you could see the rust stains on the floor. The air conditioner vent looked disgusting and there was mold above it as well. The stairway was dirty and stayed that way during our stay. Observed trash and broken glass that was never picked up while we were there.

If the mold in the shower wasn't bad enough, there was no hot water. I called down to the front desk and he acted very surprised. When I got to breakfast I spoke to several other people and they didn't have hot water either.

Bottom line, with so many other hotel options to choose from go somewhere else. Especially if you or your children are allergic to mold.

8  Thank C_Ky_Traveller_
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room was absolutely perfect. We stayed in the suite that was poolside with a jacuzzi. It had 2 rooms, to my delight, and I could leave my husband sleeping in the mornings, have my coffee , watch tv, workout in the fitness room or take a dip in the indoor pool. The pool area also had a lazy river and a spa with wonderfully warm water and lovely soothing jets. The room was immaculate, and the housekeeper kept it that way day with a liberal stocking of towels (we use alot) We would definitely stay here again! The staff and owners were all very friendly and nice. The only disappoint was the continental breakfast, it was well stocked with pastries, oatmeal, fruit, and of course waffles, but the only protein was boiled eggs, which neither my husband nor I care for at all. Wished they had been scrambled, but then I suppose that is a personal preference.

Room Tip: Couples should get the suite poolside if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

For the money, i haven't found a hotel that can beat it. clean rooms, great staff. An indoor pool and walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg. the second time we stayed our door had a problem staying locked. they came and fixed it right away. they recommended a local pizza place and that turned out to be one of our favorite meals of the whole trip!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family