“King suite was nice with the kids” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Kentucky
“King suite was nice with the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

We stayed here for four nights, during the week, last October with our two children. There wouldn't be anything spectacular about this place, if it weren't for the pool area and the fact that we stayed in a king suite with a door between the living area (which had a pull-out bed) and the bedroom. Our room was very big and also right next to the pool area. There were two windows that looked out to it. That was sooo great with the kids. We made use of the hot tub, pool, and lazy river everyday. Hardly anyone else did, so we almost always had the place to ourselves.

The two negatives were:
1. The walk back to the room from the parkway was uphill.
2. There wasn't enough seating in the breakfast area.

Oh, but they have a waffle iron. The kids loved that.

I considered staying there again this June, but I want to check out Zoder's Best Western first.

• Liked — King suite and indoor pool area
  • Disliked — Uphill from parkway
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2007

Decided to stay in Gatlinburg----did not have a reservation-Mgr. stated they only had one room left-I asked if it was a "NO-smoking" room since I have severe allergies--- was told it was...room reeked of smoke all weekend...(ash tray was a give-away!)
Would of gone to Pigeon Forge if I had known this!!!!!

Stayed November 2007
5 Thank fallmom
louisville, ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

My experience with this Sleep Inn was horrible. We were staying in one of the suites( which was supposed to be one of the nicer rooms). However, it was everything but. First thing we noticed were that out of five lamps in the room only three had light bulbs. That really wasn't too big of deal. But we also found the shower curtain smelled like urine and the grossest thing of all...There was BLOOD on the comforter ( a really big stain...eewww!!!!) We complained of course to management who said they would take care of these items. We left and came back and nothing was resolved. This hotel completely and thoroughly ruined my vacation!!!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank blacksheep91125
Louisa Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2007

My son and I stayed there for 3 nights. We had a wonderful time. The staff was very very nice. The breakfast was great. We had a room on the first floor next to the pool and lazy river my son thought was great. The beds were comfortable and clean.

• Liked — The pool area
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2007

Room looked ok when we first arrived their was however a dirty towel and a coke can was on the balcony (non smoking room), I told the general manger he said he would personally take care of it and i was told they had not finished servicing the room this was after 2:00pm, we left went to pigeon forge came back few hours later door was still open to the room, dirty towel and a coke can had not been removed, had no towels or wash cloths, went back to the front desk night manager told me he would bring towels to room, he said he had 17 rooms that were without towels. I still had to go down to the front desk again and pick towels up myself, also the shower curtain had mold growing on the inside. The pool and lazy river was ok just small.
Teddy

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank tlwntn
Clarksville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2007

After our horrible episode at the hotel we had made reservations at we were driving around hoping to find a decent place with a affordable room when we stopped at the Sleep Inn. My husband went in and talked to the front desk and got a great room rate and the staff was wonderful! We were very impressed with the room and it was clean with a cute little balcony. Too bad it was so chilly or we would have taken advantage of sitting out there at night! The room was quiet and the only time we heard anyone is when people were walking the halls. The bed and pillows were WONDERFUL and I wish I could take them all home with me! The bathroom was very clean and well lit. We were very pleased with our 3 night stay and it was wonderful having a mini fridge and microwave for our leftovers. We loved that it was easy walking distance from the main strip and we didn't have to worry about paying for parking when we were out and about. We will stay here again! Oh! The breakfast spread was great, they had a waffle machine where you could cook your own waffles, toast, krispie creme donuts and a number of other things. My husband usually brought food up to me so I did not get to see everything they had to offer.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeatherH22
Homer, Illnois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2006

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in July 06.
My husband was told by staff that the motel went under new ownership during the middle of our stay.
Our experience was a very pleasant one. I found our room to be comfortable and Very clean~~no "musty" smell ~~and I had a smokers room!!!!
Also hubby and I both were impressed with not being able to hear from the surrounding rooms~~no water running, people talking, walking or running~~~~Nothing!!!! Extremely peaceful. We found the room to be very well insulated from noise of any kind.
We did not swim in the pools but the water looked clean and tempting each day we was there~~~~from our observation lots of folks did take advantage of the pools!!!!
Also each morning the breakfast bar was packed with people~~we did not eat there because I prefer going to the Pancake Pantry~~but from what I saw of the breaksfast bar~~the food looked fresh and tastey!
Our room was cleaned by housekeeping each day we was there and they did an excellent job.
We were in walking distance of downtown ~~but to be honest~~~ the motel sets on top of a hill~~~going down was okay but the climb up~~~~Yikes!!!!! I did get a good "work out".
We found the price for a room with a hot tub, reclining chair and love seat ,comfortable King size bed with balcony to be very affordable compaired to the price of other motels I had priced for the same type of room.
My husband and I visit Gatlinburg often yet this was our first stay at the Sleep Inn and we plan on staying there again..

• Liked — Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple